Hope you all are staying safe.
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Hope you all are staying safe. within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Hey Guys and gals hope everyone is doing well. Finally had a chance to get on here. I am in NJ and the middle of ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Hope you all are staying safe.

Hey Guys and gals hope everyone is doing well. Finally had a chance to get on here. I am in NJ and the middle of this corona crap. Still have a job thank god and working from home. I have to take a ride to shoprite tomorrow which scares me but what should you recommend me too besides mask and gloves? Looking for some advice
    Denton, Slippy, Michael_Js and 1 others like this.

I'm in the Seattle area which has also been hit fairly hard and I go out with nothing. I take disinfecting wipes with me and wipe down everything when I get back to my car...whatever door handles I've touched, my purse, wallet, debit card and so on. I do think I'll at least wear gloves next time. I'm making masks, but I'm not a hundred percent certain I'll use them.
    Annie, MikeyPrepper and Michael_Js like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyPrepper View Post
    Hey Guys and gals hope everyone is doing well. Finally had a chance to get on here. I am in NJ and the middle of this corona crap. Still have a job thank god and working from home. I have to take a ride to shoprite tomorrow which scares me but what should you recommend me too besides mask and gloves? Looking for some advice
    Hi MikeyPrepper, my Jersey neighbor! It's good to see you around here once again. Okay, so you're going to shoprite tomorrow?

...Is there anybody in your family whose immunocompromised? If not, you should be fine. Just take the "normal" precautions everyone's been talking about. You know that.

My dear mil's nurse has been telling me about 18 wheelers with freezers they have up here in North Jersey for the bodies which are mostly coming out of old folks homes and nursing home hospitals. So sad. So we have to be careful to not be taking the virus to our elderly parents and grandparents. The young are fine, other than some anomalies here and there who don't make it.
    Denton and MikeyPrepper like this.
    Let us use the time as best we may.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I am doing good here in northern california. I am in a rural area so its been mellow fixing fences and working on making a better garden. Only hard part is not going to town to get some materials for the garden i cant scrounge up around here. I was lucky though as I had been in the SF bay area shortly before all the craziness started. My biggest concern right now next time I have to go to town how much beer should i buy.

Hope you all back in New Jersey are doing okay. I talked to a friend of mine who lives back there and it sounds like chaos.

Also stay safe up in Seattle.
    Irish Diplomacy:
    The ability to tell a man to go to hell and have him looking forward to the trip.

Hey! ITS BEEN CRAZY HERE.. Things still the same

Except for the mask in town you would ask what virus here.
    Now staying safe means dealing with rioters. That is a different game.
    MikeyPrepper likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

We are sitting in "the calm before the storm" here in the mid-west. It got dark early, and the wind just up and died, not a good sign. The neighbors have locked everything down and our dog is trying to get under our living-room table! Hopefully I can make a pot of coffee and unplug everything before something comes down.
    Michael_Js likes this.
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

Super Moderator

My area is a hotbed for the virus at the moment but I’ve heard of no new cases connected to the contract. Of the approximately 3,500 people on the contract, two people dead. One hourly and one supervisor. Both with underlying issues.
    Michael_Js and SOCOM42 like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

They really have not told us details of the transmission method, most say aersolized, who knows?

Gloves, mask, and sanitizer wipes/spray.

I spray everything I bring in from shopping BEFORE it is brought in, the rest of the stuff stays in the Jeep for a couple of days in the sunlight.

I make my own spray to do the job, we wipe down our faces and hands right after getting out of the store, gloves too before removing.

Even spray on hands and use fingers to do inside of nasal passages.

Spray contains 90% ethyl alcohol, greater than what you can buy over the counter.

Was lucky, had all the precursors before the virus hit.

Also use a UV light on clothing when getting home.
    Denton and Michael_Js like this.

@SOCOM42 you can buy grain/95% ethyl again at liquor stores again in Ma.

ISOPROPYL IS STILL SHORT SUPPLY MOST PLACES HERE,thats BS , 6 months can 't MAKE ALCOHOLS.

For clothing, hang stuff outside in sunlight/clothes line, same UV and cheap, not quick but it works.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links