psychologically, how are you doing? - Page 11
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

psychologically, how are you doing?

This is a discussion on psychologically, how are you doing? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; 4/2 update... last week was rough.. .as our hospital was learning on the go.. in the beginning, testing was limited, and we didnt know anyone's ...

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree494Likes

Thread: psychologically, how are you doing?

4/2 update...
    last week was rough.. .as our hospital was learning on the go..
    in the beginning, testing was limited, and we didnt know anyone's status...
    we had a huge jump initially.. prob because we finally started testing en masse... and it looked like we were gonna get swamped...
    but things leveled off... and it's been steady but manageable ....
    I've been exposed to over 20 pts... but knock on wood... I still have no symptoms...
    temp was 96.6 this am... checking it twice a day...
    nothing other than an allergy cough each night...

hopefully the early lockdown we had in alabama... helps keep our numbers under control...
    and I can't even imagine what alot of people are going thru financially as well..
    it seems like a tonne of people will be out of work.. .and bankruptcies galore...

I hope the economy bounces back quickly...
    I'm sure it will once an end is in sight...
    I'm hoping we see a huge slowdown, and control... which allows us to go back to work...
    I don't see that happening till they do a national lockdown...
    for now.. there are still clueless people running around getting their hair and nails done.. (finally closed down beauty salons and barbers this weekend)
    too many people think its a hoax.. or nothing...
    well tell that to the wives of the patients I've lost this week...

hope everyone is doing well... wash your hands.. and use hand sanitizer like its going out of style...
    Michael_Js, Denton, Slippy and 4 others like this.

Doing pretty well. Considering I generally don't like people, this is pretty easy. I really like it when telling someone to get the F**k away from me can be construed to be concern for their safety.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor - Personal Protection in the Home
    North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    I am glad I'm an introvert. I don't have close friends that I would have to feel bad about turning away, or family that would come to be for help other than my daughters and their families (who I would help, obviously). I'm not even sure my sister would come to me for help.
    Same for me. At some point my libtard sister would expect me to give her anything she wants even though I've been telling her for years that preparation is not simply a neanderthal conservative idea. Fortunately, she lives 2 hours away.
    Denton, Slippy and Michael_Js like this.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor - Personal Protection in the Home
    North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Pir8fan View Post
    Same for me. At some point my libtard sister would expect me to give her anything she wants even though I've been telling her for years that preparation is not simply a neanderthal conservative idea. Fortunately, she lives 2 hours away.
    I'm even sure what my sister's politics are because we were raised in a home that was basically apolitical. I have no idea how my parents ever voted, why I'm even remotely interested in politics, or how I ended up being conserative.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaDOC View Post
    4/2 update...
    last week was rough.. .as our hospital was learning on the go..
    in the beginning, testing was limited, and we didnt know anyone's status...
    we had a huge jump initially.. prob because we finally started testing en masse... and it looked like we were gonna get swamped...
    but things leveled off... and it's been steady but manageable ....
    I've been exposed to over 20 pts... but knock on wood... I still have no symptoms...
    temp was 96.6 this am... checking it twice a day...
    nothing other than an allergy cough each night...

hopefully the early lockdown we had in alabama... helps keep our numbers under control...
    and I can't even imagine what alot of people are going thru financially as well..
    it seems like a tonne of people will be out of work.. .and bankruptcies galore...

I hope the economy bounces back quickly...
    I'm sure it will once an end is in sight...
    I'm hoping we see a huge slowdown, and control... which allows us to go back to work...
    I don't see that happening till they do a national lockdown...
    for now.. there are still clueless people running around getting their hair and nails done.. (finally closed down beauty salons and barbers this weekend)
    too many people think its a hoax.. or nothing...
    well tell that to the wives of the patients I've lost this week...

hope everyone is doing well... wash your hands.. and use hand sanitizer like its going out of style...
    Nice to hear from you Doc; your updates are appreciated.
    ((hugs))
    Mad Trapper likes this.
    Vanished, into the mist.

Doing okay up here.
    Spending time outside keeps me sane and hanging out with the hounds keeps me crazy.
    Gettin fat on pie, though.
    Vanished, into the mist.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Doing okay up here.
    Spending time outside keeps me sane and hanging out with the hounds keeps me crazy.
    Gettin fat on pie, though.
    What kind of pie, and where might one acquire these pies?
    paulag1955 and Michael_Js like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stevekozak View Post
    What kind of pie, and where might one acquire these pies?
    So far - Cherry, Apple and BlackBerry. My kitchen was deemed essential

Oops...and Wildberry, too. (Huckleberry, Elderberry & Blueberry...all grown on the mountain.)
    Last edited by MountainGirl; 04-02-2020 at 03:54 PM. Reason: forgot about the Wildberry
    Vanished, into the mist.

So far I’m going stir crazy since I was let go from my job on the 28th. So lots of cleaning and trying to find a good job that will be a constant income. But I’m now a Pampered Chef consultant so that’s something at least and with my insurance license I should be able to make something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Michael_Js and shotlady like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    So far - Cherry, Apple and BlackBerry. My kitchen was deemed essential

Oops...and Wildberry, too. (Huckleberry, Elderberry & Blueberry...all grown on the mountain.)
    Well, congratulations!! You have officially been the first person to make me stop thinking about the Covid-19!! All I can think about now are those tasty pies!!!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links