Las Vegas Shelves EMPTY of Water, Rice, Cans - the way people were behaving! - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Las Vegas Shelves EMPTY of Water, Rice, Cans - the way people were behaving!

This is a discussion on Las Vegas Shelves EMPTY of Water, Rice, Cans - the way people were behaving! within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Wife was at our local Walmart this morning and got the next to last big thing of TP. Shelves were running low or empty of ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Las Vegas Shelves EMPTY of Water, Rice, Cans - the way people were behaving!

Wife was at our local Walmart this morning and got the next to last big thing of TP. Shelves were running low or empty of certain things, like ramen noodles.

Last week's grocery shopping was the exact same as every other week. Then there were 2 confirmed cases of c-19. This week the things that are now consistently sold out are tp, 10kg+ bags of white flour, powdered milk and hand sanitizer. Everything else is pretty normal.

I work in a big food distribution warehouse. As employees we are now no longer allowed to purchase rice or water from the warehouse, both of which are still readily available at every grocery store.

Raise the limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Why are you buying water?? At this point in time you could just store tap water. Food grade 55 gal drums are a lot cheaper and easier to store then 1 gal jugs.
    Exactly - We already have a supply of water on hand and I prefer bulk storage anyway.
    For the current crisis, I don't anticipate water supplies being cut off so why all the panic water buying?
    Semper ubi sub ubi

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by NKAWTG View Post
    Exactly - We already have a supply of water on hand and I prefer bulk storage anyway.
    For the current crisis, I don't anticipate water supplies being cut off so why all the panic water buying?
    The answer is in your question. People are panic buying rather than using their heads, analyzing the situation, and buying what they're actually going to need.
    BamaDOC, NKAWTG and Slippy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by paulag1955 View Post
    The answer is in your question. People are panic buying rather than using their heads, analyzing the situation, and buying what they're actually going to need.
    amen... spot on paulag
    NKAWTG likes this.

I prefer a good panic now and then

keeps the blood flowing
    Be a Berean

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    I prefer a good panic now and then

keeps the blood flowing
    I'da rather had a global EMP - but that's just me.
    Renec and Slippy like this.
    Vanished, into the mist.

I saw my dentist at Walmart yesterday. He was loading up on cleaning supplies for his office. I asked him if he could still get masks and he told me his last order was cut in half but at least he did get some of his order.

You think the behavior is bad now? Wait until no supplies are around. The people that did nothing or have zero preps will freak out. It's not even that bad out right now. Only 2K cases-ish in the country? Great resource here: infection2020.com. I LOVE this COVID 19 resource.

Wait until 20K or 200K cases... Good thing you went out today to get final stuff. That's what we're going to do today.
    Slippy and NewRiverGeorge like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ContagionPrepper View Post
    You think the behavior is bad now? Wait until no supplies are around. The people that did nothing or have zero preps will freak out. It's not even that bad out right now. Only 2K cases-ish in the country? Great resource here: infection2020.com. I LOVE this COVID 19 resource.

Wait until 20K or 200K cases... Good thing you went out today to get final stuff. That's what we're going to do today.
    That'll be in less than a week..or however soon this new Walmart drive-thru testing results are reported and made public.
    Toilet paper battles today - FOOD tomorrow.
    Vanished, into the mist.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links