SHTF! What's In Your FRIDGE? - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

SHTF! What's In Your FRIDGE?

This is a discussion on SHTF! What's In Your FRIDGE? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Lots and Lots of BACON!!!!!!!!!...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: SHTF! What's In Your FRIDGE?

Lots and Lots of BACON!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LUVDABACON View Post
    Name:  Who Needs That Much Applesauce.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  194.5 KB
    Denton and stevekozak like this.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Well I have 2 chest type freezers a and a refer/fridge combo and another one coming in a week.
    Mine have raw chicken done up with a food saver, hamburger done the same way.
    There is ham and bacon also about 20# of each, in a month it will be cold enough to leave stuff outside.
    One freezer is outside and will not draw electricity for five months.
    A third of one chest is filled with meds of all sorts that are needed here plus SHTF stuff.
    Some fish, vac packed and frozen commercially, I don't eat it myself.
    There is 30 pounds of butter in the freezers.
    Both of our diets consist mainly of chicken and rice, that is what there is the most of in there, chicken.
    charito, Michael_Js and Denton like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

1 fridge is full of pheasants and beer, 1 fridge is full of food (we buy milk 4 gal at a time), 3rd fridge is full of juice, mt dew, and seeds.

1 freezer is full of burger/steaks 2nd freezer is waiting to be filled with the 3 buck tags we get to use in a few weeks..
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

SHTF! What's In Your FRIDGE?
    In the fridge:
    1) About 20 cans of sardines and kippered snacks.
    2) Several bags of nuts (macadamia, sun flower seeds, walnuts, pecans, pinion nuts, and raw hemp seeds [shelled]).
    3) I have a drawer full of cheese.
    4) I always keep plenty of Almond/Coconut milk on hand.
    5) Various other foods stuffs and condiments.
    6) Two large jars of olives.
    7) Two dozen free range eggs.

Freezers:
    1) About 100 lbs of grass-fed ground beef.
    2) 25 lbs of free range chicken.
    3) About 10 lbs of fish (salmon and cod).
    4) Two beef roasts.
    5) Many bags of frozen veggies (broccoli, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, cauliflower, kale & other leafy greens)
    6) Several bags of mixed berries (blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries).
    7) Maybe ten 8-packs of beef hot dogs.

Since I live alone ... this is more than enough for me. I have two boxes of #10 cans as well as 5 gallon buckets of freeze dried foods in my storage unit.
    Last edited by ActionJackson; 10-16-2020 at 07:30 AM. Reason: add a couple of missing words
    charito, Michael_Js and stevekozak like this.
    George Soros is Satan's blood relative.

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    Depends on whether the power stays on, now, wouldn't it?
    That's the thing: power outage.

If it's natural disaster - the power can go anytime. But if its unrest - I suppose we'll have a few days before it goes (if it does).

In case of power outage, try not to open your fridge door as often. The same rule applies that we should eat what would spoil first.
    I assume cured stuffs like bacon and ham can last longer. If it's winter - and if temperature outside is lower - then shift everything
    we can to that lower temp.
    Michael_Js likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by LUVDABACON View Post
    Just really curious because I have about 6 packs of bacon in the freezer right now. I got them on sale but their expiry date is December 2020.
    How long can they keep without tasting rancid?

Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    That is a REALLY early Thanksgiving. I am curious.
    Canada. We had ours last Monday.
    stevekozak and Piratesailor like this.

Quote Originally Posted by charito View Post
    That's the thing: power outage.

If it's natural disaster - the power can go anytime. But if its unrest - I suppose we'll have a few days before it goes (if it does).

In case of power outage, try not to open your fridge door as often. The same rule applies that we should eat what would spoil first.
    I assume cured stuffs like bacon and ham can last longer. If it's winter - and if temperature outside is lower - then shift everything
    we can to that lower temp.
    that's another joy of living in ND.... outdoor freezer and garage fridge 6-8 months out of the year.. hasn't gotten over 50 outside in 4 days... got down to 23 last night. supposed to get couple of inches of snow fri-sat.... could likely put stuff outside in coolers and will keep til april here.

wait til you southerners try to do summer in GA or AZ without A/C..
    Inor, Michael_Js and charito like this.
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by ND_ponyexpress_ View Post
    that's another joy of living in ND.... outdoor freezer and garage fridge 6-8 months out of the year.. hasn't gotten over 50 outside in 4 days... got down to 23 last night. supposed to get couple of inches of snow fri-sat.... could likely put stuff outside in coolers and will keep til april here.

wait til you southerners try to do summer in GA or AZ without A/C..
    If we do run the A/C, it is only for 2-3 hours in the afternoon and even that is only for 2-3 weeks per year. I can live without A/C in the AZ desert just fine. But then, 95 degrees here feels a whole lot different than 95 did back in Minnesota.

In terms of what is in our freezer... There is 1/2 a steer and a bunch of pork and who knows what else in the freezers. I have no idea what is in the refrigerator as I am not allowed in Mrs Inor's kitchen anymore since the last time I attempted homemade bread without Mrs Inor's help. (The aftermath of that was a bad couple of days in the Inor household.)

In terms of keeping things frozen in a no-power situation, we have the largest ammonium nitrate plant in the SW United States about 20 miles from where we live. If it gets bad I can easily get a couple hundred pounds of ammonium nitrate and make all the ice we would ever need.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links