Supply Chain Broken - Page 8
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Supply Chain Broken

This is a discussion on Supply Chain Broken within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I have a honda 2kw inverter and a USGI surplus 3kw diesel genny. I also have the 275 gallon furnace oil tank topped up. And ...

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 92
Like Tree197Likes

Thread: Supply Chain Broken

  1. #71
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    2,501
    I have a honda 2kw inverter and a USGI surplus 3kw diesel genny. I also have the 275 gallon furnace oil tank topped up. And just for good measure, 1000 watts of solar panels which easily run my 7 cu ft freezer. My batteries are getting tired and I need to upgrade. News batts are almost $1000 so I’ve been putting it off.

    If you haven’t bought the military genny yet, might I suggest you get the one with the newer yanmar diesel and the sound deadening panels. I bought an older model with the Onan diesel and no sound proofing. It works fine but I wish I had got the newer model.
    Mad Trapper, Slippy and Annie like this.

  2. #72
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Way North East
    Posts
    7,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    I have a honda 2kw inverter and a USGI surplus 3kw diesel genny. I also have the 275 gallon furnace oil tank topped up. And just for good measure, 1000 watts of solar panels which easily run my 7 cu ft freezer. My batteries are getting tired and I need to upgrade. News batts are almost $1000 so I’ve been putting it off.

    If you haven’t bought the military genny yet, might I suggest you get the one with the newer yanmar diesel and the sound deadening panels. I bought an older model with the Onan diesel and no sound proofing. It works fine but I wish I had got the newer model.
    Yes the genny with the Yanmar engine is the way to go, 12 hrs run time at load 4 gal fuel. I need to get a spyder controller .and batt bank, solar panels. I have a few panels but just to charge stuff with. 6V and 12V
    Chiefster23 and Slippy like this.

  3. #73
    Junior Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Check your 6
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    I have been looking for the last few months for a freezer. Not one to be found. This is starting to get real. Lock, load, and wait.
    I ordered another freezer for back up around 1 MAY... still not in yet. Luckily I have 1 already, but after sending 2 pigs to freezer camp, I have no room left. My appliance place told me that over 1000 people ordered freezers through their store between April and June. This is a smaller place, not a national chain. I would order one from a place you trust and just wait a couple months until it delivers.
    Slippy and Prepared One like this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #74
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    135
    I have definitely noticed a problem in the supply chain. Things you wouldn't even think would be affected are in short supply. I know some one that works retail in a hardware store and they are having a horrible time getting all manner of items in. Part of it is the warehouse doesn't have it in stock and part of it is they are short staffed at the warehouse as well as the trucking. I have noticed at the grocery store that a lot of name brand items are in short supply. Most of what you see is the store brand items and the selection is pretty thin. Not to mention the prices are getting ridiculous.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin

  6. #75
    Super Moderator


    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,758
    I've noticed lot of empty shelves in Michaels. I did see Chinese news reports that there's flooding going on allover China. That's can't be helping.

    SUMMARY
    Since June, 141 people have died or are missing, 37.89 million have been affected and over 2,246,00 relocated due to floods in 27 provincial-level regions in China, including eastern Anhui and Jiangxi provinces.

    The water levels of 433 rivers in China have crossed the danger mark since early June, with 33 of them rising to historical highs, said the Ministry of Water Resources on Monday.

    China's State Flood Control and Drought Relief Headquarters upgraded the emergency response for flood control from level III to level II on Sunday, as incessant downpours continued to wreak havoc across vast stretches of the country.

    Here is what we know so far:

    China's national observatory on Saturday renewed its yellow alert, its third-highest, for rainstorms. The downpour is forecast to continue in large parts of eastern and central regions in China.

    more here.
    Let us use the time as best we may.

  7. #76
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    I have been looking for the last few months for a freezer. Not one to be found. This is starting to get real. Lock, load, and wait.
    I guess it's a good thing we bought a pressure cooker for canning, does that mean I need to learn to use it now?
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe....

  8. #77
    Member


    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Central Mtns. Colorado
    Posts
    48
    I work at an Ace Hardware in the mountains. We got a 6 page letter from hdqtrs with a list of all the manufacturers who supply us and that were curtailing the production of most of their products in order to focus on those which they can make. That is because their supply chain has been shut down. It is the product of JIT manufacturing so you can bet that it hits the food manufacturers as well. Especially when the parts needed to keep machines running can't be had.

  9. #78
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NORTHEAST USA
    Posts
    8,418
    Quote Originally Posted by tirnan View Post
    I ordered another freezer for back up around 1 MAY... still not in yet. Luckily I have 1 already, but after sending 2 pigs to freezer camp, I have no room left. My appliance place told me that over 1000 people ordered freezers through their store between April and June. This is a smaller place, not a national chain. I would order one from a place you trust and just wait a couple months until it delivers.
    I have read several postings on this.

    I called the local appliance dealer who is the largest mover of them in a 30 mile area.

    Asked about a 7 CU Ft. one he laughed, said next year! Had some 3's @ $450.00!!!!!!!

    The last 7 CU Ft. I bought was $150.00.

    So this is a nationwide problem, demand or dropped production, COVID-19 in Mexico????
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 07-16-2020 at 07:29 AM.

  10. #79
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    2,501
    I have been hunting a freezer for weeks now. I found a single 3.1 cubic foot off-brand model on walmart.com. and I ordered it expecting the worst. It arrived with only some very minor scratches and amazingly it is holding minus 10 degrees F now for 24 hours so the damned thing works! I wanted a bigger freezer but hey, beggars can’t be choosers!

    I hit the local walmart for a small shopping trip this morning only expecting to buy a few items. Seems every time I go there the selections are smaller and prices higher. So I got a little scared and dropped $150 on items that I regularly use (or anticipate using). The items I picked were in very short supply on the shelves. I got the last 2 bottles of sanitizer. Paper towels were scarce. I bought 1 of the last 3 bottles of an alfredo sauce I like. Still no apple cider vinegar. Yeast was scarce. No bread flour. Beef was priced at $10 plus per pound for anything other than hamburger. I bought up items I know we will need for Thanksgiving dinner. At this rate they might not be available in the fall. Things are getting scary.
    SOCOM42 and Prepared One like this.

  11. #80
    Senior Member


    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NORTHEAST USA
    Posts
    8,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster23 View Post
    I have been hunting a freezer for weeks now. I found a single 3.1 cubic foot off-brand model on walmart.com. and I ordered it expecting the worst. It arrived with only some very minor scratches and amazingly it is holding minus 10 degrees F now for 24 hours so the damned thing works! I wanted a bigger freezer but hey, beggars can’t be choosers!

    I hit the local walmart for a small shopping trip this morning only expecting to buy a few items. Seems every time I go there the selections are smaller and prices higher. So I got a little scared and dropped $150 on items that I regularly use (or anticipate using). The items I picked were in very short supply on the shelves. I got the last 2 bottles of sanitizer. Paper towels were scarce. I bought 1 of the last 3 bottles of an alfredo sauce I like. Still no apple cider vinegar. Yeast was scarce. No bread flour. Beef was priced at $10 plus per pound for anything other than hamburger. I bought up items I know we will need for Thanksgiving dinner. At this rate they might not be available in the fall. Things are getting scary.
    Same experience yesterday at the super Walmart and last week.

 

 
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top