Could you help me with a short term prepping plan, no one in my family seems to care. - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Could you help me with a short term prepping plan, no one in my family seems to care.

This is a discussion on Could you help me with a short term prepping plan, no one in my family seems to care. within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Michigan State GOV has now issued State of Emergency after 2 cases have been confirmed. https://www.wxyz.com/news/coronaviru...wayne-counties Disregarding the State warning my GF is inviting 2 ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Could you help me with a short term prepping plan, no one in my family seems to care.

Michigan State GOV has now issued State of Emergency after 2 cases have been confirmed.

https://www.wxyz.com/news/coronaviru...wayne-counties

Disregarding the State warning my GF is inviting 2 people from Chicago to come visit as well as attending a Birthday party for Children and one baby shower.

my gf has become a direct threat to me and I have no clue why she and her friends are just standing around looking at cats and making peace signs with Duckfaces.

Anyone else dealing with this threat?

Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Eagle View Post
    Michigan State GOV has now issued State of Emergency after 2 cases have been confirmed.

Disregarding the State warning my GF is inviting 2 people from Chicago to come visit as well as attending a Birthday party for Children and one baby shower.

my gf has become a direct threat to me and I have no clue why she and her friends are just standing around looking at cats and making peace signs with Duckfaces.

Is your girl friend "The One?"

Great information indeed.

I have added a ton of water in a very short period of time i am confident the water will last a typical lock in but still have work to be done.

I am really nervous, i know it is inevitable for it to hit our state but people are taking very unnecessary actions by inviting family from Chicago to visit and Chicago has already started their outbreak.

I just do not understand, i believe this is due to incomplete transparency from state and fed gov being not completely honest.

Places should have had acted with more urgency and aggression when cases were first noted. Imo.

Well, more coffee for me. I am reading all of this information and taking note.

Thanks, have a Safe and Well Regulated Day!

-W.E.
    Hi again.

Regarding coronavirus, have some medicines as you would with the common flu/colds and coughs (check the expiration date - that way, even if you don't have to use them, they'll still be good for several years).
    If you can, stock up on disinfectant spray and disinfectant wipes (for surfaces in common areas like washrooms).

Remove all toothbrushes and other personal hygiene items in your washroom (including towels). You don't want anyone sneezing on them while in there.

Our students each have their own basket of their own personal items - including their own toothpaste/mouthwash - which they keep in their rooms (only to be taken with them to the washroom when they groom or shower). We hang our towels in our rooms.
    Our washroom shelves are empty except for supplies of toilet paper which are still in their packaging, and a can of disinfectant spray.
    The sink holds a hand soap. We use toilet paper to wipe our hands - no hand towels in there.

Also plan how the procedures will be in case one of you gets it or show symptoms. We had a family meeting over this scenario.

If someone shows a symptom, they'll have to wear a mask every time they come out of their room, and anywhere while they are out of their room for any special reason (and the fan in the washroom has to be on).
    He'll sanitize his hands with a hand sanitizer that's provided BEFORE he comes out of his room.
    He won't be touching that fridge or go anywhere in the kitchen - one of us will be prepping his meals and he'll eat in his room.

They've already prepped for their junk food!

I suppose hubby and I will be hanging out in the basement (rec room) most of the time.

I am really nervous, i know it is inevitable for it to hit our state but people are taking very unnecessary actions by inviting family from Chicago to visit and Chicago has already started their outbreak.
    We're losing a student over his scheduled visit to what's becoming a hot spot, for March break to visit his girlfriend.
    It's a tough decision after all, he's a nice kid.
    He's paid for everything already (including hotel) - but, unfortunately, we have to change our decision because things are getting bad in that place.
    He offered to self-isolate in a hotel after his March Break - but we can't take that risk.
    We told him he can't come back to us.
    Last edited by charito; 03-12-2020 at 04:32 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Originally Posted by Wounded Eagle View Post

Problem is that the people I am with seem not to recognize the severity of the situation. Especially when the head of the CDC
    comes out and warns people to start getting your crap together and to expect " Severe Disruptions ".

Instead my GF goes out to the grocery store for snacks
    and buys Chinese food. She asks me " Are you really going to eat all of that?" suggestive towards my food supply.
    This seems HIGHLY irresponsible to be acting this way when this is happening. This is not a stab at Chinese people for buying Chinese food but rather it is a possibility they have relatives.

