psychologically, how are you doing?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

psychologically, how are you doing?

This is a discussion on psychologically, how are you doing? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I am experiencing anguish. Acute distress to be exact. I never prepared for this :/ Bug out lands and groups, unable to bring any one ...

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree494Likes

Thread: psychologically, how are you doing?

Unhappy psychologically, how are you doing?

I am experiencing anguish. Acute distress to be exact. I never prepared for this :/

Bug out lands and groups, unable to bring any one in unless its an SO. Im turning my scared unprepped friends away when they ask in a spot could they count on refuge. We all agreed to the terms when we got started 10 yrs ago no new people.

liberal friends asking for training and to borrow fire arms. I cant. Its illegal and i am liable. I feel this is the situation someone would get hurt in as they arent trained sufficiently to ensure DGs wont happen. and My one friend pointed out most likely they voted to make borrowing illegal. I cant train people who are under duress or when Im under duress.

I didnt prep for the anguish im feeling having to say no to people i love. how are you coping with or compartmentalizing this?

This will blow over in time, but am seeing the line in the sand was drawn a long time ago. whether we noticed or not.

this is not fun at all

Super Moderator

I’m doing well, but I mentally prepped when I felt the need to prepare, physically.
    The military helps with learning how to grit teeth and get the job done, I suppose; I dunno.
    Hearing people say they’ll come to my place if the shit hits the fan and telling them to approach at their own peril helps.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

my angle isnt about surviving. Im the poor sap that would survive anything. My angle is to make sure Im nobody's bitch. Nobody's victim.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I think many unprepared people are panicked and are reaching out any way they can. I'm sure their reactions must put a lot of stress on those who have prepped themselves. I'm new to prepping and I am wishing I started years ago as I've mentioned in earlier posts so I can understand this reaction. All I can do is do the best to prepare myself now.

Maybe a good way to handle it is to help your friends make their own plan of preparedness. I think fear of what ifs and the unknown is freaking people out. You're prepared so you look like a beacon of hope to the rest of us But you created your own beacon and that's okay. Imo, I don't think you should feel guilty for not being able to give everyone else what you have. But I can understand your desire to help those you care about and I think helping give them their own plan of attack in terms of preparedness will help them feel more in control and help take their pressure off of you. Anyway, hope this helps.
    Michael_Js likes this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by shotlady View Post
    my angle isnt about surviving. Im the poor sap that would survive anything. My angle is to make sure Im nobody's bitch. Nobody's victim.
    You have an inner bitch. You know how to be jaded. No need for anguish.
    Dr. Gregory House

I dont think it's intentional at all, they are just scared. so am i as an "essential". I wish i could help and train people to prepp. prepping doesnt happen over night. Most of my friends industries folded up over night. they have no resources to put towards this now. the inventory just isnt there, and if you find it, you'll pay top price. I feel so helpless.
    Michael_Js likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    You have an inner bitch. You know how to be jaded. No need for anguish.

inner bitch hahaha that bitch be riding shotgun haha

Hi shotlady,

I joined during your absence and others know you better - but from all your posts (old and new) it's pretty clear to me the strength you still have even after all you've been through. Even though it doesn't feel like strength, it's still there. There is something about us women that can endure what comes (husb died in my arms 2011) and even though it breaks us down to crumbs somehow we come back. Different, but still a part of what we were remains. Hold on to who you are; it is enough.

We (new husb) live off-grid & up in the mountains away from everyone and everything so the things most are going through now are not part of what we have to deal with - other than Tom's mom is 87, lives 2 states away, fell & broke her arm 2 days ago and now Tom's fighting to keep her from going into a nursing home which will be dangerous. It might be he has to go there to take care of her, or maybe bring her up here, and I'm just taking things one a day at a time, keeping myself centered in a place of love, and accepting whatever comes...to a point. First, I take care of and protect myself. Second, Tom. Third our animals and this mountain. God help whoever or whatever threatens that.

I dont think it's right for you to feel anguish over doing what you need to do for you - and it sounds like you've made good choices regarding others around you. Loving yourself and taking care of yourself is the best thing you can do right now; and that includes following your gut instincts about which way to go and when, and I'm guessing yours for the most part have served you well.

((hugs))
    shotlady and Michael_Js like this.
    BRING ALL TROOPS HOME NOW.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by shotlady View Post
    inner bitch hahaha that bitch be riding shotgun haha
    Yeah. You are a sweetheart. We all know that. We also know you’ve had intensive training and are a monster on the course.
    There are those who thinks it is going live. That training you received? Rely on it. Training prepares you to release thoughts and feelings.

On the other hand, it doesn’t teach you how to handle the other side. First things first. Right now, rely on training. We’ll get to the other side together if there’s still an internet.
    shotlady and Michael_Js like this.
    Dr. Gregory House

For years, I tried to tell people to prepare for the unknown. Most thought I was crazy for thinking like that. Ya know, what could go wrong, right? Even my wife looked at me sideways about this. No one would listen, so I shut up about it and just did my thing. Finally my wife knows why and she is tickled that we are not having to fight the panic buying crowds.

No one knows I prep except for family. I'm okay with that. No one is calling or knocking on my door so I don't have to tell them no.
    Last edited by inceptor; 03-30-2020 at 11:19 PM.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links