Need a little help from my friends - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Need a little help from my friends

This is a discussion on Need a little help from my friends within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; My prayers go out to your family, as well. Keep us informed on their progress. I have several grand-nieces....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Need a little help from my friends

My prayers go out to your family, as well. Keep us informed on their progress. I have several grand-nieces.
    Slippy likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    Good morning, folks, . . . Hope y'all have a great day, . . .

As for me . . . diabetic foot pain has me up . . . but y'know . . . a bowl of buttermilk and corn bread will not stop the pain . . . but it makes it easier to live with at 3:44 in the morning.

Anyone out there also struggling with "peripheral neuropathy". I'd be interested in learning what you do . . . I am seriously tired of being up 2 and 3 times each night trying to cope with the pain, etc.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Sorry to hear you're experiencing such pain and discomfort. I do hope you find a solution. Diabetes is a direct result of a very high carbohydrate diet (sugars, breads, pastas, sweet fruits, etc.). The best way to destroy a disease is to remove the environment in which it thrives. Take away the cause and the effect leaves the scene as well. I started a thread on the Keto diet a couple of days ago. I suggest you read up on it or at least listen to the following YouTubers:

Dr. Berg -

Dr. Boz -

Dr. Berry -

Primal Edge Health -

There are a bunch more videos I could post but this is a good start.

Best wishes!!!
    Slippy likes this.
    "The Duty Of A True Patriot Is To Protect His Country From Its Government"
    ~Thomas Paine~

The Good Cop

Type II diabetes is also a direct result of Agent Orange poisoning of in-country Vietnam vets, recognized as such by the VA. One of 14 recognized by the VA.

My A1C runs about 6.1 which is pre-diabetes according to my doc, but the VA won't provide service connected disability until it reaches 7.0.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    Type II diabetes is also a direct result of Agent Orange poisoning of in-country Vietnam vets, recognized as such by the VA. One of 14 recognized by the VA.

My A1C runs about 6.1 which is pre-diabetes according to my doc, but the VA won't provide service connected disability until it reaches 7.0.
    Wow. I love their thought process. We won't help folks until they're too sick to help. Awesome philosophy! They'd save you a lot of heartache and pain and save themselves a ton of money if they solved a problem before it became a bigger problem. "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."
    dwight55 likes this.
    ~Thomas Paine~

First off Pastor Dwight, prayer sent over to my Friend Jesus. Cannot help you with the foot pain even though Mrs S is a Type 1 Diabetic she never has had any diabetic foot pain.

And secondly, I sort of joke and I certainly don't recommend this to anyone but a nip or several of Kentucky Bourbon Whisky seems to help my Osteoarthritis...at least it did Friday and Saturday night! UH-OH Looks like I'm running low on "my arthritis medicine"!

Need a little help from my friends-img_2241-002-.jpg

Watching the chickens usually helps a bit too.

Need a little help from my friends-img_2234-002-.jpg

Super Moderator

Sorry about the pain you are feeling, Dwight. Wifey knows all about it as she has it due to her Type II. The pain meds helped a little in the effects are temporary. Even Lyrica, which made her feel bad.

Work Wifey whipped her up some sort of essential oil concoction to be applied topically but it did nothing at all.

This stuff seems to be helping....
    https://www.rejuvica.com/products/ne...xoCI_sQAvD_BwE

She seems to be walking much easier and doesn't complain about the pain nearly as much.
    @ActionJackson , I was the poster boy for Type II candidates. For years (decades), I was a carb sponge. When I was a sentry dog handler, breakfast (dinner for me as I came out of the woods after sun-up) was a few German beers and a dozen donuts. My fiancee's parents would send me care packages comprised of cases of honeybuns. Years ago, the father of a girl scout wanted to put me in for an award for buying more cookies than anyone. Guess who doesn't have diabetes.

Wifey was the average American when it comes to carbs, maybe even less. On top of that, we went Paleo a couple-three years ago. After the first month of no carbs, we added very little back into our diet and those were mostly rice. About a year or so ago, she was diagnosed with Type II. A healthy-eating woman in her 40's who is as then as a rail, comes down with diabetes and this former carb-hound doesn't have it. Go figure.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

The Good Cop

It is also possible to have peripheral neuropathy without any hint of diabetes.

