psychologically, how are you doing? - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

psychologically, how are you doing?

This is a discussion on psychologically, how are you doing? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I am glad I'm an introvert. I don't have close friends that I would have to feel bad about turning away, or family that would ...

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree494Likes

Thread: psychologically, how are you doing?

I am glad I'm an introvert. I don't have close friends that I would have to feel bad about turning away, or family that would come to be for help other than my daughters and their families (who I would help, obviously). I'm not even sure my sister would come to me for help.
    Denton, SOCOM42, shotlady and 2 others like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    I am glad I'm an introvert. I don't have close friends that I would have to feel bad about turning away, or family that would come to be for help other than my daughters and their families (who I would help, obviously). I'm not even sure my sister would come to me for help.
    That’s a bit sad but comforting at the same time. Knowing where one stands is good.
    shotlady and Michael_Js like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Super Moderator

I know a lot of people are freaked out over this whole pandemic so I almost feeling bad saying this but I'm doing pretty damn well. This virus thing is really working out for me. I got a raise, I'm being paid hazard pay, only working 6 hrs a day and being paid for 8, my commute is now 2 hours less per day and I'm getting a ton of stuff done around the new house.

I have to admit my anxiety level is probably low because I have watched ZERO news about the event. I get all my info from a few trusted site and here but I refuse to let the scaremongers in the MSM make a buck off of me during this.
    Denton, stevekozak, Slippy and 7 others like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I know a lot of people are freaked out over this whole pandemic so I almost feeling bad saying this but I'm doing pretty damn well. This virus thing is really working out for me. I got a raise, I'm being paid hazard pay, only working 6 hrs a day and being paid for 8, my commute is now 2 hours less per day and I'm getting a ton of stuff done around the new house.

I have to admit my anxiety level is probably low because I have watched ZERO news about the event. I get all my info from a few trusted site and here but I refuse to let the scaremongers in the MSM make a buck off of me during this.
    I can tell you that the military is going DefCom Pucker 1. In a disciplined manner, of course. Take that as you will.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

We aren't seeing any real panic around here yet. Still have a bit of a small town vibe, and the shelves are staying 60-70% stocked. If that changes, things could go downhill fast.
    None of my friends are showing signs of worry yet, and none of them have more than 2 weeks of food at best.
    I'm struggling with the idea of injecting some despair into their future with a potential scenario or two. With items on the shelves, we are still well within the "better late than never" zone, and anyone I can get to take care of themselves now is one less I should have to see at my front door.
    I'm keeping the wife busy by tasking her with keeping up with European news. I've told her we lag behind them by a few weeks, so whatever she sees there, we should take note of and plan for here. Riots are about to kick off over there due to job losses and uncertainty. It's likely to follow here too.

As for my mental health, I've been working from home for most of a year now, so I'm getting along fine since my job is still hopping. I almost want a break so I can take care of some projects I expect to need in the next month or two.
    The kids are going to drive my wife crazy. God bless her, she's hangin' in there with her new teaching, IT, and entertainment duties.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H. L. Mencken

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    My family and I are doing well so far, my one daughter who was in denial a couple weeks ago has finally excepted our new reality, she was able to purchase a handgun and is learning how to use it, a month ago it would have been unheard of from her to have a gun in her home, funny how things change......pretty quiet around here so far, I’m always watching the neighborhood as much as I can , so I hope to notice when things start being out of place in the normal sense....we are prepared to bug out if need be, the trick is staying ahead of the game......

Not very happy. I am fairly well stocked, Food for a couple of months and Lots and lots of Ammo, I would head up to the Camp, but its pretty rustic and I would have to leave a freezer full of meat and frozen vegies. My Kids are scattered around the country and I am afraid that if this thing really turns to Crap, they will not be able to get back home. Closest one is 2.5 hrs away the other two are 2-5 days drive.
    We are under a stay-at-home-order, So if I leave, I may not be able to get back.

I keep thinking "Should I Stay or Should I Go"

I am not very confident that this is NOT going to end in a total collapse of society.

Quote Originally Posted by shotlady View Post
    I dont think it's intentional at all, they are just scared. so am i as an "essential". I wish i could help and train people to prepp. prepping doesnt happen over night. Most of my friends industries folded up over night. they have no resources to put towards this now. the inventory just isnt there, and if you find it, you'll pay top price. I feel so helpless.
    And when this blows over they will turn their backs on you like so much used toilet paper.

From my point, I told those around me over the years what to do, even some simple things like a months worth of food.

They had their chance, now to hell with them, what I have is for me and mine, no one else.

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    Me too.

I am doing fine here. I am more worried about the economics of this situation then anything. (Scared, hungry people are dangerous) I don't trust many people so I won't have a lot of people to say "NO' to. One guy recently at work ask to barrow a gun when he had trouble finding one. I said "NO" without hesitation. But! I did tell him I would help him buy one and train. He did find one, it sits in a lock box under his mattress where it will probably remain till one day he decides to flip his mattress. Not my problem.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links