How prepared are you??? no BS answers allowed - Page 11
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How prepared are you??? no BS answers allowed

This is a discussion on How prepared are you??? no BS answers allowed within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by danben We saw something similar in Framingham Mass (People's Republic of). If that house, or the parts with the hidden rooms, date ...

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree433Likes

Thread: How prepared are you??? no BS answers allowed

Quote Originally Posted by danben View Post
    We saw something similar in Framingham Mass (People's Republic of). If that house, or the parts with the hidden rooms, date back to the 19th century, congratulations - you had a station stop on the Underground Railroad. We didn't buy the Framingham one because there were parts of the foundation that had separated from the outside walls, and the heat was open-flame gas (would have cost as much as the asking price of the house to fix the problems).
    It was built in the 1890's, too late for the underground railroad.

It was heated by steam heated radiators with a coal fired furnace, it had been converted to oil in the 50's.

I replaced the unit myself with a gas fired unit about 70% smaller in size.

Never did figure out why they were there, they were not covered over after construction either but part of the original construction.

The neat thing was that it still had the original gas light along with the early knob insulator wiring.

Some of the lights were a combination of gas and electric which is what is need around here in the winter.

I brought some of them here and set them up with propane tanks as lights for hallways, added upright mantles to them.
    Michael_Js likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    It was built in the 1890's, too late for the underground railroad.

It was heated by steam heated radiators with a coal fired furnace, it had been converted to oil in the 50's.

I replaced the unit myself with a gas fired unit about 70% smaller in size.

Never did figure out why they were there, they were not covered over after construction either but part of the original construction.

The neat thing was that it still had the original gas light along with the early knob insulator wiring.

Some of the lights were a combination of gas and electric which is what is need around here in the winter.

I brought some of them here and set them up with propane tanks as lights for hallways, added upright mantles to them.
    My wife comes from New Bedford, MA. Her family's house was a renovated whaling ship officer's house. There was no widow's walk, but it did have maids quarters in the attic, and did have (sealed) gas jets in several rooms including the attic and basement. No hidden rooms, however. If your house dated to the 1920s, I might have thought it was part of the whiskey railroad. The Underground Railroad went from the US to Canada - the whiskey railroad (I made the term up, but it describes things that happened) went from Canada to the US during Prohibition. Your house is too young for the underground and too old for the whiskey; well, maybe never too old for whiskey.
    Slippy, SOCOM42 and Michael_Js like this.

Quote Originally Posted by danben View Post
    My wife comes from New Bedford, MA. Her family's house was a renovated whaling ship officer's house. There was no widow's walk, but it did have maids quarters in the attic, and did have (sealed) gas jets in several rooms including the attic and basement. No hidden rooms, however. If your house dated to the 1920s, I might have thought it was part of the whiskey railroad. The Underground Railroad went from the US to Canada - the whiskey railroad (I made the term up, but it describes things that happened) went from Canada to the US during Prohibition. Your house is too young for the underground and too old for the whiskey; well, maybe never too old for whiskey.
    Generally we thought the same thing at first, but as said too young for one and too old for the other.

The owner did have servants who lived on the third floor, the call system was still there when we bought it.

The first owner and builder was a doctor who had his practice on the first floor along with the kitchen, butlers pantry and dining room.

The house was then inherited by his daughter who lived in it until going into a nursing home,

we visited her there a couple of times relative to the house's history.

After we found the rooms we went back to ask her about them, too late, she had already passed away, was in here late 80's.

Both rooms had gaslights installed but no electric,

our conclusion was that they did not want to finish an extra room for the servants on the third floor,

And that the room on the second floor behind the shoe rack was to hide valuables in,

room was in the closet of the master bedroom, had shelves and a gaslight.

Now during the prohibition, my grandparents and parents made moonshine for their nightclub, plenty of it,

still was in the basement and mash tanks in the attic, this was in my grandfathers house.

I think there was a capacity of 500 gallons of mash, tanks were drained through pipes that went through a pipe shaft into the basement.

The mash was then used for chicken food., My father had to deliver the shine to customers but not the club.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 10-04-2020 at 09:08 AM.
    1skrewsloose, inceptor and Inor like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Now that there is some funky bit of history!!!
    SOCOM42 likes this.
    I will not comply! Just leave me be! I do what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    I can honestly say that I have never taken the first swing. But i do believe in self defense.

Any questions?

Tell me that you would act any differently if anybody threatened your family.
    I already answered the remaining question here.

Let us hear your no bullshit question answer to your own no bullshit question, all you have done is to be confrontational here.

Let me put it to you this way, I am more prepared than you will ever be.

I have skills that you don't know exist, and plenty that you do.

I have survived more than barroom brawls, a lot deadlier, never been in barroom either.

Someday you will get your ass kicked by that 25 rear old redneck when you are over the hill, perhaps even get killed.
    inceptor likes this.

Speak softly but carry a big stick.
    Elvis and TenMileHunter like this.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    I already answered the remaining question here.

Let us hear your no bullshit question answer to your own no bullshit question, all you have done is to be confrontational here.

Let me put it to you this way, I am more prepared than you will ever be.

I have skills that you don't know exist, and plenty that you do.

I have survived more than barroom brawls, a lot deadlier, never been in barroom either.

Someday you will get your ass kicked by that 25 rear old redneck when you are over the hill, perhaps even get killed.
    Yea,Yea, Yea... We've all got different skills...

We all know that you have more stored guns, ammo, and food rotting away than most of us will ever be able to afford. Bunkers with machine gun emplacements with cleared fields of fire to mow down hoards of attackers. Radios and other gear to call in airstrikes.... But really, is killing tons of people the goal?

I'm glad that all makes you happy. But I prefer a more balanced level of prepping. Prep a little but still get out of the bunker and enjoy life.

Peace be with you.

I see you commenting on others and sniping at Socom42 yet you gave no real answer. This is part of the reason I don’t answer much to bs posts like this. You call for no bs yet talk bs yourself.
    SOCOM42 likes this.

my group has moved out of los angeles ca area- out of state really- Im left with 2 people our specialties are fire arms and have the prepps. i have an overview on what i need to do and i grew up on a farm. I havent gotten shit on my penny loafers in 30 yrs. this should be interesting. I have prepped and trained dilligently. but as time goes by and life goes by it escapes me. I dont know how this will work out. I have incredible firepower and inventory to make sure im comfortable (and my group in case i need to snag a few that didnt prep just to make it..)
    I dont wanna live forever. my goal is to not be somebody's bitch. You my bitch. You may call me Yummy. hahaha
    Inor, Michael_Js, Slippy and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shotlady View Post
    my group has moved out of los angeles ca area- out of state really- Im left with 2 people our specialties are fire arms and have the prepps. i have an overview on what i need to do and i grew up on a farm. I havent gotten shit on my penny loafers in 30 yrs. this should be interesting. I have prepped and trained dilligently. but as time goes by and life goes by it escapes me. I dont know how this will work out. I have incredible firepower and inventory to make sure im comfortable (and my group in case i need to snag a few that didnt prep just to make it..)
    I dont wanna live forever. my goal is to not be somebody's bitch. You my bitch. You may call me Yummy. hahaha
    Hey Shotlady!

How are you girly girl? It sounds like you finally escaped the chaos of L.A. for a calmer life? And don't worry about getting cow and horse shit on your loafers. It is good for the leather.

Give me a shout; it is GREAT seeing you again!

-I-
    Michael_Js likes this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links