Women Should Not Be In Position of Leadership! Discuss... - Page 21
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Women Should Not Be In Position of Leadership! Discuss...

This is a discussion on Women Should Not Be In Position of Leadership! Discuss... within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Eyeball But if Jesus is God, why did he say- "I am going to the Father,' for My Father is greater than ...

Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree678Likes

Thread: Women Should Not Be In Position of Leadership! Discuss...

Quote Originally Posted by Eyeball View Post
    But if Jesus is God, why did he say-

"I am going to the Father,' for My Father is greater than I" (John 14:28 )

"Why do you call me good? Only God is good" (Luke 18:19)

"Only God knows when Judgment Day will be, I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32)
    Jesus Christ is 100% man (Jesus) and 100% God (Christ).

In the following passage, He is spoken of as "the creator."

Colossians 1:14-17, "In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist."

John 8:58, "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am."

God plays three roles: Father, Son, Holy Spirit. Different roles ... one God.

Bill plays several rolls: Father, husband, son, brother, etc. All different positions but still Bill in every case.
    Last edited by ActionJackson; 11-30-2020 at 08:46 AM.
    "MAKE BREADLINES GREAT AGAIN!!" Joe Biden
    Donald Trump - 45th President - 2016-2024

If we don't like a church for any reason, we don't have to go, there are some real stinkers out there..
    Agreed!! Many hundreds (thousands?) of denominations. All using different versions of the Bible and some (apparently) not using the Bible at all. Some take away from the Word of God. Some add to the Word of God. Few there be that actually adhere and teach the Word of God.
    Eyeball likes this.
    "MAKE BREADLINES GREAT AGAIN!!" Joe Biden
    Donald Trump - 45th President - 2016-2024

Quote Originally Posted by Ridin with biden View Post
    1 Corinthians 14 34*Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.

35*And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
    Paul only wrote that to the troublesome church in Corinth (Greece) he had to go bust their asses more than once..
    Paul wrote to them- "I already gave you a warning when I was with you the second time. I now repeat it while absent: On my return I won't spare those who sinned earlier or any of the others" (2 Corinthians 13:2)

but it doesn't necessarily mean he wanted the "no women" rule to also apply to every other christian church then or now..

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Paul only wrote that to the troublesome church in Corinth (Greece) he had to go bust their asses more than once..
    Paul wrote to them- "I already gave you a warning when I was with you the second time. I now repeat it while absent: On my return I won't spare those who sinned earlier or any of the others" (2 Corinthians 13:2)

but it doesn't necessarily mean he wanted the "no women" rule to also apply to every other christian church then or now..
    2 Timothy 3:16-17

English Standard Version

16*All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness

All scripture is breathed out by God... again I am showing you scripture and you are giving me opinions and theories...read your Bible and stop trying to rewrite it is my advice ol buddy
    ActionJackson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
    Unfortunately, I live in southern Utah which means that I'm surrounded by LDS and FLDS believers. Ironically, those two groups have little to do with each other. The negative side to this is that I'm surrounded by a large group of people who have seriously deviated from the teachings of the Bible and who've added lots of man's writings to their belief system. The good news is that they seem to reject homosexuality and feminism for the most part. They're generally conservative in their political views as well. So I would rather live here than in an area crawling with Crips and Bloods.

However, I will never attend one of their church gatherings. And trust me ... they have a Mormon church on every other street corner.

There is also a United Baptist Church and a Roman Catholic church in town. And though I may be willing to attend a Southern Baptist Church (tentatively) I won't attend the UBC or the RC churches. The UBC has gone "the way of the world" and the RC teaches many, many, many non-biblical doctrines based on man's traditions.

I don't believe I've seen a Presbyterian Church in town but perhaps I'll start looking more closely.
    I understand your dilemma. One of my daughters lives in West Jordan. When you look, remember PCA not United Presbyterian. You won't like the latter.
    ActionJackson likes this.

Jesus never told women they couldn't speak in church or be preachers, Paul did.
    So who do you want to listen to, Jesus or Paul?..
    I guess we can just keep the red letter parts of the Bible and throw the rest away, then.

Good grief, what a ridiculous argument. The whole Bible is God-breathed.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    It is apparent that many of you are OK with women in leadership roles.

So, allow me to steer this thread towards a discussion about "Working Married Moms"
    Since we didn't give the answer you wanted, it is now time to alter the argument to get the answer you want?

