How prepared are you??? no BS answers allowed - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How prepared are you??? no BS answers allowed

This is a discussion on How prepared are you??? no BS answers allowed within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Often I find myself in a panic because I feel I don't have enough food and will starve. Then I force myself to remember the ...

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree491Likes

Thread: How prepared are you??? no BS answers allowed

Often I find myself in a panic because I feel I don't have enough food and will starve. Then I force myself to remember the majority of the grain bins are filled with food... lots of it.. Peas, flax, canola, corn, sunflowers, soybeans, durum.. 20 of em each with roughly 8-20k bushel capacity. food will not be our (or any farmer around us) problem.. keeping it will be.
    Slippy and stevekozak like this.
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

Probably run out of booze in 3 weeks, but that's not a bad thing. Other than that I may have to pop up my head in early 2022.

Godspeed.
    Slippy and StratMaster like this.

For the first three months of the year we did not leave this place,

the thing we ran out of was Eggo's, made our own, that was our speed bump.

Nothing was taken out of long term storage, just ready supplies, (1-2 year general storage),

any market trips later that came up short for resupply, were covered by ready supplies, never ran out of anything.

I have plenty of food, guns, mags, belts, spare parts, lube and ammunition by anyone's yard stick.

After 40 years of prepping, there should be enough of everything on hand, food has been rotated.

I do keep up on inventory, Tuesday I bought 3 gallons of Wesson veggie oil to add to the pile,

it had been gone from the stores for about 3 months.

Another example, 12 foot rolls of different size lamp wick for the oil lamps, 50 gallons of kerosene for when the paraffin runs out.

Also 100 mantles for the Coleman lanterns, spare parts including a dozen glass globes,

100 gallons of Coleman/camp fuel to feed them.

All stores are divide up and in individual shelters for security including about 15K of ammunition and guns.

This is ammunition separate from the bunker stores.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 09-26-2020 at 10:14 AM. Reason: spelling, grammar

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

The Good Cop

Good reminder Socom.
    How many people have old fashioned oil lamps like our ancestors used?
    Down here we call them Hurricane Lamps.
    We have several, along with wicks, oil, and kerosene.

Although it doesn’t get super cold in Florida, we also have a kerosene space heater.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

I would give my storage a B-. I have plenty of food, water, ammo, guns, back up power, medical supplies, etc. My medical knowledge is probably a D or C-, although I have plenty of supplies i need to get more skilled at 1st aid. May be running out of time for that. Although I have plenty of ammo and guns with a good defensive plan I am sorely lacking in bodies. An army of one will not stand long against a determined foe of any number. Security is my number one concern when this goes south.

On the good side, I have plenty of meat tenderizer and spices. I understand liberals can be tasteless and tough.
    Last edited by Prepared One; 09-26-2020 at 10:56 AM.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Good reminder Socom.

Although it doesn’t get super cold in Florida, we also have a kerosene space heater.
    I have this covered as well.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by ND_ponyexpress_ View Post
    Often I find myself in a panic because I feel I don't have enough food and will starve. Then I force myself to remember the majority of the grain bins are filled with food... lots of it.. Peas, flax, canola, corn, sunflowers, soybeans, durum.. 20 of em each with roughly 8-20k bushel capacity. food will not be our (or any farmer around us) problem.. keeping it will be.
    I have a grain grinder.

A lot of oil seeds there.

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Good reminder Socom.

I also have Aladdin kerosene lamps, most made in the 30's, just four new ones, was collecting them as a hobby a few years back.

Here are two wall lamps in my bedroom, one is 10 years old, the other is 90 years old, still work well, others are in kitchen and living room.

The white ribbed shade one is 90 and the font radioactive, test my Geiger counter with it.

Attachment 108507

Attachment 108509

How prepared are you???   no BS answers allowed-img_0075.jpg

The black box below to the left of the lamp is a digital signal processor hooked up to a HF receiver.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 09-26-2020 at 10:01 PM.

Sorry, but with all the scum coming out of the woodwork all over the country, I think I'll keep that info to myself.
    Big Boy in MO likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdock67 View Post
    Sorry, but with all the scum coming out of the woodwork all over the country, I think I'll keep that info to myself.
    Much like your intro, huh?
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links