Bugging out?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Bugging out?

This is a discussion on Bugging out? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; We are in the early days of this pandemic. Much has been written and posted about “bugging out” if the sh.. hits the fan. Fortunately, ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By MountainGirl
  • 2 Post By jimcosta
  • 1 Post By jimcosta

Thread: Bugging out?

Bugging out?

We are in the early days of this pandemic. Much has been written and posted about “bugging out” if the sh.. hits the fan. Fortunately, my family and I live in our bug out location. But for those who don’t and have thought/planned for it, have you implemented your plans? If not why, and when would you do so?

We too live in our bug out location.

Seven members of our immediate clan did a 3 day test activation two weeks ago which required a few more trips to the hardware store.
    We gained three more members from it.

A final punch list was created and completed.

A week ago we started locking the gate at night. Several shotguns have been removed from the safe and strategically placed.
    I have a Concealed Carry permit and am supposed to be wearing at this time but have not started yet.

More than likely next week we will begin locking the gate 24 hours per day. We have supplies for many members here deserving early protection.

If we formally activate I believe 12 adults out of 50 members will activate immediately. The rest will stagger in as they see fit (kids, jobs, hoping all is well, etc.)
    When we formally activate we will have guards on duty.
    Last edited by jimcosta; 04-01-2020 at 07:38 PM.
    Our Survival Group Website: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by jimcosta View Post
    We too live in our bug out location.

Seven members of our immediate clan did a 3 day test activation two weeks ago which required a few more trips to the hardware store.
    We gained three more members from it.

A final punch list was created and completed.

A week ago we started locking the gate at night. Several shotguns have been removed from the safe and strategically placed.
    I have a Concealed Carry permit and am supposed to be wearing at this time but have not started yet.

More than likely next week we will begin locking the gate 24 hours per day. We have supplies for many members here deserving early protection.

If we formally activate I believe 12 adults out of 50 members will activate immediately. The rest will stagger in as they see fit (kids, jobs, hoping all is well, etc.)
    When we formally activate we will have guards on duty.
    Will you be taking their temp when they arrive, or do any quarantine on them?
    It's a serious question; asymptomatic infected seems to be the norm.
    Slippy and rstanek like this.
    Vanished, into the mist.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

We have a quarantine plan in place for each family that arrives. They will camp away from the group then later join the group.

With that being said, the seniors (that choose) will stay well protected.

In my personal opinion, the virus is no real threat and is way over portrayed. The real threat is what is going on outside of the virus.
    MountainGirl and Fish like this.

More Bubbles In The Frog Boiling Water.

* Today we learn that it may take 5 months for citizens to receive their Recovery Assistance.

* Monday the SBA is supposed to begin making loans to small businesses, but the SBA is in a fight with the Treasury about what forms are to be used.
    Yesterday the banks cut a deal with the government to earn interest on the notes.

* This morning Dr. Faucci was on FOX news saying he is against using the new drugs that are providing 100% healing of the virus as more long-term tests are needed.
    He also hints that the Stay at Home plan may be in force for several months "until there are no more new cases discovered."

* During the Great Depression the unemployment rate was 25%. We are now expecting a 42% unemployment rate.

Note that most Americans are armed and will soon be pissed when they realize they have lost all they have worked their lives for. What can go wrong here?
    Last edited by jimcosta; 04-03-2020 at 07:47 AM.
    Camel923 likes this.

Wish I had a place in the woods to bug out too. For now, shelter in place.

Sponsored Links