Why is USPS SO xwxzed up? - Page 5
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Why is USPS SO xwxzed up?

This is a discussion on Why is USPS SO xwxzed up? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by ND_ponyexpress_ There are many way they could streamline their services and possibly become profitable, but they would have to trim their union ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Why is USPS SO xwxzed up?

Quote Originally Posted by ND_ponyexpress_ View Post
    There are many way they could streamline their services and possibly become profitable, but they would have to trim their union fat... and pretty sure the union would sabotage the sh*t out of it to make sure it falls for good. There is an actual need for their service just, not at the rate of a $0.55 stamp to your front door.
    Back in 2004-05 timeframe, I had a programming contract with the USPS at their big office in Eagan, MN. (That is where they do payroll for the entire USPS.). I lasted almost one full day. They contracted me at a crazy exorbitant hourly rate at the time to fix some software problems they had. Before the first morning break (yes, they had scheduled times when we could break), I already had a union grievance filed against me. It seems their union contract did not allow outside consultants to actually touch a computer keyboard! They had one of their internal "programmers" sit with me and I was supposed to tell her *exactly* what to type.

In other words, I was hired to program a computer without actually being allowed to touch a computer! An hour or so after lunch (also scheduled), I was gone like a shot!
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post
    Back in 2004-05 timeframe, I had a programming contract with the USPS at their big office in Eagan, MN. (That is where they do payroll for the entire USPS.). I lasted almost one full day. They contracted me at a crazy exorbitant hourly rate at the time to fix some software problems they had. Before the first morning break (yes, they had scheduled times when we could break), I already had a union grievance filed against me. It seems their union contract did not allow outside consultants to actually touch a computer keyboard! They had one of their internal "programmers" sit with me and I was supposed to tell her *exactly* what to type.

In other words, I was hired to program a computer without actually being allowed to touch a computer! An hour or so after lunch (also scheduled), I was gone like a shot!
    that is the postal service way!!!

I once bid on a 2nd delivery contract. they received 2 other bids. and came back and asked us to lower our bids. none of us did.. so they then eliminated the contract and brought a union employee from 6 hours away paid them mileage and put them up in a hotel in town to work the route.. with expenses and such, the union employee was getting paid at a rate of 45k more than the contract bids....
    Inor likes this.
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by Robie View Post
    I can tell you this... To anyone wanting to listen.
    The last two organizations I would trust with my vote for President of the United States are the democrats and the United States Post Office.
    Who was it that said it's not about the votes, it's about the people that count them?
    Robie likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I think it's safe to say that letting the USPS handle our votes is akin to letting the devil go out on a date with your daughter. It ain't going to end well.
    Pobilly Duke, inceptor and Inor like this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    I think it's safe to say that letting the USPS handle our votes is akin to letting the devil go out on a date with your daughter. It ain't going to end well.
    Just the fact that the postal union has come out in support of Joe Biden...

I don't think it's right that any union connected with the federal government should be making statement showing support for any candidate.

Couple that with.....I'd be willing to bet $100 that 75% of letter carriers could tell you what homes lean left and what homes lean right. Do I trust all letter carriers to make sure mail that may go against their personal ideology gets delivered properly?

No, I do not.
    "Orwell's Animal Farm, and 1984 were supposed to be warnings, not instruction manuals."

“A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself within”

― Will Durant

I don't think it's right that any union connected with the federal government should be making statement showing support for any candidate.

Couple that with.....I'd be willing to bet $100 that 75% of letter carriers could tell you what homes lean left and what homes lean right. Do I trust all letter carriers to make sure mail that may go against their personal ideology gets delivered properly?

No, I do not.
    My neighbor has had to deliver packages to me that went to him on more then a few occasions. Once he brought me a package with holster I had ordered to my door. When he handed me the package he said I didn't know you had guns. Don't think for a second the mail carriers don't know which way you lean politically.
    Last edited by Prepared One; 09-13-2020 at 09:27 AM.

No, I do not.
    75% is low....... closer to 95%...
    Robie and inceptor like this.
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

I see the NRA membership letters and magazines.... Also see which party sends whom donation letters... all year.... who flies flags and hangs crosses in their house.... we see it all! junk mail tells the story.
    inceptor likes this.
    -IN OMNIA PARATUS

Like most places these days promotions are more based on what you are than how competant you are. We have about reached the point where at every level you have people that have been promoted well past their level of incompetance.
    SGG likes this.

Wife retired from USPS. It has always been a problem with the Union. They send out the marching orders to carriers and they fall in line. Right now office my wife retired from has no carriers showing up for work. They have a list of excuses for not showing up. When they wear one out they drop another.
    StratMaster and Michael_Js like this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links