Could you help me with a short term prepping plan, no one in my family seems to care. - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Could you help me with a short term prepping plan, no one in my family seems to care.

This is a discussion on Could you help me with a short term prepping plan, no one in my family seems to care. within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by Wounded Eagle Hey yall, i got a wicked research paper on the " Origin " of the SARS CVID 19 virus from ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Could you help me with a short term prepping plan, no one in my family seems to care.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Eagle View Post
    Hey yall, i got a wicked research paper on the " Origin " of the SARS CVID 19 virus from a reddit source. Wanna see?

"There’s research papers about it. When I get home, I’ll post the titles and links to the papers.

But the article where I found these papers is this:

https://jameslyonsweiler.com/2020/01...s-wuhan-china/

There’s citations that link to other sources. Definitely worth the read."
    I started to disregard until I saw recombination.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Can you just recite the cliff notes version in two or three sentences?

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dwight55 View Post
    Can you just recite the cliff notes version in two or three sentences?

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Better you read.
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Come on guys, stop telling Wounded Eagle to ditch his lady. Many of our ladies are at a different mental state about prepping than we are and simply tolerate our prepping habits to keep peace in the house.

Wounded Eagle, Start by keeping at least 2-3 weeks of easy to fix food that will last years in the pantry along with water and the ability to purify more water. Add lot's of spices and coffee ect. Build up from there. Add a way to cook stuff like a tiny propane camping stove with two 20 lb barbeque grill type propane tanks or a good rocket stove that burns sticks. Most people on sites like this site keep a bit more than 2 weeks worth of supplies and broaden out the mixture of supplies as they plan for longer term events.

Start with rice, beans, and pasta with different canned sauces and lots of spices. Stuff that will keep for years. Figure on 2000 calories per day per person as a minimum. This advice is just if you're looking to get through a 2-3 week self-quarantine period but is a good start for any prepping mindset. Don't forget any common OTC meds you may want along with toilet paper ect. Enough to get through a few weeks stuck at the house.

You can get a lot more serious with more supplies, fuel, batteries, ect. but it sounds like you're just looking for a bit of safety if you need to stay at the house for a few weeks.
    Last edited by Elvis; 03-07-2020 at 11:14 PM.
    Slippy, Denton, SOCOM42 and 2 others like this.

The article on the virus origin........ that’s some scary shit.

Everyone saying “don’t worry about corona”, that’s cool. Except if the virus itself isn’t that bad, ( which I believe it’s much worse than reports indicate) there are the social consequences that are accompanying it. What’s a prepper gonna do when they can’t continue stocking up as usual? Then it’s not a luxury, it’s a necessity. The shortage from panic buying can literally force you to start using your stockpiles. Bullet sales in my state went up 108 percent total. The masks and gloves shelves at Walmart are empty, I see folks buying 6 and 7 cases of water at a time now regularly. Just saying but when shit runs out, the fear of corona can easily cause a degree of social unrest. Take any natural disaster, amplify it by an undetermined area of effect. Pay attention to everything. It all matters. You should explain things that you’re worried about to your girlfriend. Do the research. Use facts. And explain that you are worried for yourself AND her safety. Just my opinion.
    charito likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    I'll second what @Robie said

And, I'll help you with a comprehensive long term preparedness plan.

Being prepared is not just for some health scare that we have with the CO-VID-19. Being prepared is a total lifestyle change. Its having your total needs met with Shelter, Water, Food, Medical, Security and Comfort.

Its having the right tools for the job and then some. Its having some extra money in the bank, extra food in the pantry, extra toilet paper, extra bandaids, extra bullets, extra rifles, etc etc etc. I like to call it a Journey with No Destination, but a Journey none the less.

If your family is not supportive or is a roadblock to being prepared then distance yourself from anyone who is a roadblock on your journey. If your girlfriend is going to be a hinderance and potential a royal bitch about your Journey, get a new one. Yeah, she may have a vagina, I get it, but Bitches be a dime a dozen so get you a new one that will support her man. Life's short but life is really freakin' short with some bitch constantly messing with your mind just because she has a vagina.

Shelter, Water, Food, Medical, Security and Comfort are things to focus on.

And remember, all the medicine, bleach, masks, food, water and shelter don't mean shit if you can't defend it.

Good luck and hope to hear more from you on the forum!

Your new friend,

Slippy!
    Slippy....
    you are a poet...
    well said
    Slippy and Denton like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BamaDOC View Post
    Slippy....
    you are a poet...
    well said
    Careful. Slippy has a hard time getting his big head through doorways as it is.
    BamaDOC and Slippy like this.
    Dr. Gregory House

Edit.

I do not feel safe.

I cant sleep.
    He edited his OP ^^
    Hmmm......
    Denton, hawgrider and Slippy like this.
    Ready. You?

Super Moderator

Edit.

I do not feel safe.

I cant sleep.
    Never, ever, edit a post after others have responded to it. Do it t again and not being at this site might help you sleep.
    Dr. Gregory House

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links