Gray Man Vs Tactical: Which is Better? - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Gray Man Vs Tactical: Which is Better?

This is a discussion on Gray Man Vs Tactical: Which is Better? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by stowlin Why not tactical in gray? Oh no ARMY tried that well almost gray fail. I think they shot the person that ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Gray Man Vs Tactical: Which is Better?

Quote Originally Posted by stowlin View Post
    Why not tactical in gray?
    Oh no ARMY tried that well almost gray fail. I think they shot the person that came up with this one. Upside it they were looking for you with the highest tech digital vision device you might get away. If you were not moving.

Gray Man Vs Tactical: Which is Better?-external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg
    Last edited by Smitty901; 01-01-2021 at 04:08 PM.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Ninja is better.

Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    Ninja is better.
    The face covering would make you fit right in.
    KUSA likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I will keep my woodland pattern BDU's, they work for where I am, woodland!

I have plenty left over from when I was in the guard, on the PD swat team and from DRMO bids.

That includes M-65 field jackets hoods and liners, even the ponchos.

My ALICE packs are the same.

Everywhere around me is broadleaf trees.

Last week it was 2 degrees F. here for a couple of days, out came the USAF artic parka to use.

Used the=at equipment in a winter hide for two days, had no problem functioning my rifle, was not really cold in it.

IF I am out of here in any response to threats the cammo will be worn in my AO, no need to blend, will be beyond that.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 01-01-2021 at 07:26 PM.

I don't like to put people down but the guy that made this video is an amateur and it shows.

1. Both outfits still give the same silhouette & visual read. ( He still looks like he is trying to be tactical while preaching grey man.)
    2. In both versions it still looks like he is wearing the very same form of 5.11 or alt brand pants.
    3. The behavior he is displaying during his Grey Man demo is him sneaky sneaking on bridge ledges...

So let's correct a couple of issues.

1. Wear what normal people wear to the event or occasion you are going to.
    2. Be participating in the normal activities at that occasion and event.
    3. Don't let your face be a puckered up asshole.

The problem that many of your clandestine-wannabe-kiddies, or your "street ninjas" have is that it isn't just what you wear it is how you behave. If you try to lie and you suck you will get caught, and half the time when going into an area where you don't belong most of those that do belong there notice, start paying attention, so your ninja secrets out.

If you want to blend in, stop trying to "be special", just behave and dress like everyone else if you don't want to be noticed.
    Also helps not to be freakishly big and tall like me, cause then everyone is nervous around you until you check out.
    inceptor likes this.
    Mistake #1 is expressing my opinion, mistake #2 is defending it. Yet here I am.

A great example based on recent events... All these "patriots" storming the capital in their weekend warrior kit. If I was a real bad dude, I would have dressed like someone that works at congress when I went in and stole whatever electronics I thought had intel. Which btw did go missing. That is grey man, getting in getting your shit done, and not standing out, because you researched, observed, and knew what you were doing. Not your Fast Helmet & plate carrier with all your dipshit coolkid morale patches.

Showmanship doesn't equal Tradecraft, usually the opposite.

EDIT: P.S. One last thing, stow that ugly F'ing backpack in your vehicle, many places in the city won't let you carry in a backpack. If I see someone with a pack, that is the first dude I would mug/loot.
    Last edited by SAR-1L; 01-12-2021 at 04:06 PM.
    Mistake #1 is expressing my opinion, mistake #2 is defending it. Yet here I am.

The term grayman is miss leading. It just means you wear what the locals wear. Out here in ranch country, New Mexico jeans and a flannel shirt would be considered gray man. The tactical can always come out at night. The same goes for weapons, carry a shotgun or leaver 30/30 in daytime, carry an AR or AK after dark.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaHull View Post
    Saw this video a week or so ago. Interesting discussion. For me, it's Gray Man. I'm in my mid 60's. At my age we definitely don't want to stand out. It's much better to be a nasty surprise to any bad guy.
    AquaHull likes this.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor - Personal Protection in the Home
    North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Captjim_NM View Post
    The term grayman is miss leading. It just means you wear what the locals wear. Out here in ranch country, New Mexico jeans and a flannel shirt would be considered gray man. The tactical can always come out at night. The same goes for weapons, carry a shotgun or leaver 30/30 in daytime, carry an AR or AK after dark.
    Yep. It's all about blending in.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor - Personal Protection in the Home
    North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor

Retired from the Army over 25 years ago so I’m getting too old for the tactical route, besides, I think if you go tactical you should live in an area that has allot of forrests, so it’s gray an for me.
    Suck it up buttercup.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links