Investing in Relationships - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Investing in Relationships

This is a discussion on Investing in Relationships within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Yes there's a theme so I'm for the most part not antisocial but rather I have no patience for incompetence and stupidity.... Good friend of ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: Investing in Relationships

Yes there's a theme so I'm for the most part not antisocial but rather I have no patience for incompetence and stupidity.... Good friend of mine lives about 20 mins away from me. We met at the academy years ago and even though our work paths have diverged a bit we keep in close touch and know we can count on each other.

With that said, I will not go looking for new "relationships". If something comes up and happens - so be it, but I will not be going out of my way to find it

Yes - one can't make it on their own, but getting the right person is not a matter of going out and looking for them.
    Eyeball and Slippy like this.

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Interesting. Like Slippy, during my career, and I guess even now, I’m very outgoing. I was in consulting and a certain amount of sales at a global level. Entertainment, smoozing, socializing, etc. I was very good at it and liked it.

The reality is that I have, outsides of my wife, 4 close friends. Friends that would die for me and visa versa . Around that I have a good number of really good friends that I enjoy their company on occasion. Around that I have a large group of acquaintances that I like and keep in touch with every so often.

With that said, now that I’m retired, I have less and less tolerance of people, Especially people whom I find to be idiots. I like my close friends and that’s about it. Jeez.. typing this I realized I’ve become somewhat antisocial. LOL. Screw it....
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    I've got a 150,000 Facebook friends does that count?

Oh wait.... I don't have Facebook.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post

What's Facebook?

Yeah, but you love little duckies, safe places, and rainbows.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    Yeah, but you love little duckies, safe places, and rainbows.
    And unicorns that fart.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

And unicorns that fart.
    I love ya Hawg. How the hell are ya?
    Eyeball and hawgrider like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Isolated for me and the misses, years in war zones keep me isolated I like it when the wife goes instead. Only drive in town once every 2 weeks to 2 months for supplies on building and subsidies on food.
    Figure lone survivor won't work either, but I know to wait a few months after or longer since the SHTF before looking for others, that way to let the weak die off and the idiots to shoot it out. Will be lots of rage to let out when system fails especially in the younger folks, let them wear themselves out and see who survives from that bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Weldman View Post
    Isolated for me and the misses, years in war zones keep me isolated I like it when the wife goes instead. Only drive in town once every 2 weeks to 2 months for supplies on building and subsidies on food.
    Figure lone survivor won't work either, but I know to wait a few months after or longer since the SHTF before looking for others, that way to let the weak die off and the idiots to shoot it out. Will be lots of rage to let out when system fails especially in the younger folks, let them wear themselves out and see who survives from that bunch.
    The way the younger generation behaves these days is concerning. Just complete reckless/dangerous levels of bonkers for lack of better summary. Beyond just lack of concern for those around them, almost a Game of Thrones next level if you don't look like, talk like, smell like me and my friends, then you are the enemy type of mindset. So incredibly toxic and even warped level of lack of empathy or respect for the value of human life in general. Super dark shit.
    Weldman, Eyeball, inceptor and 2 others like this.
    When people refuse to cooperate the inevitable result is conflict.
    More about me @ Hidden Content

I am the opposite of many of you evidently, but due to where I live and working 6 days a week, I get little time for socializing (even less when kids' hockey season starts). I have several friends through past jobs and fantasy football, 3 hunting buddies come up every pheasant opener. I have told them if the fubar is flyin they can bring their families here. we have enough rooms.

My brother is the loner... no wife/girlfriend, no friends (other than mine) a true introvert when it comes to other people. the nerd with the money. but he and I are exactly alike odly enough. just that nobody but he and I and my wife know it due to his social awkwardness.
    Eyeball and stevekozak like this.
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links