China attacks Taiwan? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

China attacks Taiwan?

This is a discussion on China attacks Taiwan? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Last I heard the Chicoms would have to stick with making war on Taiwan with an air campain..missles Rockets etc. They lack an expeditionary force ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: China attacks Taiwan?

Last I heard the Chicoms would have to stick with making war on Taiwan with an air campain..missles Rockets etc. They lack an expeditionary force capable of an actual invasion...but I aint heard lately. Maybe that can do it now with their artificial islands and such things.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalKane49p View Post
    The CPC is already deeply entrenched in Western Democracies and trying to manipulate them. They are even playing with elections, pouring millions of doses of drugs onto our streets and launching daily cyber attacks. They are funding groups to tear the country apart and when everything collapses they'll be there to offer "Humanitarian Aid" which is just another word conquest and the stripping of our natural resources.
    And precisely NONE of those issues would be stopped or even slowed down by sending our men and women to battle. We have been at war for nearly 20 years and have accomplished nothing useful or lasting. I cannot ask a single service member to be killed or injured in some other overseas shithole until we get our own domestic house in order.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalKane49p View Post
    China needs Lebensraum. Look what has happened in Tibet. Hong Kong was lost while the West was dealing with a virus that was created in China. China needs to make its move on Taiwan in the next 6-8 months, before the West gets this 'simple flu" under control. You should care.

Godspeed.
    I do not care about Tibet or Hong Kong. Tibet and China have been in a state of war for over 1000 years. Hong Kong was given to the Red Chinese by the BRITISH in 1997. If anybody should have stood up for the people of Hong Kong it should have been the British since they allowed the problem to happen in the first place.

Screw that! I am tired of paying for foreign wars. I am tired of asking our service members to fight and die paying for the freedom of foreigners (that hate us anyway) while our freedoms are being eroded at home. No more. The rest of the world can rot for all I care.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    And precisely NONE of those issues would be stopped or even slowed down by sending our men and women to battle. We have been at war for nearly 20 years and have accomplished nothing useful or lasting. I cannot ask a single service member to be killed or injured in some other overseas shithole until we get our own domestic house in order.

I do not care about Tibet or Hong Kong. Tibet and China have been in a state of war for over 1000 years. Hong Kong was given to the Red Chinese by the BRITISH in 1997. If anybody should have stood up for the people of Hong Kong it should have been the British since they allowed the problem to happen in the first place.

Screw that! I am tired of paying for foreign wars. I am tired of asking our service members to fight and die paying for the freedom of foreigners (that hate us anyway) while our freedoms are being eroded at home. No more. The rest of the world can rot for all I care.
    Exactly. We are NOT the policemen of the entire globe (otherwise interpreted as the military arm of the U.N.). All of our resources should be utilized to make and KEEP us the sovereign Big Boy on the Block. Economically. Militarily. No more "police actions" voted in by the United Nations. No more little wars for crony capitalism. Just the straight stuff, no ice: constitutional freedom, free market capitalism, and too big to f4ck with.
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I don't know that it's a question of if, but rather when China takes Taiwan. China will wait till after the election irregardless. The difference between a Biden Presidency and a Trump presidency and whether or not we descend into chaos will change the dynamic. Whether or not we should defend Taiwan or not is probably irrelevant, we most likely will be forced to render some form of aid. I mean, since when has it mattered whether or not it's our business anyway? Should we? No. Will we? Yeah, probably.
    NewRiverGeorge likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

I’m no military expert. But from what I’ve read, China has a very minimal capacity as far as amphibious assault capability. So they can air assault Taiwan but Taiwan has a pretty modern army so I doubt that China can actually take the island by invasion right now. Maybe in 5 years. If we keep selling (and delivering) modern aircraft and air defense weapons to Taiwan, I don’t think China can sucessfully take the island. But they can certainly cause a lot of damage from the air. Any attack would also certainly cause additional backlash against China. But at thus point I don’t think China cares much.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    I’m no military expert. But from what I’ve read, China has a very minimal capacity as far as amphibious assault capability. So they can air assault Taiwan but Taiwan has a pretty modern army so I doubt that China can actually take the island by invasion right now. Maybe in 5 years. If we keep selling (and delivering) modern aircraft and air defense weapons to Taiwan, I don’t think China can sucessfully take the island. But they can certainly cause a lot of damage from the air. Any attack would also certainly cause additional backlash against China. But at thus point I don’t think China cares much.
    It's my understanding as well that China lacks amphibious assault craft and Taiwan has limited landing beaches. Taiwan has a well equipped and well trained army and air force. But, I am thinking if unopposed by outside forces, China will have it's way in the end.
    NewRiverGeorge and bigwheel like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

The US has spent Trillions of tax payer dollars "fighting the spread of communism" in countries that don't mean 2 shits to us. Yet communism is spreading in the US faster than a California wild-fire and yet we don't do a damn thing to stop it? But god Forbid anything disrupt the manufacturing of our plastic junk in a country halfway 'round the world... HA!

What if we are unable to get the domestic house in order because of China’s infiltration / infestation into the house?

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Not our problem...

But, we can and should hurt their economy by not buying cheap chicom crap for starters.
    If Taiwan falls, China has the run of the Pacific. Yeah he's a Canuck, but sometimes he gets it.

Bucket-Back since 2004

Both China and little Kim Bong Dong do not yet have the offensive nuclear capability that we do. Maybe it’s time to start thinking about a pre-emptive strike to send these two nations back about a hundred years or so. That would solve a tremendous number of our present and soon-to-be problems.
    AquaHull likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links