As for your girlfriend, just let her know you're just prepping for a couple of weeks. The rest of your prepping, do it secretly.
    Buy an extra or two every time you shop for something (when she's with you shopping).
    If your prepping stands out when she's with you, she could likely mention it to others (by way of criticism, or as a joke).
    Be discreet around her. Find a good place to hide the stockpile.

Alright guys I know some of you know a little about whats going on and have offered some excellent advice.

Tomorrow morning my girlfriend plans on going with her two parents who both have underlying health issues " diabetes and respiratory etc"to a 7 year olds birthday party at an OLD FOLKS CENTER.

Then plans on turning around and going to a baby shower. I have no idea how this is going to be allowed

Im conflicted, i told her I may leave to go hunker down in another spot and she started crying telling me things like " i know you're already going to leave me" out of being scared and desperate.

Im not sure if its her parents telling her to disregard the attention this situation demands so she is not afraid

Or

The messages i seen her cousin send her saying " does he not know its less that the flu?"

I have tried explaining it clearly but damn she refuses to reason.

Thanks for all the great information guys i really do.

Have a SAFE and well regulated day.

W.E

Quote Originally Posted by charito View Post
    Great information indeed.

I have added a ton of water in a very short period of time i am confident the water will last a typical lock in but still have work to be done.

I just do not understand, i believe this is due to incomplete transparency from state and fed gov being not completely honest.

Places should have had acted with more urgency and aggression when cases were first noted. Imo.

Well, more coffee for me. I am reading all of this information and taking note.

Thanks, have a Safe and Well Regulated Day!

-W.E.
    Hi again.

Regarding coronavirus, have some medicines as you would with the common flu/colds and coughs (check the expiration date - that way, even if you don't have to use them, they'll still be good for several years).
    If you can, stock up on disinfectant spray and disinfectant wipes (for surfaces in common areas like washrooms).

Remove all toothbrushes and other personal hygiene items in your washroom (including towels). You don't want anyone sneezing on them while in there.

Our students each have their own basket of their own personal items - including their own toothpaste/mouthwash - which they keep in their rooms (only to be taken with them to the washroom when they groom or shower). We hang our towels in our rooms.
    Our washroom shelves are empty except for supplies of toilet paper which are still in their packaging, and a can of disinfectant spray.
    The sink holds a hand soap. We use toilet paper to wipe our hands - no hand towels in there.

Also plan how the procedures will be in case one of you gets it or show symptoms. We had a family meeting over this scenario.

If someone shows a symptom, they'll have to wear a mask every time they come out of their room, and anywhere while they are out of their room for any special reason (and the fan in the washroom has to be on).
    He'll sanitize his hands with a hand sanitizer that's provided BEFORE he comes out of his room.
    He won't be touching that fridge or go anywhere in the kitchen - one of us will be prepping his meals and he'll eat in his room.

They've already prepped for their junk food! [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.prepperforums.net/forum/images/smilies/vs_laugh.gif[/IMG]

I suppose hubby and I will be hanging out in the basement (rec room) most of the time.

We're losing a student over his scheduled visit to what's becoming a hot spot, for March break to visit his girlfriend.
    It's a tough decision after all, he's a nice kid.
    He's paid for everything already (including hotel) - but, unfortunately, we have to change our decision because things are getting bad in that place.
    He offered to self-isolate in a hotel after his March Break - but we can't take that risk.
    We told him he can't come back to us.

Yeah i have been stocking up on vitamins and have some medicines i didnt finish from my past like ibuprofen, motrin and such. I have been taking my once a day vitamin and mentally i feel better.

I wished at my place people would want to be on the same page as all of you but for some reason people around me are completely disregarding safety protocol.

Im sure its about money, but from what I read this virus is killing the economy.

"In the better-case scenario, the COVID-19 epidemic would reduce U.S. GDP by 2 percent or about $420 billion. In the worse-case scenario, GDP would drop by more than 8 percent, that is, $1.8 trillion dollars."
    charito likes this.

No.

Because I chose my girlfriend and then my wife wisely.

But first, one question if I may?

Does your girlfriend live in the same house as you?

I know why .... because she is an immature idiot.
    Slippy likes this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links