Ban hammer run amok? - Page 8
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Ban hammer run amok?

This is a discussion on Ban hammer run amok? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; addendum.... From another forum: XYZ said: ABC beats around this bush, and throws some shade by pointing out other traditional privacy issues that have nothing ...

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree327Likes

Thread: Ban hammer run amok?

addendum....

From another forum:

XYZ said:
    ABC beats around this bush, and throws some shade by pointing out other traditional privacy issues that have nothing to do with the questions being asked.

His responses do not address the potential abuse of personal information being used or sharedby any " advertiser ", " service partner ", or any other party with access toFacebook's Pixel program, not to mention the Google equivalent, Twitter equivalent, and the equivalent programs run by any other social media platforms.

Let's not put words in my mouth, thanks. I wasn't throwing shade, I was asking why XYZ was worried about Facebook Pixel tracking when he's already being tracked by data aggregation from Google et al. He's answered, and I am following up on those answers (and learning a bit myself). I'm still on the fence if I care about the difference for myself, or if it's worth worrying about for anyone else, but I'm not in charge of making decisions for other people or for this site.

ABC said:
    These digital pirates share and combine their information as an aggregate profile for the sole purpose of exploiting the personal information of individuals by selling off your personal information to anyone with money. I am certain that there are other organizations buying and using the information for their own purposes as well, but that is another story best saved for your tinfoil hat days.

Now you're making my point. Except that his was always going on, you've just become aware of it now.

Google has already saved a copy of this forum (and any other publicly available forum), all its users, all its posts, all its photos, etc. Taking photos down or deleting profiles is pretty meaningless. They can build a profile for every user of this site just from the data aggregation they've already been doing for 10+ years. Use the same username on a different forum? They can lump that into the matching database they already have. Use outdated forum software? Your IP could get exposed then they can match your location and internet service provider with your username (assuming you aren't on a VPN). More data for the pile.

Then rinse and repeat for Bing, Yahoo, Facebook (and more) because they all do the same thing.

For fun, here's a snapshot of this thread from May 2018. You can go back and delete the photos from these forums, but the records remain. You can't delete the photos from the archive.

PFN, have fun, MT
    Denton and Slippy like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    I think it is time I've left this forum, and any other run brought and sold by liberal media giants.

When "SHTF" here a week ago I could not get a straight answer, even PMs to Mods. Then I was "banned" and sent emails to PFN. No responses even though most "banned" members were able to login again (if you can't "login", you can't check a PFN PM)

So I went away a week to a place I only carry a "dumb phone" and took care of garden and home. I killed a good amount of chimpmunks ready to raid my blueberries (30-40?) and a couple woodchucks.

I came back here to cyberland, and I didn't yet get a response to personal emails to both Denton and Cricket, so I tried again. Denton FINALLY responded.

I have a deep problems/issues with whom are really running/controling these forums, they are not good people.

I have seen this just happen with a "redo" of another forum I am a member of. Some here are too. They like service rifles. That forum is now linked to social media and exploited for their liberal agendas. It is run by the same.

Want to support that? YOU ARE!!!

I'm not sure if it is goodbye. But in some cases, if I don't come back ever, swell

MT

Edit: I did not mean mods here, Denton, RPD, Sas, et al; I have a deep problems/issues with whom are really running/controling these forums, they are not good people.
    That was a busy, busy day. Many PMs, but the questions were answered in this and another thread.

I donít know who owns this forum; I only know the name of the company. I donít know their political positions.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
    Please accept my deepest apologies for the nonsense that went on overnight.

I am restoring threads but it may take a bit for the counts to catch back up.

If anyone sees banned members that shouldn't be, please click to report one of their posts.
    Hoorah Cricket!!!
    Denton likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

@Mad Trapper if you think only a few sites are tracking you, you are mistaken. Starting with Echelon we have been tracked for years. Now in Utah, they have a facility that can store everything forever.

One thing about electronics in this era is that everyone is tracking everything you do or say. Your computer can be used to record audio/visual remotely. Your phone can be turned on remotely and even Alexa and other systems like that record your conversations. This has not been a secret for a long time. Think China only more subtle. Every app on your phone, every app on your computer, every website you visit all collect your information. It's sold, shared and used for whatever they wish. Why does my insurance app need to know what stores I visit? I could not get an answer but they do that.

A guy I know on another forum had a cable show where he offered big money if he could not find you in, I think, either 24-72 hours. I don't think he ever had to pay out. That show is no longer on the air but he did make a point.

My wife and I were talking about this the other day. They only way you can completely disappear is to go totally off grid and be totally self sufficient. You can use nothing that can be tracked such as even an electric bill. And yes, they will still know where you live simply by your land tax. Have an accident of any type even medical? You are back in the grid.

Super Moderator

@inceptor , you are absolutely right.

Worried about the Man following your every comment? Throw away your computer and your phone. Otherwise, every communication will be recorded. Every move you make will be tracked. Every search engine usage will be noted.

The use of this message board is the least of anyone’s problems.
    Slippy, inceptor and MountainGirl like this.
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    inceptor
    , you are absolutely right.

Worried about the Man following your every comment? Throw away your computer and your phone. Otherwise, every communication will be recorded. Every move you make will be tracked. Every search engine usage will be noted.

The use of this message board is the least of anyone’s problems.

Denton - yep. Totally.

@inceptor - excellent post. My understanding is AI doesn't have the ability YET to deal with ALL the data...but that day is coming soon.

That was a busy, busy day. Many PMs, but the questions were answered in this and another thread.

I don’t know who owns this forum; I only know the name of the company. I don’t know their political positions.
    Denton-you all did a great job on that day. Hurricane, it was. Also...what is the name of the company? Thanks!
    inceptor and Denton like this.
    Vanished, into the mist.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post

Denton - yep. Totally.

@inceptor - excellent post. My understanding is AI doesn't have the ability YET to deal with ALL the data...but that day is coming soon.

Denton-you all did a great job on that day. Hurricane, it was. Also...what is the name of the company? Thanks!
    Verticalscope I think.
    MountainGirl likes this.
    Dr. Gregory House

I donít know who owns this forum; I only know the name of the company. I donít know their political positions.
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    .... Also...what is the name of the company? Thanks!

Verticalscope I think.
    I think I can help with that...in a new thread.
    AquaHull likes this.
    Vanished, into the mist.

MountainGirl and AquaHull like this.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

Vanished, into the mist.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links