Remote internet options ? - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Remote internet options ?

This is a discussion on Remote internet options ? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Arklatex I have hughesnet because it is my only option other than dial up. It is a ripoff. You do not get ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Remote internet options ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arklatex View Post
    I have hughesnet because it is my only option other than dial up. It is a ripoff. You do not get what you pay for and they know that. As soon as the contract is up I will be ditching them. My phone is faster and more reliable than the satellite. Cheaper as well. If Alaska has cell service I would go with that route. You can use the phone to run a connection on a pc or laptop.
    I went with Hughes Net when they were new in the consumer market. At first while a lot more expensive it worked and was fast enough. A year into it the declining band width stated. Soon after downloading any updates for anything your were down to slower than dial up. They offered free downloading updates a 3am for like an hour latter, but it seems the system was also down around that time. Even if you shut the system off you never seemed to regain your band width.
    They always had an answer pay more and that would get you all you need, but it never seemed to work that way. Weather outages happen but at the price you were paying they should not have. You latter found out that if you PAID more they would up the power settings and it happen less often. For awhile. Then they wanted more money.
    Then of course GEN1,2,3,4 and each time they wanted you to buy the new equipment that never worked any better than the old stuff. When service was bad they blamed your alignment and would require you pay $100 for someone to come out and align it. Any one can do it with a simple lap top for free. It was never out of alignment.
    Last edited by Smitty901; 11-30-2014 at 09:02 AM.
    Slippy and Blackcat like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links