Event 201 coincidence?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Event 201 coincidence?

This is a discussion on Event 201 coincidence? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; This was a pandemic scenario already ran a few years ago now it happened video on site is decent but there is a 2 hour ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By RubberDuck
  • 1 Post By Denton
  • 1 Post By charito
  • 1 Post By Camel923
  • 1 Post By RubberDuck

Thread: Event 201 coincidence?

Event 201 coincidence?

This was a pandemic scenario already ran a few years ago now it happened video on site is decent but there is a 2 hour video on YouTube

https://hub.jhu.edu/2019/11/06/event...alth-security/

Pandemic simulation exercise spotlights massive preparedness gap

Event 201, hosted by the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, envisions a fast-spreading coronavirus with a devastating impact

ByKatie Pearce*
    /*Published*Nov 6, 2019

Back in 2001, it was a smallpox outbreak, set off by terrorists in U.S. shopping malls. This fall, it was a SARS-like virus, germinating quietly among pig farms in Brazil before spreading to every country in the world.
    With each fictional pandemic Johns Hopkins experts have designed, the takeaway lesson is the same: We are nowhere near prepared.
    "Once you're in the midst of a severe pandemic, your options are very limited," says*Eric Toner, a senior scholar at the*Center for Health Security*at Johns Hopkins University. "The greatest good can happen with pre-planning."
    Denton and hawgrider like this.

Super Moderator

Interesting. They expected a virus just like this one to be introduced and suspected a bad actor to do it.

Meanwhile, China is threatening to withhold medicine from the States.
    RubberDuck likes this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Interesting. They expected a virus just like this one to be introduced and suspected a bad actor to do it.

Meanwhile, China is threatening to withhold medicine from the States.
    See what happens when we depend on China for something crucial like medicines?
    Denton likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I was poo pooed in the eighties when I argued about having our industries closed here and outsourcing to foreign lands. A friend who has been very successful in major corporations argued service economy and lending money to bankrupt counties was good. I argued high or underemployment, suppressed wages at home, suseptability to foreign embargo’s. Are we really going to go to war with the country that makes out tanks? If Mexico defaults or remits on IMF or World Bank Loans (US tax payer financed) are you going to roll on Mexico for the oil fields as payment?

With holding of vital supplies or strategic resources just may become reality. It is part of diplomacy. Leverage.
    hawgrider likes this.
    Blessed be God, my rock who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war. Psalms 144:1

Victory can depend on a dog or a goose---Napoleon

Here is the longer video link its only 1 hour not 2 like previously posted

hawgrider likes this.

Sponsored Links