Supply Chain Broken
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Supply Chain Broken

This is a discussion on Supply Chain Broken within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Yesterday I went to Office Depot to purchase color ink for my HP printer. I keep several black inks on inventory but until now I ...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree197Likes

Thread: Supply Chain Broken

Supply Chain Broken

Yesterday I went to Office Depot to purchase color ink for my HP printer.

I keep several black inks on inventory but until now I have never inventoried the color ink.
    Without a color ink cartridge in the machine it is virtually impossible to print a readable page.

I was shocked to see they had no ink (any color for any printer) in stock. The clerk said they cannot resupply.

I struck out at Walmart and Target. I came home and ordered several from Amazon. I was expecting them to be on back order as well but thought they would automatically ship upon restocking and saving me the hour drive to town constantly to check there. This morning I received notice that Amazon shipped and will deliver Friday.

Erin Scott was right, the supply chain is broken. Just imagine all the businesses that cannot print paper, which is the lifeblood of commerce!

My son works at an auto parts distributor and says they are out of more and more items that cannot be resupplied.

Brace yourself for impact.
    Our Survival Group Website: Hidden Content

Isn't it wonderful our business leaders have sold their souls to China? Nothing made in USA anymore.

Think about that if we had to fight a war. Turkey, yes Turkey, is making parts for the F35 fighter jet. How smart is that? Not only the parts but the technology too.

I have not went in a Target store since their bathroom gender confusion. Walmart is to be avoided too.

Supply Chain Broken-where-do-i-pee-.png
    SOCOM42, Denton, Annie and 4 others like this.

Go into the local farm supply store and it's ALL made in china. It sucks but sometimes you just have to buy what's needed.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

This whole scenario is priceless. Virtually all our antibiotics and many drugs are made in China. Since this virus hit, there has been a lot of hot air blown around on this subject. But I don’t see where anything has been done to correct this situation. Yes we have tried to source drugs from other countries. But I don’t see where anyone has started building domestic priduction facilities. So now the chinese are behaving badly and Trump is antagonizing the shit out of them. So just how is this supposed to work out? Sooner or later someone is going to shoot someone else in the south china sea and then all hell is gonna break loose. And we all are gonna still be sitting here with our thumbs up our backsides because we are still so dependent on our biggest enemy. Our leaders are clueless and the voters that keep electing them are dumber that a box of rocks.

Last edited by Chiefster23; 07-07-2020 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Duplicate post

Quote Originally Posted by jimcosta View Post
    Yesterday I went to Office Depot to purchase color ink for my HP printer.

I keep several black inks on inventory but until now I have never inventoried the color ink.
    Without a color ink cartridge in the machine it is virtually impossible to print a readable page.

I was shocked to see they had no ink (any color for any printer) in stock. The clerk said they cannot resupply.

I struck out at Walmart and Target. I came home and ordered several from Amazon. I was expecting them to be on back order as well but thought they would automatically ship upon restocking and saving me the hour drive to town constantly to check there. This morning I received notice that Amazon shipped and will deliver Friday.

Erin Scott was right, the supply chain is broken. Just imagine all the businesses that cannot print paper, which is the lifeblood of commerce!

My son works at an auto parts distributor and says they are out of more and more items that cannot be resupplied.

Brace yourself for impact.
    First off, no cartridges in my printers, they have inkwells, Epson ET-4750 series,

would have used 6 cartridges so far, less than a 1/4 of the ink has been used that came with them.

Now, supply chain wise, I think we are going to see a major drop or cutoff in supplies from chinkoland soon.

The assholes that sent everything there to be made need to be taken out and shot in public, they are traitors.

chinkoland has threatened such on us already, F'K them!.

Meds need to be brought back here ASAP, then anything else strategic to our national security.
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 07-07-2020 at 09:16 AM.

As in Ford switching production from cars to ventilators could meds be made in the USA in a similar fashion?
    Michael_Js and SOCOM42 like this.
    I will not comply! Just leave me be!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    This whole scenario is priceless. Virtually all our antibiotics and many drugs are made in China. Since this virus hit, there has been a lot of hot air blown around on this subject. But I don’t see where anything has been done to correct this situation. Yes we have tried to source drugs from other countries. But I don’t see where anyone has started building domestic priduction facilities. So now the chinese are behaving badly and Trump is antagonizing the shit out of them. So just how is this supposed to work out? Sooner or later someone is going to shoot someone else in the south china sea and then all hell is gonna break loose. And we all are gonna still be sitting here with our thumbs up our backsides because we are still so dependent on our biggest enemy. Our leaders are clueless and the voters that keep electing them are dumber that a box of rocks.
    Going on 4 months now and markets can't supply toilet paper or dish detergent yet. WTF? Medicine, machine parts, most anything has been outsourced. Why is this not and issue on the upcomong election?

This country is broken and you can blame greedy business leaders and greedy politicians

This is a complex problem. There are some stark realities though.

I'd love to buy exclusively "Made in the U.S.A"

First, those products are hard to find.

Second, they are expensive.

Take a simple scenario...

You are an average American John Q...married with a couple of kids, etc, etc...

You have invented a little plastic product that you are absolutely certain will sell like hotcakes.

You do your homework and find that you can get these manufactured in China and shipped to your doorstep for a price of $1.00 each.

You check with American manufacturers and find it will end up costing you $8.00 each.

God, you were hoping to sell these little gadgets for $7.99 each and you don't think anyone is willing to pay much more.

What do you do?
    Michael_Js, inceptor and 0rocky like this.
    "Orwell's Animal Farm, and 1984 were supposed to be warnings, not instruction manuals."

“A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself within”

― Will Durant

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Go into the local farm supply store and it's ALL made in china. It sucks but sometimes you just have to buy what's needed.
    And the parts are real POS!!!

I'll find used OEM if possible rather than Chi-Com junk.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links