How prepared are you??? no BS answers allowed
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on How prepared are you??? no BS answers allowed within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; No Bullshit or blowhard hot-air here. Don't reply if you're super OPSEC or a "Couch potato prepper" who just spends money but doesn't have real ...

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree433Likes

Thread: How prepared are you??? no BS answers allowed

No Bullshit or blowhard hot-air here. Don't reply if you're super OPSEC or a "Couch potato prepper" who just spends money but doesn't have real skills.

Super contagious pandemic type virus so leaving your property means probably bringing it home to your family. No last minute shopping. Very little outside threat so high security not very important (tons of guns and ammo won't help). Just you and your preps with no ability to resupply. While you may plan on others joining with the pandemic it's not safe to bring others in. Only who and what are currently are on your property. Not down the road...on your property today.

How will you adapt without the extra help you planned on? How long can the people currently on your property get by before dying? If you have direct access use public lands to (no land or roads between) add 4-6 weeks to your lifespan.

It starts today, late September. How long will your people on the property last with no outside support with your current gardening tools and supplies? Got meds? NO bullshit or dreaming fantasy.

Just adding a bit of reality to this "Prepper Website".
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 09-25-2020 at 11:33 PM.
    Slippy, bigwheel and Ragnarök like this.

I am as prepared as I can be with what I know and have. No dreams, no bull shit, no fantasy.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Anyone who confidently states, "I'd be good for x months with no problems" is not living in the real world. Just like, "No battle plan survives first contact with the enemy", no preparations survive the first day of a real disaster. Yes, you can plan for x months of self-sufficiency, but when the excrement truly makes contact with the rotary air movement device, things change at a rapid pace. Maybe your MAG falls to pieces. Maybe your house is pushed off it's foundation. Maybe marauders actually do bust down your door and take all your stuff at gunpoint. Maybe.....
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Prepared? I didn't even have to touch my toilet paper stash last spring I have enough supplies and ammo to last a good while. I live in a quiet rural/suburban area with like minded neighbors (only two libbies in a 50 house neighborhood). But like Back Pack said, that could change rapidly.
    Slippy and AquaHull like this.

The Good Cop

i'm a loner.
    Just me, the wife and the animals. No outsiders welcomed.
    We are well prepared to last months, years, without resupply.

I have had training, and experience, to do very violent deeds in self defense. I do not want to, but I will not hesitate either.

No bullshit, just truth.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

3 months, give or take.
    After that, it all depends on what I've done in those 3 months.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

The Good Cop

My wife saw the writing on the wall several months ago.
    We have always been well prepared and provisioned, but that has increased. With intensity.

When the freezer went out and we lost a years worth of meat, about $1,000 worth, that really hurt.
    But, we are slowly filing up the brand new freezer, that is twice the size of the old one. The old one has been repurposed as dry storage for canned goods.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

I am ill prepared in materials...a fact I know and plan for because I have no plans for staying where I am or in sustaining where I will go.

I will be mobile for weeks after a SHTF situation I forecast. (plus 90 days). I am moving....I have water, food, a route..or routes...and a willingness to kill anything that stops me from getting there.
    I am not gonna have thousands of rounds in every caliber....I choose to have a few rounds that I send your way to make your shit my shit if we agree to disagree that I can pass.

I will pillage, plunder, murder, or dismember..what I need to get what I need...and you have the freedom to do the same.....good luck.

I think, hope I'm prepared but who knows? I've never experienced being self sufficient, but I have experience growing many things. I have hundreds of pounds of garden seed in storage and the manual tools needed. I keep extra fuel for the tractor but depending on the scenario it may not work. I keep some solar panels, solar generators & flex well pump in Faraday enclosures, so water should not be an issue. At worse case, I have the tools needed to pull the well pump & manually access the water. My long term stores are measured by the thousands of pounds, but I prep to help feed neighbors on our country lane. I have around 150 fruit trees plus lots of berries, muscadines & pecan trees. My pond is stocked with several thousand pounds of grain fed catfish and the woods are full of game.

A big part of survival during a crisis is being prepared, but being lucky will play a big part. Some will succeed... some will fail.

My household consists of me, my wife and four kids. We just finished a 30 day challenge just to see how prepared we were. No shopping, period, for 30 days. We didn’t even break a sweat. It helps that we have been at this for years now and like our ammo, the food stores are piled high and deep. I would say we could go for a year or more without too much difficulty.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links