Is this in your home? - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Is this in your home?

This is a discussion on Is this in your home? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by modfan I have them everywhere. 5 in the house, 1 in the shop, and 3 in the cars. I really couldn't care ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Is this in your home?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by modfan View Post
    I have them everywhere. 5 in the house, 1 in the shop, and 3 in the cars. I really couldn't care less what they hear and they are handy. It's no different then having a computer, cell phone, automobile after 2005, or any number of other things
    Just make sure you put a vase or a birthday card or something in front or the one in the bedroom. You never know what all Alexa could be looking at.
    Michael_Js and modfan like this.

I would never have that at home, I doubt it's security. I'd rather buy a Klarus xt12gt flashlight than waste my money on that.
    [email protected] likes this.

New York Finger Lakes. Where real New Yorkers live.
    I’m still undecided about the benefits versus the lack of privacy. Right now, privacy wins out. I’m hoping that technology soon will allow me to retain my privacy and still have the benefits of the technology..

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 46rkl View Post
    I’m still undecided about the benefits versus the lack of privacy. Right now, privacy wins out. I’m hoping that technology soon will allow me to retain my privacy and still have the benefits of the technology..
    I wouldn't hold my breath. Technology is not for Your convenience. It's for their control...

Peace,
    Michael J.

Let's see now, do I pick the talking box or my Sister-Inlaw?

Wait once. Does the talking box speak biker slang? Just asking...
    ActionJackson likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Out of this particular post I'm getting a big laugh.

Thing is though, the overall topic isn't funny, it is infuriating.

The international collectivists are raping the souls of our children and grandchildren. The purpose of this unholy legion is to erase the belief in God, to eradicate individual Liberty, and replace national and local governments with a world-wide central collective.

We are at war.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 09-16-2020 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    Came up on another thread, don't want to hi-jack it; Siri/Alexa.

Who in their right mind would have this BS, especially around children?

Besides that, they spy on you.

A great Crowder show from 2017 will explain what I'm getting at:

As much as possible, I avoid all things "big tech." True ... I'm forced to use certain devises as a matter of necessity (like all of us) but if I can avoid Google, Microsoft, Twitter, Facebook, and other anti-American companies I will. I use the Brave Browser and the DuckDuckGo search engine. I use ad-blockers and block as much of Google's prying eyes as is humanly possible.
    "The Duty Of A True Patriot Is To Protect His Country From Its Government"
    ~Thomas Paine~

Quote Originally Posted by 46rkl View Post
    I look at it this way. Mankind has been wiping his own *** since the dawn of time. The ancient Israelites, the Greeks, the Romans, the Vikings, the Pilgrims, the Pioneers, the early Mountain Men, etc. all survived just fine without modern technology and devises that modern men use to become lazier than they already are. I don't need Alexis to turn on my lights or lock my doors for me. I can get off of my rear and do it myself. Just say NO to intrusions by Big Tech.
    [email protected] likes this.
    "The Duty Of A True Patriot Is To Protect His Country From Its Government"
    ~Thomas Paine~

Modern technology? I avoid it whenever I can. I carry a jackknife everywhere and only have five dollars (in singles) when I leave the house. I have a jet black 1997 F-150 that looks like it came out of Detroit last week. If it's not made of denim I won't wear it.

Here's my point. Why do so called 'modern people' drop everything to buy the latest car or the weirdest pants? What does it provide, a secondary glance by the next guy in the same outfit?

I did buy a little portable radio that uses two teeny little batteries. I have the dial set to radio news and talk. Funny, but over the last year I found out news-and-views items before my wife did--drives her nuts. I hear we have a new vice-president. When did President Reagan hire him?
    ActionJackson likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links