We Want to Move to the USA. - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

We Want to Move to the USA.

This is a discussion on We Want to Move to the USA. within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; We don't really want you....its been decides by a group of subject matter experts and you would be a drain on our resources.....signed...America....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

We don't really want you....its been decides by a group of subject matter experts and you would be a drain on our resources.....signed...America.

Get yourselves a place,any place and then apply for citizenship....then,we will tell you where all the best places that match your parameters may be.

Welcome from the other side of Lac Superior...upper Michigan...
    TOUGH TIMES DONT LAST,TOUGH PEOPLE DO.

Were is Ellis Island when you need it......

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Old SF Guy View Post
    Were is Ellis Island when you need it......
    My Maternal Grandparents came through Ellis. Became citizens legally, learned proper English, sired 11 children in the depression, and never sucked a government teat.

Quote Originally Posted by prepster5 View Post
    If we wanted to leave this *insert words here* country of Canada, and move to the USA in the next couple years, where would be a good place to go? Fitting these parameters:

Water
    Big trees
    Multiple acres
    Affordable
    Rural
    Redneck friendly
    Off gridability
    No snow

All suggestions appreciated.... thanks
    South Texas is where you need to be. Try Kingsville. Very nice town with very little snow. Though it can happen. Redneck friendly. Cant imagine land and house prices being very steep. Not too far from Mexico if you like brown breasted mattress thrashers. lol. Ask for Roarita at Papa Guyos in Nuevo Laredo. Shes a sweetie. Was fixing to get married and move to San Antone but that deal may have fell through. You just never can tell. Aint seen in her in a few decades. May be too old for ya by now. Nice college is you want to get edumacated and salt water fishing real close. Whopper big deer if you like to hunt. All kinds of critters down there. Heck I might to move there. Lot of cute cowgirls.
    https://www.zillow.com/kingsville-tx/

Congratulations & almost welcome.

My wife & I live in the USA (born & raised) but have looked into a second property with large amounts of land. Specifically S. Ohio, WVa & N. Georgia areas. What we come across is the land is affordable and the area is usually depressed. No jobs. Crime high (not Chicago high, but not all innocent and Mayberry either). Meth / Other drugs a problem.

Friends we have who have done the same are regretting there decision as they have break-in's. Admittedly, these are second houses and the crime could be 'victim of opportunity' as I assume this would be your primary place. We still dream of some land, but nice to be near options for groceries, restaurants & hospitals. There are some negatives of being way rural. For medical reasons as we all get older, I wouldn't be too far from a major quality hospital (1 hour?).

From friends in N. Georgia - the grocery stores were bare much sooner than we did and still are (food being routed to cities).

Either way - sounds like a good move for you. Almost welcome. Maybe rent of visit for a week said area to get a flavor before financially committing.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Trapper View Post
    My Maternal Grandparents came through Ellis. Became citizens legally, learned proper English, sired 11 children in the depression, and never sucked a government teat.
    Mine, too. We went to see their names which were chiseled on a rock there at Ellis Island a couple years back... My mom's mum always insisted we were related to Molly Pitcher, but our first American ancestors came off the boat in the 1800's so...(?)

Granny (mil) here is a real American blue blood. She has two ancestors who came off the Mayflower, plus one on record for having fought in the Revolutionary War.
    St. Michael the Archangel,
    defend us in battle.
    Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
    and do thou,
    O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan,
    and all the evil spirits,
    who prowl about the world
    seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen

Quote Originally Posted by Piratesailor View Post
    Wyoming. The wind river valley.
    NO, Absolutely not. We're full up.