Communication... - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Communication...

This is a discussion on Communication... within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; This is how I plan on communicating. Just walk away....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Communication...

This is how I plan on communicating.

Just walk away.
    Slippy, SRU Viper and SOCOM42 like this.

The Good Cop

My wife is a HAM.
    When Hurricane Irma blew through Florida and Georgia taking all electrical power with it, her HAM got us the straight news from operators around the region.

I'm an old trucker, and keep a CB in my pickup strictly for use when traveling. It has helped me avoid bad traffic tie ups when I get stupid enough to actually use the Interstates.
    I do not believe a CB would be applicable in SHTF/survival situation, the range is much too limited.

Wife has mounted in her pickup a CB w/sideband, plus a HAM transceiver.
    (this is the rural South, many females drive pickups)
    Slippy and MountainGirl like this.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Yes they do! My wife does. I need to get her an RCI 2950 set up so she can use side band, split frequencies and CB.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I know there are people on here playing with Ham I never really played with it always had CBs I do have a General Lee converted to CB that is still capable of Ham frequency just never played with it much. The whole license thing I might understand if a high power base but with handhelds is it really necessary?

Back in the day you needed a license for CB as well but very few people did and definitely don't anymore.

My thoughts on any communication outside the norm is good but ultimately they still listen and control all frequencies so in real SHTF they are not as useful as they once were as they can still block them and definitely track them.
    Denton likes this.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuck View Post
    I know there are people on here playing with Ham I never really played with it always had CBs I do have a General Lee converted to CB that is still capable of Ham frequency just never played with it much. The whole license thing I might understand if a high power base but with handhelds is it really necessary?

Back in the day you needed a license for CB as well but very few people did and definitely don't anymore.

My thoughts on any communication outside the norm is good but ultimately they still listen and control all frequencies so in real SHTF they are not as useful as they once were as they can still block them and definitely track them.
    Several threads here I've been reading thru.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

Well, I ordered a Cobra 50 WSXT 40 channel handheld CB with a remote and fixed antenna, a ETEKESS am/fm/sw/mp3 rec player and a Beofang handheld ham tranciever. I'm guessing alot of broadcasters have gone to digital or encrypted transmissions but that's cool. Analog will get some use too.
    "There is a destiny that shapes our ends, Rough, hew them as we will."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links