I strongly believe that many of our problems stem from Married Mothers in the workforce resulting in a situation where they are not properly raising their children.
    I believe you are talking about core values, which used to be passed on from our parents as that is who we would spend most of our time with any time before the 1970s. After that approximately 1970s to 2000's core values were provided to youth through their peers, and a little MTV. 2000+ our core values are shaped by social media, which is the most extreme/polarized and divisive narrative on any given topic and has nothing to do with social health, and p.s. is affecting all current living generations.

One of the absolute worst and potentially evil things to do is to have a perfectly capable married women NOT raising her children and dumping them off at a daycare.
    You believe that men should be the breadwinner, women belong in the home to be submissive to their husbands. Welcome to America, the right/freedom to choose. Well at least before it took both parents with incomes + them working a full + part-time additional job just to make ends meet. ( not even because they are wasteful with their income. )

And for a Father to allow this to happen, shows that he is certainly not a leader.
    So basically one man outleveraged by the actions of 7 billion other people is a weak withered pair of balls not worth your respect?

Not to mention the problems on the marriage that often occurs because of married mothers/women in the worlforce.
    So if you don't own your wife like property, you aren't a man, and your marriage will fail?

If a career is more important, fine. But don't bring innocent precious babies into the world just so you can screw them up.
    As previously stated to survive, most don't get the choice, and on top of that what type of world would you be bringing a kid into now? It is why my wife and I won't have kids.

The great thing about America, is we all have the right to believe what we like. Don't believe I am a man cause my wife works, cool. Think women should be owned like property and kept in a white picket fence cage, outdated, but be with someone that wants that lifestyle. The world has changed significantly, and while I know I won't change your mind, I don't see myself as less than you, because my wife and I are working as a team, both parts equal for both of us to have a reasonable quality of life.

Detecting, salt in this post? Basically, cause I am seeing intolerance in this thread for the right of others to exist in their own way. You live your life the way you decide, or the bible dictates, however, don't impose your beliefs on others and insult/judge them for living differently than you. Not sure how we went from women's ability to lead to the bible's doctrine being the only way for one to live life. I think this thread is well derailed from it's original topic.
    Last edited by SAR-1L; 11-30-2020 at 11:52 AM.
    Slippy, Michael_Js and Weldman like this.
    Mistake #1 is expressing my opinion, mistake #2 is defending it. Yet here I am.

Sure, Paul told some noisy women to stop their yapping in church, but he had no beef with sensible women and says so in Romans ch 16-

"I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a servant of the church in Cenchrea..she has been a great help to many people, including me..
    Greet Priscilla , my fellow worker in Christ Jesus, she risked her life for me.
    Greet Mary, who worked very hard for you..
    Greet Tryphena and Tryphosa and Persis, those women who work hard in the Lord.
    Greet Rufus, chosen in the Lord, and his mother, who has been a mother to me, too.
    Greet Julia.."

And he reminds us-
    "There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus" (Galatians 3:28 )

Even God himself is non-sexist-
    "In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. On my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will speak." (Joel 2:28-32)
    Again, there is nowhere in the Bible that suggests Paul was saying for women not to be yapping during service. That is an opinion you read and it was used as unBiblical rationalization.

Again, you are quoting verses that do not support your unBiblical argument. Paula laid it out for you. She made it clear using the specific verses that stated the reason, none of the reasons being the one you continue to assert. Either you know the truth and willfully ignore it or you simply can't be reached because you believe the lie that you were told is somewhere between the lines. Either way, this is a waste of time.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Super Moderator

@SAR-1L I'd never presume to judge why some women work outside the home and frankly its none of my business what other women do.

That said, may I ask you your opinion? if money weren't an issue, do you think it'd be best for most women (again, not all just in general) to stay home and raise the children? And, assuming money isn't the problem because the family's basic needs are being met, is it her obligation as a mom to stay home even if she doesn't want to?
    paulag1955 and stevekozak like this.
    "Confusion is the guardian of truth."--Vincent Frankini, Tumblar House

Super Moderator

If we don't like a church for any reason, we don't have to go, there are some real stinkers out there..
    And these days under our commie regime our masters can lock down the churches on a whim. So sometimes we can't go even if we want to. Put that in yer pipe an smoke it. What's it like across the pond these days? Can people go to church if they want to?
    Eyeball and Michael_Js like this.
    "Confusion is the guardian of truth."--Vincent Frankini, Tumblar House

Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links