Bottom line - it sucks. At this very moment, my feet are calm. BUT, if I walk outside barefoot on the grass, they very well could go from calm to feeling like each blade of grass was an electric wire.

Hard to explain to people that your legs and feet can be numb and feel full of novocaine, and hurt like hell at the exact same time.

But, as a veteran, I can easily put things into perspective - I've got it made. I'm the lucky one.
    I just lost a good buddy three days ago to AO cancer. Another very good buddy who I served with has had his chemo ended and he's terminal. I have frinds missing limbs, paraplegic friends, quadraplegic friends, blinded friends.
    No, I'm the lucky one.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Sorry about the pain you are feeling, Dwight. Wifey knows all about it as she has it due to her Type II. The pain meds helped a little in the effects are temporary. Even Lyrica, which made her feel bad.

Work Wifey whipped her up some sort of essential oil concoction to be applied topically but it did nothing at all.

This stuff seems to be helping....
    https://www.rejuvica.com/products/ne...xoCI_sQAvD_BwE

She seems to be walking much easier and doesn't complain about the pain nearly as much.
    @ActionJackson , I was the poster boy for Type II candidates. For years (decades), I was a carb sponge. When I was a sentry dog handler, breakfast (dinner for me as I came out of the woods after sun-up) was a few German beers and a dozen donuts. My fiancee's parents would send me care packages comprised of cases of honeybuns. Years ago, the father of a girl scout wanted to put me in for an award for buying more cookies than anyone. Guess who doesn't have diabetes.

Wifey was the average American when it comes to carbs, maybe even less. On top of that, we went Paleo a couple-three years ago. After the first month of no carbs, we added very little back into our diet and those were mostly rice. About a year or so ago, she was diagnosed with Type II. A healthy-eating woman in her 40's who is as then as a rail, comes down with diabetes and this former carb-hound doesn't have it. Go figure.
    Not everyone who eats lots of carbs will get diabetes. They may end up with one of many other maladies. But the key thing to remember about diabetes is that it's a result of an over-production of insulin. Insulin is created by the pancreas as a result of an over abundance of blood glucose (blood sugars). The up and down and up and down spikes that the average American subjects his/her body to is responsible for many illnesses (diabetes being one). Since Americans have become addicted to fast foods, pies, donuts, sugary coffee, soft drinks, Hostess, etc., etc. ... diabetes, heart disease, gout, arthritis, cancers, etc. have spiked.

However, not everyone will wish to eliminate the environment that disease thrives in so Keto certainly isn't for everyone. It's generally for them who's back is up against the wall. I plant the seed when and where I can. Whether anyone waters it is up to them.

My sister was recently diagnosed with cancer. She had to make a choice: change her diet and eliminate cancer's playground -- or -- take radiation and chemotherapy and get sicker. She chose the latter -- unfortunately.
    Last edited by ActionJackson; 09-07-2020 at 01:42 PM.
    Denton likes this.
    ~Thomas Paine~

The Good Cop

I'm 72, I don't drink, use drugs, or smoke.
    But, damnit, leave my Hershey Bars alone.

I earned them!!

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post

Oh boy. Speaking of a "carb hound." I'm sure I could have eaten you under the table (no innuendo intended). I was raised on Twinkies, cupcakes, Aunt Jemima syrup on my pancakes and waffles, pizza, milkshakes, etc., etc. I ate that way from an infant until I was 58 (two years ago). I had a pot belly as a kid. When I got into my later teens, I started working out and got slim and muscular. Then in my mid-twenties, I went from about 165 to about 200. I then started hitting the gym and quit pastries. I got back into shape and stayed that way until I was about 40. By then, I was very muscular with 6-pack abs, and a good cardio system. But my joints started to suffer. By 45 I was regaining that old pot-belly. I started eating my donuts and pies and pastas and soft drinks and, and, and. By 58 I was 230 and couldn't see my toes. I had arthritis, gout, major back and neck pains, facial acne, and I was prone to getting Staph infections. I had lost all of my energy and even my will to live on some days.

Speaking for myself, that all changed when I started eating right. I don't even workout and yet I'm strong, energetic, and have no more joint pains (except for a wrist issue which isn't related to diet).
    Slippy and Denton like this.
    ~Thomas Paine~

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links