Investing in Relationships - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Investing in Relationships

This is a discussion on Investing in Relationships within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Consider this tricky hypothetical scenario- Suppose a new member joins our survival group who really knows his stuff and at first sight seems to be ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: Investing in Relationships

  1. #21
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    England
    Posts
    107
    Consider this tricky hypothetical scenario-
    Suppose a new member joins our survival group who really knows his stuff and at first sight seems to be a very valuable asset, BUT is rude, arrogant and a pain in the ass, and gets on everybody's nerves with his negative vibes and causes a drop in group morale, should we put up with him or give him his marching orders?
    The 'Survivors 1975' episode 'New Arrivals' explored the theme when an arrogant young agricultural college graduate called Mark joins a group and his rudeness causes group morale to plummet.
    Group leader Greg tackles him about it in this clip, he doesn't actually kick him out but he gets the message he's not wanted, and voluntarily leaves later, probably to find another group he can bully-


  2. #22
    Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    At your six
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyeball View Post
    Consider this tricky hypothetical scenario-
    Suppose a new member joins our survival group who really knows his stuff and at first sight seems to be a very valuable asset, BUT is rude, arrogant and a pain in the ass, and gets on everybody's nerves with his negative vibes and causes a drop in group morale, should we put up with him or give him his marching orders?
    The 'Survivors 1975' episode 'New Arrivals' explored the theme when an arrogant young agricultural college graduate called Mark joins a group and his rudeness causes group morale to plummet.
    Group leader Greg tackles him about it in this clip, he doesn't actually kick him out but he gets the message he's not wanted, and voluntarily leaves later, probably to find another group he can bully-

    Problems with society, watching too much TV/movies, relating too much of life and how life should be with TV/movies and believing what they see on TV/movies as real. Turned my TV off 18 years ago.

  3. #23
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Co
    Posts
    767
    Quote Originally Posted by Weldman View Post
    Problems with society, watching too much TV/movies, relating too much of life and how life should be with TV/movies and believing what they see on TV/movies as real. Turned my TV off 18 years ago.
    Personal opinion I think many people don't realize that "Youtube/Social Media Influencers" are portraying a personality, not a real person. So people try acting like their favorite influencer and do a lot of the same extreme behavior designed for attention-getting.
    Weldman, stevekozak and Eyeball like this.
    When people refuse to cooperate the inevitable result is conflict.
    More about me @ Hidden Content

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    At your six
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR-1L View Post
    Personal opinion I think many people don't realize that "Youtube/Social Media Influencers" are portraying a personality, not a real person. So people try acting like their favorite influencer and do a lot of the same extreme behavior designed for attention-getting.
    My apologies I forgot about them too, technology is passing me up at 40 yrs old. Yes you are right, we need some more taking the Tide Pod challenges or whatever social darwinism award they can win. what's newest one now tokkit challenge or some social media platform?
    So connected in social media yet so disconnected in society, what a oxymoron for world has come. If SHTF they won't know how to invest in any relationship status for survival, might be typing in -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / ... --- / - .... . -.-- / ..-. . . .-.. / .-.. .. -.- . / - .... . -.-- / .- .-. . / - . -..- - .. -. --. / . .- -.-. .... / --- - .... . .-. / ... - .. .-.. .-..

  6. #25
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    7,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Weldman View Post
    My apologies I forgot about them too, technology is passing me up at 40 yrs old. Yes you are right, we need some more taking the Tide Pod challenges or whatever social darwinism award they can win. what's newest one now tokkit challenge or some social media platform?
    So connected in social media yet so disconnected in society, what a oxymoron for world has come. If SHTF they won't know how to invest in any relationship status for survival, might be typing in -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / ... --- / - .... . -.-- / ..-. . . .-.. / .-.. .. -.- . / - .... . -.-- / .- .-. . / - . -..- - .. -. --. / . .- -.-. .... / --- - .... . .-. / ... - .. .-.. .-..
    .-- . .-.. .-.. / -.-- --- ..- / .--- ..- ... - / .-. . -- .. -. -.. . -.. / -- . / .. / -. . . -.. / - --- / -... ..- -.-- / .- / -.. . -.-. --- -.. . .-. .-.-.- / .-.. . .- .-. -. .. -. --. / -.-. --- -.. . / .-- .- ... / ... --- -- . - .... .. -. --. / .. / -. . ...- . .-. / --. --- - / .- .-. --- ..- -. -.. / - --- .-.-.-

  7. #26
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Pete Florida
    Posts
    2,927
    Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Weldman View Post
    My apologies I forgot about them too, technology is passing me up at 40 yrs old. Yes you are right, we need some more taking the Tide Pod challenges or whatever social darwinism award they can win. what's newest one now tokkit challenge or some social media platform?
    So connected in social media yet so disconnected in society, what a oxymoron for world has come. If SHTF they won't know how to invest in any relationship status for survival, might be typing in -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / ... --- / - .... . -.-- / ..-. . . .-.. / .-.. .. -.- . / - .... . -.-- / .- .-. . / - . -..- - .. -. --. / . .- -.-. .... / --- - .... . .-. / ... - .. .-.. .-..
    .-- . .-.. .-.. / -.-- --- ..- / .--- ..- ... - / .-. . -- .. -. -.. . -.. / -- . / .. / -. . . -.. / - --- / -... ..- -.-- / .- / -.. . -.-. --- -.. . .-. .-.-.- / .-.. . .- .-. -. .. -. --. / -.-. --- -.. . / .-- .- ... / ... --- -- . - .... .. -. --. / .. / -. . ...- . .-. / --. --- - / .- .-. --- ..- -. -.. / - --- .-.-.-
    Please forgive my ignorance, but what is the deal with the cryptograpics?
    I am reading The 9/11 Commission Report, and I am about 1/4 of the way through it. It is very well written and it is worth reading. [Sep 23 2019]

  8. #27
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Northeast Texas
    Posts
    11,865
    When one understands the difference between friends and acquaintances, he/she becomes able to balance the interaction at a level they are comfortable with. True friends are hard to find and keep with life changes. Acquaintances are a dime a dozen and never have your best interests as a priority.

    Seems most of us here, are getting it right.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

  9. #28
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Posts
    4,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    I love ya Hawg. How the hell are ya?
    Been doing OK dodging the china bug and killing deer. 72 lbs of my own ground bambi with beef suet put up in the ice box yesterday. How's my good friend in Texas holding up?
    stevekozak and Prepared One like this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

  10. #29
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Posts
    4,658
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMills357 View Post
    Please forgive my ignorance, but what is the deal with the cryptograpics?
    Morse code.
    Weldman likes this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

  11. #30
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Weldman View Post
    Problems with society, watching too much TV/movies, relating too much of life and how life should be with TV/movies and believing what they see on TV/movies as real. Turned my TV off 18 years ago.
    THIS! Too many people think that what they see on the TV is life. It is not. It is not even a good facsimile of it. Anyone who is relying on that to prep, is going to be woefully unprepared.
    Weldman, inceptor and Michael_Js like this.

 

 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top