Huge explosion in Beruit port.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Huge explosion in Beruit port. within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Info just coming out on this. I put this link in, not favorite news source, but has a live feed : "A huge explosion has ...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Huge explosion in Beruit port.

Info just coming out on this.

Huge explosion in Beruit port.-1-beruit.png

I put this link in, not favorite news source, but has a live feed:

"A huge explosion has ripped through Lebanon's capital, Beirut, damaging buildings and shattering windows.

The powerful blast on Tuesday shook several parts of Beirut, sending huge plumes of smoke into the sky. Initial reports suggested the explosion took place in Beirut's port area containing warehouses.

The cause of the blast remained unknown.

The blast wave from the explosion caused extensive damage to buildings within a large radius of the blast site."

https://www.aljazeera.com/

Another link:

"Al-Mayadeen reported Tuesday afternoon that a big explosion took place in Beirut, and was heard throughout the capital and the surrounding areas. Large clouds of smoke rose to the sky. The explosion took place at the Beirut harbor, and according to preliminary information, it was not a terrorist act.

An Al-Mayadeen pointed out that the explosion occurred in warehouse No. 12 in the harbor, adding that benzene was stored there.
    Advertisement

Hundreds of people were reported injured, including some severely at the site of the explosion, and ambulances are transporting the injured to the surrounding hospitals. There’s a state of panic among Lebanese citizens, especially after the interruption of all communications due to the force of the explosion."

https://www.jewishpress.com/news/mid...ns/2020/08/04/
    Annie likes this.

The above picture appears to be of a grain unloading facility. Those cream colored tubes are grain silos. Grain dust is EXTREMELY dangerous and can cause explosions. That may be the cause of this disaster.

I'm wondering if they have any fireworks in the area. The secondary explosion had a bunch of bright pops down in the fire.

Any ordinance guys in here that might have an idea from the shockwave?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Since I have become so cynical of "the news"...because in a lot of instances, we never are told the truth....

My response to this is....

If there was something nefarious going on there....good.

If nothing nefarious was going on there...I'm sorry about the explosion.

How's that for becoming increasingly apathetic?
    "Orwell's Animal Farm, and 1984 were supposed to be warnings, not instruction manuals."

“A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself within”

― Will Durant

I know a little about explosives, that was not a benzene explosion.

There were at least two detonation, first was a lower velocity, second was most likely HE but it looked like it was shipboard.

a blast that size of HE could have shattered those grain elevators in the foreground, they may well have to come down.

You can see the dust coming off the silos in the blast but not breaking apart..
    Chiefster23 likes this.

Super Moderator

https://www.foxnews.com/world/explos...capital-beirut

Scroll down for the video of the explosion. Incredible.
    Robie likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

More conjecture probably...

BUT...my gut feeling with all the "mishaps" happening in Iran and so on, this may very well have been intentional.

UPDATE: Al-Hadeth News Says MASSIVE Beirut Explosion Was Warehouse for Iranian Missiles to Hezbollah — INSANE VIDEO!
    https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...les-hezbollah/
    "Orwell's Animal Farm, and 1984 were supposed to be warnings, not instruction manuals."

“A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself within”

― Will Durant

From that short video clip, looks like the entire grain elevator went up. The grain may not have been the start of the explosion, but it sure looks like it took the silos down after things got started.

Fox news website has a video from a different angle posted. The grain elevator was not the source of the explosion. Reports say fireworks were stored in the area.
    Denton likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    I know a little about explosives, that was not a benzene explosion.

There were at least two detonation, first was a lower velocity, second was most likely HE but it looked like it was shipboard.

a blast that size of HE could have shattered those grain elevators in the foreground, they may well have to come down.

You can see the dust coming off the silos in the blast but not breaking apart..
    After looking at newer video, the silos did not come down but were severly damaged, they acted as a blast diverter.

That was clearly a terror operation, there were multiple small explosion seen from the side view of the elevators,

Those may have been the benzene containers going off.
    Chiefster23 and Smitty901 like this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links