The virus. - Page 6
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

The virus.

This is a discussion on The virus. within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by MountainGirl Wait. What?? How is media hype an example of governmental incompetence? Looks like we're talking about two different things, Denton, but ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: The virus.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Wait. What??
    How is media hype an example of governmental incompetence?
    Looks like we're talking about two different things, Denton, but no matter.
    As my assertions are now deemed continued and relentless... I can fix that easily enough.
    Ah, media hype. I didn’t catch that angle.
    I haven’t seen media hype. I’ve seen them report on it but that’s it. At first, there was little reporting.
    To me, when they yap about the virus, they aren’t yapping about Bernie and Joe.

I do find it interesting that I am seeing a lot of ads about masks and plate carriers, though.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Robie View Post
    You didn't ask me but i will answer....NOPE.
    You should. We give governments too much credit. Yes, there are agendas but there are also screw-ups.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Some basic numbers. The numbers for Covid-19 are early numbers using a study China did on 54,000 people.

The average person who has the flu transmits it to 3.4 people. The average person who has Covid-19 transmits it to 3.2 people. Basically the same transmission rate.

If you catch the normal flu you have a .1% chance of dying. If you catch Covid-19 you have a 3.4% chance of dying although early numbers from other countries show it closer to 2%. In China people aged 50-59 die at about 3%. Younger people do much better. People over 80 die about 14% of the time. Covid-19 is 20 - 30 times more deadly than the normal flu.

83% of people who get Covid-19 have normal flu like symptoms or few symptoms at all. 17% of people get sick enough to require medical help.

If you're basically healthy and under 60 years old Covid-19 is scary but not worth freaking out about. But if you've got other health problems, especially if you're over 60, I'd begin to prepare to stay close to the house for a long time.
    Last edited by Elvis; 03-07-2020 at 10:18 PM.
    BamaDOC and Denton like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

So much false information here. Key information to know. Covid19 has an infection rate several times that of influenza. It will infect many more people than ithe flu. The serious cases are about 15-20% of those infected, the critical cases are about 5% of those infected. The mortality rate is about 2-4% as long as all serious and critical infected are getting professional hospital care. Well before this peeks, the hospitals will be full of severe and critical cases. Then the mortality rate jumps to 15-18% . The number of critical cases alone are many times more than our hospitals can care for.

All that is just calculating the first wave. When the reinfection are under way, the infection rates increase and so does the mortality rate. This continues over and over again. There will not be any vaccine that works against Convid19, to treat it will require a cocktail of antivirals that will need to be taken routinely, much like what's needed to treat Aids.

This will spread slow and continuous, expodentialy. It will slowly get worse and then all of a sudden its half the country infected, then the next couple days it explodes and is all over the entire country.
    Annie and Denton like this.

The above two posts are giving very different statistics for the same virus. So where are they getting their info? This is what I mean. We are being bombarded with tons of information and a great deal of it is contradictory. So if we don’t have accurate information we can’t make good decisions. And I personally don’t trust any of the talking heads because most have proven to either have an agenda or are just plain incompetent. I understand the data out of China is bogus. But this virus has been outside China long enough that there should be some accurate data available now. Maybe preliminary, but reasonably accurate. Conspiracy? I doubt it. Incompetence? Yes! And some using the illness to advance an agenda? ABSOLUTELY!

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rellgar View Post
    So much false information here. Key information to know. Covid19 has an infection rate several times that of influenza. It will infect many more people than ithe flu. The serious cases are about 15-20% of those infected, the critical cases are about 5% of those infected. The mortality rate is about 2-4% as long as all serious and critical infected are getting professional hospital care. Well before this peeks, the hospitals will be full of severe and critical cases. Then the mortality rate jumps to 15-18% . The number of critical cases alone are many times more than our hospitals can care for.

All that is just calculating the first wave. When the reinfection are under way, the infection rates increase and so does the mortality rate. This continues over and over again. There will not be any vaccine that works against Convid19, to treat it will require a cocktail of antivirals that will need to be taken routinely, much like what's needed to treat Aids.

This will spread slow and continuous, expodentialy. It will slowly get worse and then all of a sudden its half the country infected, then the next couple days it explodes and is all over the entire country.
    All people have to do is look at China. Look at Italy and Iran. Don't panic, just prepare, right? In a way it almost doesn't matter whether the virus was orchestrated by purely evil Illuminati NWO or if it is just some natural disaster. There's nothing we can do about it either way. It's out, so we just have to deal.

The supermarket was just about out of bleach and hand sanitizer yesterday. When the toilet paper disappears and other necessities are gone off the shelves and there's no replacements rolling in on the trucks, it'll start to get more real. Hunker down.

Stay away from the crowds. Have a plan if someone in your home gets sick. Don't worry about neighbors coming for your food. Hang a quarantine sign on you door.
    Last edited by Annie; 03-08-2020 at 06:57 AM.
    St. Michael the Archangel,
    defend us in battle.
    Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
    and do thou,
    O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan,
    and all the evil spirits,
    who prowl about the world
    seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen

Super Moderator

EMPTY PORTS? Supply Chain Breaks - Prepare Now [RAW]

"Ya'll better buy what ya'll gotta buy 'cause this is the real deal."

SHARE THIS Raw footage from the port of LA -- where containers are NOT flowing in as shipping is shut down -- and hear the driver's own thoughts and recommendations, which mirror mine own: PREPARE for shortages and a "limited collapse." See "SHIPPING SHUTDOWN" for the DATA on the reefer/container shortage, $1bil/week hit to shipping, and food shortages looming:
    Denton likes this.
    St. Michael the Archangel,
    defend us in battle.
    Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
    and do thou,
    O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
    by the power of God,
    thrust into hell Satan,
    and all the evil spirits,
    who prowl about the world
    seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Sponsored Links