What Is It Like In Your Area?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on What Is It Like In Your Area? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I just watched a Canadian correspondent in Washington describing that the buildings where she's at are boarding up. The hairdresser she talked to said they'll ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: What Is It Like In Your Area?

I just watched a Canadian correspondent in Washington describing that the buildings where she's at are boarding up. The hairdresser she talked to said they'll be boarded up way after inauguration......... in anticipation of protest, or anything that could happen.
    The reporter says, "it feels weird."

Where are you? How is it? Do you see any tell-tale signs?
    Last edited by charito; 10-29-2020 at 06:05 PM.

Today, I noticed the Pizza Hut restaurant is shuttered after decades of being open.
    Slippy, inceptor and charito like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

nothing has changed out my window... but then again, there is nothing here...
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

battleground cities/states will have the problem.... DC is going to be nuts
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

Too far off for me. M-Frs come this way 'll get them ready for planting.
    I'll growcy up and head home.

Boarded-up windows here as well. Not many, but shows what's anticipated. Of course, they will all be peaceful protests, with nice little campfires, SWAT teams doing their part to deter mosquitoes,.....
    My New Years' Resolution is 240p.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Except for people wearing COV19 mask you would not notice much different. Some of the restaurants are closed. Longer lines at drive troughs like Burger king and McDonalds. Ammo and some firearms in short supply in local stores.
    Living here anything or anyone out of place stands out.
    I am sure 60 miles from here Madison will burning looting . They are not dumb enough to come out here. No LE to protect them as they do their deeds.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Super Moderator

Here in south PA I’m not seeing anything unusual. I’m thinking our main concerns here could be loss of power if outages occur over very large areas (to include us) and a more likely issue is possible disruptions to the food supply. There will be no major rioting here. The police and local citizens here wouldn’t stand for it.

A nice little Meat & 3 place shut down after being in business as long as I've been here.

The State Run Liquor store employees are freakin' Mask Nazis

Predominately negros and young females wear masks when they drive alone or walk alone outside.

There is no salt/pepper or ketchup on the table at most restaurants...or you can't go inside some restaurants they are still-take out only.

The Super Cuts has to take my temperature when they cut my hair. I freaked one girl out when I told her rectal temps were more accurate, would that be necessary?

Going to the doctor is actually better, less wait and less idiots in the waiting room. But the Counter Check In people are mask Nazies. I tell them I have a pre-existing condition and cannot wear a mask...freaks 'em out!

The chubby girl at the car wash still laughs at me when she checks the bed of my F150 to see if there is anything in it before I drive into the wash and I ask.."There isn't a body or nothing like that back there. right"?

Mrs Slippy now does her Bible Study on Zoom instead of in person and is so computer illiterate she cracks me up every time she logs in to the Bible Study....then all of the other ladies log in and they are just as bad as she is and that cracks me up even more! They waste the first 20 minutes trying to get all of these ladies up to speed on Zoom!

Its fun for me to pretend to not understand what someone is saying due to their mask!

My quick Oil Change and Tire Rotation place has gotten better and offers bottles of water and most of the mask wearers wait outside leaving the waiting area for the non-maskers!

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    .......There is no salt/pepper or ketchup on the table at most restaurants.....

My favorite local pizzaria stopped setting out metal silverware, just plastic. I stopped by the thrift store and bought a knife fork and spoon to use there so I can eat like a human being.
    Slippy, SOCOM42, Denton and 3 others like this.
    My New Years' Resolution is 240p.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links