Women Should Not Be In Position of Leadership! Discuss... - Page 17
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Women Should Not Be In Position of Leadership! Discuss...

This is a discussion on Women Should Not Be In Position of Leadership! Discuss... within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Excellent discussion all! Hopefully we all learned something? I like to play a little game at meals when we have the whole family around. Its ...

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree678Likes

Thread: Women Should Not Be In Position of Leadership! Discuss...

Excellent discussion all! Hopefully we all learned something?

I like to play a little game at meals when we have the whole family around. Its called "What Did You Learn Today". I go around the table and ask everyone what they learned. Its not about a one line answer, because I continue to ask more questions to get everybody talking about whatever it is that some learned. Its really about the discussion that happens after the question is answered.

Anyway, just thought I'd toss that out there!
    MountainGirl and Denton like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Excellent discussion all! Hopefully we all learned something?

I like to play a little game at meals when we have the whole family around. Its called "What Did You Learn Today". I go around the table and ask everyone what they learned. Its not about a one line answer, because I continue to ask more questions to get everybody talking about whatever it is that some learned. Its really about the discussion that happens after the question is answered.

Anyway, just thought I'd toss that out there!
    I would ignore until I was done eating. If you badgered me, I’d grab my plate and my glass of tea, I’d run to your bedroom, lock the door and after a few minutes I’d loudly announce just how difficult it is to balance a glass of tea on your pillow.
    Kauboy, Slippy, stevekozak and 1 others like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Per google, the Church is considered the Body of Christ. So is St Paul warning that you should throw gays out of the church?
    Practicing homosexuals that promote their lifestyles publicly within the Catholic Church, especially the clergy. Yes. Absolutely.
    "Confusion is the guardian of truth."--Vincent Frankini, Tumblar House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ridin with biden View Post
    ..anyone who doesn't take the Bible at full meaning on all topics, not just the feel good ones, could be in a little trouble come judgment day
    The Old Testament says we should kill witches, gays and adulteresses, do you go along with that?
    Remember, if God wanted us to stick with the OT, he wouldn't have sent Jesus to give us the New T.
    I think I prefer Jesus's enlightened attitude to adulteresses..

Slippy, ActionJackson and czmead like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    I don’t mean to quarrel but when the Bible was written has nothing to do with it.
    That we have a more “relaxed “ view makes us wrong and not the Bible.
    The bottom line is that Jesus never said women couldn't be preachers or speak in church..

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
    Lots of denominations are going "the way of the world" these days. Some Baptist churches are now allowing woman and some Lutheran churches are allowing gays..
    If you don't like the style of any churches, don't go..
    I don't go to any myself, my pals tried to introduce me to some years ago but I always walked out after a few minutes, and once I even walked out before the service began..
    Another time I walked out and the vicar chased after me down the street to try to persuade me to come back, it was like trying to break out of Colditz but i managed to give him the slip and make a home run.
    I later learnt my pals used to bet among themselves how many minutes I'd stay in the churches, and when I got up and made for the door they'd begin rofling saying "There he goes, I win the bet!"..
    If I found a church I felt comfortable with I'd probably stay, but the bottom line is nobody needs a church or clergy anyway.
    Jesus said-
    "You have one teacher, me" (Matt 23:10)

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    Paul..states in I Timothy that women were not to teach or exercise authority over men in a church setting..
    Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    ..there is no factual basis to suggest Paul was telling women not to be yappy during service..
    Jesus never told women they couldn't speak in church or be preachers, Paul did.
    So who do you want to listen to, Jesus or Paul?..
    Last edited by Eyeball; 11-30-2020 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    ..Whether or not you object to women in the clergy has no bearing on, well, anything.
    Personally i've got nothing against women becoming clergy on one condition- if they turn out to be no good they should be given the boot the same as lousy male clergy..
    And consider this- anybody who thinks women shouldn't be clergy might be accused of sexism and bring Christianity into disrepute, and I'm sure that'd make satan smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyeball View Post
    The bottom line is that Jesus never said women couldn't be preachers or speak in church..
    So, the bottom line is that you probably do and choose from the Bible.
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Eyeball View Post
    Jesus never told women they couldn't speak in church or be preachers, Paul did.
    So who do you want to listen to, Jesus or Paul?..
    So, you don’t believe in what the Bible says.
    Dr. Gregory House

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links