Help me make a list
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Help me make a list

This is a discussion on Help me make a list within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Help me make a list of everything in order of most severe. Items that become unavailable during the pandemic. I'll start with what I seen, ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Help me make a list

Help me make a list

Help me make a list of everything in order of most severe. Items that become unavailable during the pandemic.
    I'll start with what I seen, in loose order of what went first and lasted longest.
    1. Toilet paper
    2. Disinfectant s, hand sanitizer rubbing alcohol
    3. Face masks
    4. Latex gloves
    5. Ammo note I did not pay close attention to firearms.
    6. Easy cook food, hotdogs, frozen pizza, ice cream.
    7. Meat products, pork, chicken, beef not as severe as pork chicken.
    Some otc medications. Calcium tablets were gone at one point.
    What did you see a shortage of.

Guns, ammo, whiskey, beer, smoke and water. Get 100 proof and use it for hand sanitizer. disinfectant. Jurine is a good disenfectant too unless a person has a bladder infection.

All good. I would have to add water purification. You also neglected a generator to keep that meat and ice cream frozen in grid down. Shelf stable is better. Dehydrated, MRE etc.... I have all of the above, an inverter generator, a Katadyn pocket micro filter and an MSR sweetwater filter. Im lucky enough to have a 285 acre BOL with several water sources including a shallow point well.

Great starting point: some dehydrated Mountain House or similar food, survival straws for water and some bags with a handgun, survival blankets, shelter halves or tarp with cordage, fishing kits, a good multi tool, A GMRS radio, topo map, compass and fire starting kit, boots, a change of clothes, permethrin, survival guide and a browning M-2 .50BMG machine gun.......if able.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Here's what I saw go first:

1. Common sense
    2. Courage
    3. Responsibility
    4. Confidence
    5. Liberty
    inceptor likes this.
    Vanished, into the mist.

Help me make a list

Flour and baking yeast.
    Multivitamins
    Vit C
    Vit D
    Zinc supplements

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Here's what I saw go first:

1. Common sense
    2. Courage
    3. Responsibility
    4. Confidence
    5. Liberty
    You are very correct.

Haven't noticed a shortage of anything. Local gun shops are low on stock but there are still guns available.

First let's make an assumption here. We are preparing for a round of the pandemic much worse than the first round.
    Otherwise you already know what to stockpile for, OK?

Rely mostly on canned foods (not frozen). If we go extreme with a pandemic you may not have power to cook with. That 15 pound turkey ain't gonna help you. Canned foods are already cooked.

If we are preparing for a worse pandemic then assume the worst will occur and make your list from that point of view - much worse and much longer.
    Don't dick around.
    Last edited by jimcosta; 05-28-2020 at 05:53 AM.
    Our Survival Group Website: Hidden Content

When (notice I did not say IF.............) the "big" one hits . . .

Those who do not have alternate heating resources for winter time are going to be severely disadvantaged . . . many will freeze to death or succumb to some weather related illness.

Those who live in an urban setting will see Minneapolis replay at every Target . . . Walmart . . . Kroger . . . Piggly Wiggly . . . Menards . . . or any other place that has food & clothing . . . and you will seriously want to avoid those gangs of looting thugs . . . as you will be well dressed "fair game" for them.

Personal . . . concealable . . . operable handguns and long guns will be a must if you have a survival desire . . . and the willingness to protect yourself and family at all times.

There is a "booze" called Ever Clear . . . 190 proof grain alcohol . . . excellent for all sorts of disinfectant needs . . . only about 18 bucks a fifth . . . need to have some on hand in storage as it will never ever go "bad". If you never need it . . . your survivors may.

Gunpowder . . . bullets . . . primers . . . and tools to reload ammo are if nothing else . . . good bartering items.

Personal hygiene products for all . . . especially the lady folks . . . and especially soap . . . stack up bars of the stuff . . . hand washing alone is one of the biggest sickness prevention things we can do and if society goes south . . . there will be limited medical facilities, it will be up to us to care for ourselves.

Just some starting points . . . may God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Is anyone checking these lists twice?
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links