Why is USPS SO xwxzed up?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Why is USPS SO xwxzed up? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; 1) I mail next town, it goes 100 miles away, to get 5 miles, next town 2) Broken promises. Two days ago, delivery today. Today, ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Why is USPS SO xwxzed up?

1) I mail next town, it goes 100 miles away, to get 5 miles, next town

2) Broken promises. Two days ago, delivery today. Today, no clue. Computer parts, rain tommorow.

Add on.......my Dad was a Postmaster, he saw this $#!t coming.......

3) online voting, I don't trust them with bills anymore..........

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    1)

3) online voting, I don't trust them with bills anymore..........
    I've been paying several bills from my credit union bill pay for years. Set up to automatically generate and mail the check.

Within the last 2 months suddenly it is a week or 2 before the checks are received or not at all.

Trust them with ballots...I don't think so!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The Good Cop

Mail going from our town to one of the other two towns in the county has to go by truck to the Jacksonville bulk mail facility, where it is put on another truck and sent back.

The Jax bulk facility is HUGE, handles mail from all over NE Florida and SE Georgia.
    There must be 100 dock doors for semi trailers to back up to.

The biggest money loser for the USPS are the Cadillac retirement plans for the union.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

A union who allowed employees to make a lot of money with a lot of benefits, who can do almost anything they like, complete with bad attitude and not worry about being terminated or reprimanded for it.

Any other questions?
    "Orwell's Animal Farm, and 1984 were supposed to be warnings, not instruction manuals."

“A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself within”

― Will Durant

Quote Originally Posted by Robie View Post
    A union who allowed employees to make a lot of money with a lot of benefits, who can do almost anything they like, complete with bad attitude and not worry about being terminated or reprimanded for it.

Any other questions?
    You forgot to mention the tax money they rake in just to stay afloat.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

*sets down beer*... let me tell you about the postal service...

As far as ND is concerned, several years ago (about 2014-16) the postal service was hemorrhaging money and tried to close offices that were losing money. People began to whine, Dem senator Heitkamp took up the cause to save rural post offices. They placed a moratorium on closures (preventing the USPS from saving money). So then the USPS decided to whittle down their sorting plants. They closed the northern one in Minot and rerouted all North and Western mail to Bismarck. 1.5hr south of minot. making mail from NW corner travel 4hrs to get sorted to come back.

Now normally consolidating would make things more efficient, but not when unions get involved (they don't get paid more to work harder). The plants can't keep up on heavy volume days so they just set the mail to the side to sort another day (usually holidays and weekends when it is not the regular stiffs). Try to track packages, they will get scanned 3-5 days in a row in the same processing plant.

This... including numerous stupid policies cause them to lose money. Hell Fed-Ex and UPS make money by having the USPS deliver their packages the last mile. It used to be a prestigious career working for the USPS.. But now they save money by contracting out much of their routes, causing less money being put into retirement, and aging employees retiring and drawing pension longer, with not payees replacing them.

The Postal Service will fail... and when it does I am out of a job (maybe).. but that will be the least of my problems... no bills/pills/checks delivered to anyone... anyone picking up the USPS ashes to restart it will have to revamp the whole system.
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by Back Pack Hack View Post
    You forgot to mention the tax money they rake in just to stay afloat.
    Postal Services doesn't get tax money..... gov't regulated... not Gov't funded... stamps and postage are the only income..
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by ND_ponyexpress_ View Post
    Postal Services doesn't get tax money..... gov't regulated... not Gov't funded... stamps and postage are the only income..
    If you want to argue semantics, feel free to do so. The USPS still gets money from the gubbamint in the form of subsidies. $250mill in FY 2020. That's still tax money We The People had to pay.

https://www.uspsoig.gov/sites/defaul...tification.pdf

Page 5.
    Slippy and 65mustang like this.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

I can tell you this... To anyone wanting to listen.
    The last two organizations I would trust with my vote for President of the United States are the democrats and the United States Post Office.
    "Orwell's Animal Farm, and 1984 were supposed to be warnings, not instruction manuals."

“A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself within”

― Will Durant

I also love their 'tracking".
    When you check on where your package is, what you get is. "It left the post office where you mailed it from and... it has arrived at its destination.
    Nothing in between... Ever.
    Slippy and 65mustang like this.

― Will Durant

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links