Investing in Relationships - Page 5
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Investing in Relationships

This is a discussion on Investing in Relationships within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack I ain't doin' videos to make a fashion statement. True Dat, Big Sexy!!...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: Investing in Relationships

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    I ain't doin' videos to make a fashion statement.
    True Dat, Big Sexy!!

A Watchman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    @ND_ponyexpress_

Son2 played Youth Hockey for 11 years (Mite through Midget) and 2 years USA Juniors (East Coast Juniors)

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT go back and add up all the money and time you spent each season. It will piss you off!!!

Thankfully, USA Juniors was paid for by the team that selected him so no cost to Son2 or me, but dang hockey was expensive! Especially when the kid got strong enough to start breaking sticks with slapshots! (Midget age if memory serves)
    have 2 in hockey now.. a mite and a peewee
    Slippy likes this.
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    Can't speak for hockey, but when two sons qualify in the invite only select soccer league at the highest level in Texas. Those 11 months and every weekend games making up a season get expensive. Did I mention our team was based in Dallas Texas and I drove an hour and 45 minutes each way for practice twice a week from northeast Texas?

2 Sons and 5 years apart... I lived soccer as my hobby for 15 years and never really cared for the game. I did learn to understand and respect that soccer players are some of the most elite athletes in the world.

Who knows how much money... gas, time, restaurants, hotels, fees, gear? I spent tens of thousands of dollars, likely not too far south of a 100 grand.

Did I mention I hate soccer? I haven't watched a game since the last one my youngest son played in.
    yea hockey is like that... but also have to buy new equipment every 1-2 years... $200 skates (plus weekly sharpening) $120 sticks yearly (cut to size), helmets, tape, chest protectors, neck guards, breezers, elbow pads, shin guards, practice socks, game socks, mouth guards, practice jerseys, camps,... wish I had got them into swimming..... speedo and gogles
    Slippy and A Watchman like this.
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ND_ponyexpress_ View Post
    have 2 in hockey now.. a mite and a peewee
    Slippy's Rules of Youth Hockey/Sports;

Kid Will Pack and Carry Their Own Equipment Bag
    Kid Ties His Own Skates, No Matter How Young. Lace Assist Tool OK
    If Kid Forgets a Necessary Piece of Equipment, Parent Will NOT buy you a replacement at the rink. You will sit out the game and fill water bottles.
    Kid will wake up on their own for early morning games/practices.

Oh and if Kid bangs pucks into drywall in garage causing holes, kid will learn to patch drywall!
    A Watchman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ND_ponyexpress_ View Post
    yea hockey is like that... but also have to buy new equipment every 1-2 years... $200 skates (plus weekly sharpening) $120 sticks yearly (cut to size), helmets, tape, chest protectors, neck guards, breezers, elbow pads, shin guards, practice socks, game socks, mouth guards, practice jerseys, camps,... wish I had got them into swimming..... speedo and gogles
    Did I mention my youngest is a girl and she did competion cheerleading all over the darn State. Started when she was 6 all the way to high school where she dropped out and just did high school cheerleading. You ever been to a 2 day cheerleading competition? Man it's pretty awesome for the first 4 or 5 teams... then it just gets loud, annoying, repetitive, and leaves you with a feeling of "I gotta get out of here". She competed in major stadiums at colleges, the Cowboys AT&T stadium and convention centers.

I learned to take my lap top and sit at the highest row in the stadium and be productive.

Drama? Oh my Good Lord, I left my good wife down below to play in that batshit crazy game.

I refer to them now as the bow head days, as it was a usual part of the custom designed uniforms.

Thank goodness cheer season was only 4 or 5 months long and not competing every weekend.

Trace turned our ok, she is finishing up her masters at SFA in Nacogdoches (may God bless Mrs Slippy) after earning her bachelors at University of North Texas in Denton. She has majored in social work in behavorial studies. She wants to impact the world and work with those at risk. She knows her Dad is known and is a Watchman. I keep telling her I am the one of a class that is at risk.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post
    .-- . .-.. .-.. / -.-- --- ..- / .--- ..- ... - / .-. . -- .. -. -.. . -.. / -- . / .. / -. . . -.. / - --- / -... ..- -.-- / .- / -.. . -.-. --- -.. . .-. .-.-.- / .-.. . .- .-. -. .. -. --. / -.-. --- -.. . / .-- .- ... / ... --- -- . - .... .. -. --. / .. / -. . ...- . .-. / --. --- - / .- .-. --- ..- -. -.. / - --- .-.-.-

Looks like a Klingon menu, yummy..
    Well you just reminded me I need to buy a decoder. Learning code was something I never got around to..

https://morsecode.world/international/translator.html
    Last edited by Eyeball; 11-21-2020 at 04:48 PM.
    inceptor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Weldman View Post
    Problems with society, watching too much TV/movies, relating too much of life and how life should be with TV/movies and believing what they see on TV/movies as real. Turned my TV off 18 years ago.

Haha yes, the problem with TV (especially soaps) is that people think they're supposed to be like the shit-for-brains characters they see on screen..

Quote Originally Posted by Eyeball View Post
    Haha yes, the problem with TV (especially soaps) is that people think they're supposed to be like the shit-for-brains characters they see on screen..
    That's precisely why I hate TV. They are geared to a 3 year old mind. And guess what's happening to the adults watching.
    Eyeball likes this.

That's precisely why I hate TV. They are geared to a 3 year old mind. And guess what's happening to the adults watching.

Yeah and even some survival shows are just plain BAD BAD BAD like Grylls 'Born Survivor' shows.
    I used to like them at first but got fed up of the way he ran around like a blue-arsed fly, constantly looking round as if he was being chased by imaginary enemies, and I kept yelling at the screen "Slow down fer chrissake and get out a map and take time to carefully plan your route!"
    I know it was just pure entertainment but it sent out the wrong message to hikers and survivalists, especially kids.
    inceptor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyeball View Post
    .-- . .-.. .-.. / -.-- --- ..- / .--- ..- ... - / .-. . -- .. -. -.. . -.. / -- . / .. / -. . . -.. / - --- / -... ..- -.-- / .- / -.. . -.-. --- -.. . .-. .-.-.- / .-.. . .- .-. -. .. -. --. / -.-. --- -.. . / .-- .- ... / ... --- -- . - .... .. -. --. / .. / -. . ...- . .-. / --. --- - / .- .-. --- ..- -. -.. / - --- .-.-.-

Looks like a Klingon menu, yummy..[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.prepperforums.net/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif[/IMG]
    Well you just reminded me I need to buy a decoder. Learning code was something I never got around to..[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.prepperforums.net/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif[/IMG]

https://morsecode.world/international/translator.html
    I thought that is was Morse code, or a new kind of Braille. Here let me try.

"”†‡”★†¢¢€¥^°{{^π÷={^¥|€|}:;!›„«»$#³. 1åæäßū4û6úô
    Last edited by MisterMills357; Yesterday at 06:57 PM.
    I am reading The 9/11 Commission Report, and I am about 1/4 of the way through it. It is very well written and it is worth reading. [Sep 23 2019]

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Sponsored Links