How prepared are you??? no BS answers allowed - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How prepared are you??? no BS answers allowed

This is a discussion on How prepared are you??? no BS answers allowed within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Prepped and ready to run....

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree491Likes

Thread: How prepared are you??? no BS answers allowed

Prepped and ready to run.
    Slippy and SOCOM42 like this.

Super Moderator

I'm just a Couch potato prepper. I just like to talk about it.

It's all situational. I have supplies for several years. I could be overrun in the first 48 hours.
    "It Can't be fixed".
    Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

We've been preparing for years and realize that anything can happen at any time to throw a monkey wrench in our plans.

But overall I'd give ourselves a realistic C+ on our chances to survive 1 year. 6 months should be pretty doable but if we cannot resupply insulin for Mrs S's Type 1 Diabetes...

Land & Shelter A-
    Specifically chosen and designed for self sufficiency, security and location. Gardens in place, chickens doing well, plenty of firewood and means to get it, off beaten path, choke points for security. Passive solar house design to take advantage of seasons and stay cooler in warm months. We feel very good about our land and shelter/home situation

Food A+

We have worked hard for over 20 years to keep a well stored pantry of short, medium and long term food stores as well as replenishable food potential and have what we need for ourselves and at least 4 others (sons and daughter inlaws) to be well fed/nourished. Food is one of our best preps and the means to prepare food is well thought out and prepared.

Water C

One is none, 2 is 1 and 3 is better! We have 2 excellent sources and a 3rd in our back-up well but the back-up needs a pump and a cistern/resevoir. Working on that now but if SHTF we might be in a bad way with water.

Security (hard to gauge)

IF...and IFs can suck, but IF Son1 and Son2 make it, we should be good on basic security. IF not, its just me and Mrs S we hope that our location will help in security. Sure, we have the necessary "tools" (B+) but manpower is an issue. (D-) unless IF's happen!

Medicines C

If Mrs S's insulin goes out 2 becomes 1. The very nature of insulin and our regulatory healthcare system makes it hard to keep. D- But other than the means to replenish insulin, our first aid and medicinal preps are a solid B for at least 4-6 people.

Other things to make life easier A

We've done a great job preparing for creature comforts; TP, Toothpaste, Toothbrushes, Tools and Too many small items that make life easier. A boneyard of materials, and basically STUFF!

Energy D

Fuel will become an issue and our solar is limited to lights and a few small panels to replenish small items. When the LP gas, Gasoline and Diesel runs out, living will become hard.

Nothing here so I'll have to run out in the woods on someone else's property. Try to steal their resources and live off the land or muscle my way into some unsuspecting group. Being I haven't even tried to help myself before the SHTF. I'll be a great asset to everyone now. Why worry and waste money on something that "MIGHT" happen.
    That which doesn't kill me had better start running.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by inceptor View Post
    I'm just a Couch potato prepper. I just like to talk about it.
    Me too...

I'll be screwed after my Slim Jim stash runs out. I give it a week maybe 2
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

We are on the property have been for generations. Our people lived here before they had electricity here. They all made it. As for ability to defend our self . Everyone here has been trained well. We did not do our time in admin. While we do not farm for a living anymore we still are involved. We will do just fine. If anyone decides to try and take anything they will not have an easy time of it.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

I believe we are in good shape but I personally keep adding more. More food, more ammunition (has become a challenge the last few months), and other supplies. Fortunately several years ago we made the investment of buying a freeze dryer, which has helped our food supply tremendously. We also have two chest type freezers and can foods.
    Slippy and SOCOM42 like this.
    Suck it up buttercup.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosierboy View Post
    Prepared? I didn't even have to touch my toilet paper stash last spring I have enough supplies and ammo to last a good while. I live in a quiet rural/suburban area with like minded neighbors (only two libbies in a 50 house neighborhood). But like Back Pack said, that could change rapidly.
    I used 6 rolls out of my TP stash.
    Slippy likes this.
    Bucket-Back since 2004

My stores are well above average for a prepared person. After that, we won't know until someone decides to come and take it.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links