psychologically, how are you doing? - Page 3
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

psychologically, how are you doing?

This is a discussion on psychologically, how are you doing? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I prepare, I study, I put in the time/work and I try and have some fun with most things that happen. Most of all I ...

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree494Likes

Thread: psychologically, how are you doing?

I prepare, I study, I put in the time/work and I try and have some fun with most things that happen. Most of all I put my trust in my Lord and Mrs S reminds me of that more than I care to admit...

I'll not bore you with the details of the time that the poem, IF, by Kipling was re- introduced into my life by a wise man, but it certainly applies now;

IF you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
    If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;
    If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
    Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
    Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
    And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;
    If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
    Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
    Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
    And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
    And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
    And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;
    If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
    To serve your turn long after they are gone,
    And so hold on when there is nothing in you
    Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    ' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
    if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
    If all men count with you, but none too much;
    If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
    Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
    And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Providing care for Payton keeps my head where it should be. We have a lot of things that must be done each day. But we find free time for each other. getting out for a ride on sidecar a little helps. We are good for another month I think.
    Yesterday Grandma needed prescription filled wife had one that need filling . Then grandma decide to make a shopping list. then wife decide if her mom needs stuff she may as well get some to. Soon a couple prescriptions turn into 3 store and a list . Wife ask me if I wanted to pick it all up . Well twist my arm if you must. Sidecar facing out off to town I went. took about 1 1/2 hours to get it done . The ride felt great.
    Last edited by Smitty901; 03-31-2020 at 06:47 AM.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Why waste anytime worrying about the mistakes other people made.

Once you start supporting your loser neighbors where does it stop?? It will only be harder to withhold support once they expect you to give. Which will make the bad situation even more dangerous in the long run. Don't start is the best and only option, IMHO.
    shotlady, Slippy, SOCOM42 and 5 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I am an introvert as well. I have no problem sitting at home with the lights out watching crime tv, keeping house, doing brandi things. My shit is impeccably stacked. i have my hard core close people (2). I belong to a larger very loving group, although I stay on the outskirts of it as im not as social. My surviving son lives a couple of hours away he is a former marine and we have prepped and trained together. although he's a vp of a bank, yes at 28yrs old- they are fixin to recall pilots as he is one of a small handful of c130 pilots. he may have to bounce back to the usmc for a while. i hope not. theres a part of me that doesnt give a shit, and then there's the compassionate me that people heeded what i have been saying. Im set for several yrs. we (5 in my group) are not treating our preps like back up kmart. we are shopping until we cannot. I can go another month with out shopping before needing to go again. I dont prep to survive. I dont wanna get up and suck todays dick or tomorrow's. I prep so i dont have to be somebody's bitch/victim. we all know im gonna be keith richards and live forever simply cause i dont want to. Grief is a debilitating, cruel and ruthless master.
    Last edited by shotlady; 03-31-2020 at 07:16 AM.
    KUSA, Slippy, SOCOM42 and 6 others like this.

The current situation is quite daunting. I used to look forward to the many joys I have in life. Right now it’s like a dark fog rolled in.

I'm working/not working from home. I joined the public schools at the beginning of this acedemic year. We went on spring break two weeks ago yesterday and for all intents and purposes have remained as such. Like many, our county has scrambled to enact a distance learning model but the rest of this year is pretty much a freebie. We pulled our little girl out of preschool at the same time. So, apart from being perpetually tethered to a toddler, I'm good upstairs. Depending how long this drags out my daughter may change that - lol!

I've gone back and forth between this is overblown and perhaps under-blown. Like most things in life the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I'm not taking any unnecessary trips/risks. When I do go out for fresh food or other necessaries, I strip down and wash-up when I return. Where I live, there isn't any panic and my part of town, in particular, is largely comprised of can-do folks.

My biggest concerns are the economy and how desperate and dangerous people will become is this stretches out too far and many loose all. We're not there yet and I cannot do anything about it anyway so like most things out of my control I try and turn it over to God. Having watched Frozen II about a hundred times now, I think it's prudent to follow the wisdom of Pabbie; when the future is uncertain ... "All one can do is the next right thing."

I don't think too much about it, still have running water, heat and food to eat, internet and TV. Things could be a whole lot worse.
    SOCOM42, KUSA, Michael_Js and 4 others like this.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

I "know a man and his wife" who get peace in times like this, knowing that;

When everyone else was waiting for prices to go down on ammo, they were buying a box or 2 every week

When everyone else was saying "why do you need an extra 1000 gallons of water?", they were building a catchment system

When everyone else was saying, "those freeze dried foods are too expensive, have too much sodium, don't taste good" they were buying a box or two every so often...

When everyone else was content to buy a pack of toilet paper as needed, they were buying an extra pack every week...same for canned goods... same for alot of other stuff...

When everyone else was saying "why do you need all of those boxes of medicine, bandaids, thermometers, etc etc" he (his wife actually) was buying an extra box regularly...

When others were saying, I wish I had a large veggie garden, but veggies are cheap and I can just go to the store", they were moving dirt, building raised beds, canning and growing...

When others were making fun (behind their back of course because most people are pusswads) for building a homestead on a large tract of land off the beaten path, they are free to roam and work their land without fear of coming in contact with douchebags...

When someone said, "you should save more money and less stuff! You could put that money in the stock market, it'll keep going up and be there when you need it"... they were laughing at the fact that you can't EAT the stock market, you cant WIPE YOUR ASS with the stock market, You can't DEFEND your property with the stock market et etc.

So quit the whining and crying and do something!

(Rant meant to teach and a little bit to preach! )

Quote Originally Posted by shotlady View Post
    I am experiencing anguish. Acute distress to be exact. I never prepared for this :/

Bug out lands and groups, unable to bring any one in unless its an SO. Im turning my scared unprepped friends away when they ask in a spot could they count on refuge. We all agreed to the terms when we got started 10 yrs ago no new people.

liberal friends asking for training and to borrow fire arms. I cant. Its illegal and i am liable. I feel this is the situation someone would get hurt in as they arent trained sufficiently to ensure DGs wont happen. and My one friend pointed out most likely they voted to make borrowing illegal. I cant train people who are under duress or when Im under duress.

I didnt prep for the anguish im feeling having to say no to people i love. how are you coping with or compartmentalizing this?

This will blow over in time, but am seeing the line in the sand was drawn a long time ago. whether we noticed or not.

this is not fun at all
    I stopped making friends years ago. I rarely if ever talk to any of my wife's friends. They are mostly scared of me. That helps. Emotionally? Well I turned those off years ago and only occasionally can I find a bottle opener big enough to open them, and then, like champagne, it ends up making a bigger mess than its worth, and leaves me and everyone else with a bad taste.

When one of them asks for a gun, tell them....You tried to take my guns by your vote before....and now your asking for me to give it to you by choice....the answer is the same.....No, and tell them they need to ask their government to make access to guns and ammo easier, so they can get them lawfully.

m2c

Substitute nuclear fallout fears with corona virus fears. Further proof that Rod Serling was a genius and way ahead of his time.
    Romans 10:9 KJV
    That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links