The virus. - Page 4
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

The virus.

This is a discussion on The virus. within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by rstanek Your right, but it’s the only numbers that we have to work with currently that may be close to being accurate ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: The virus.

Quote Originally Posted by rstanek View Post
    Your right, but it’s the only numbers that we have to work with currently that may be close to being accurate , I guess as time goes on a more accurate percentage will appear.....and we have to start somewhere.....
    Why? What is it exactly that we have to start?
    SGG likes this.
    Vanished, into the mist.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rellgar View Post
    Your missing a decimal point. Its .1 not 1 for flu mortality rate, so covid19 would be over 30 times more deadly than flu, using those numbers.
    Thanks.
    Rose: Old man, you give those dogs another piece of my food and Iím gonna kick you ítil youíre dead!--Moonstruck

Hidden Content

Super Moderator

Some cock-sure people running around, I see.

I know that we donít know a lot. I know that China freaked out over it like theyíve never done over influenza. I know the rest of the world has blown a gasket over it. Considering all the nations who are reacting with extreme caution, I donít think it is to take out the U.S.

The main thing I know is that I will respond to this as I do any respiratory illness. Thatís all I know to do. Idiots texting and driving worry me more than this virus.
    Smitty901, rstanek and SGG like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Why? What is it exactly that we have to start?
    A starting point to accurately determine the mortality rate, what would that be?

I keep reading different percentages, so nobody really knows.....factoid...56000 people died last year from flu and flu like viruses, would that be a pandemic? That’s just in the US.....
    Chiefster23 likes this.

A starting point to accurately determine the mortality rate, what would that be?
    I keep reading different percentages, so nobody really knows.....factoid...56000 people died last year from flu and flu like viruses, would that be a pandemic? That’s just in the US.....
    I get that - but how would our knowing the mortality rate affect or change what we do?
    Say it was 30%. Do we panic more than if it was 2.0%? Do we prep more? Do we do anything different?
    If we do... then we've given control over our actions to those who control the numbers.
    If they want panic...the rate will be upped. If they want clueless sheep...the rate will be reduced.
    My point is - even if you trust the numbers you're told, it shouldn't matter to what our choices/actions would be.
    Or should it? Maybe I'm missing something.

As of 1 min ago - confirmed cases in the US are 401; 17 deaths; 8 recovered.
    Global: 105,820 confirmed cases; 3,558 deaths; 58,354 recovered
    (Johns Hopkins interactive app)
    Last edited by MountainGirl; 03-07-2020 at 03:33 PM.
    Inor likes this.
    Vanished, into the mist.

[QUOTE=MountainGirl;1981341]I get that - but how would our knowing the mortality rate affect or change what we do?
    Say it was 30%. Do we panic more than if it was 2.0%? Do we prep more? Do we do anything different?
    If we do... then we've given control over our actions to those who control the numbers.
    If they want panic...the rate will be upped. If they want clueless sheep...the rate will be reduced.
    My point is - even if you trust the numbers you're told, it shouldn't matter to what our choices/actions would be.
    Or should it? Maybe I'm missing something.

As of 1 min ago - confirmed cases in the US are 401; 17 deaths; 8 recovered.
    Global: 105,820 confirmed cases; 3,558 deaths; 58,354 recovered
    (Johns Hopkins interactive app)
    [/QUOTE

I personally wouldn’t do anything different right now, but outside circumstances may change that, for instance, I talked with our Village Administration about disaster preparations, no plan locally in place , it would be determined by the state, quarantine for example. I would do my best to isolate myself and family. We do have a place to go away from the population. Again it depends on how bad it gets, that would be a judgment call on my part, hopefully to stay ahead of the game. As for now it’s a matter of keeping my cool about my stock investments tanking, it’s not a deal breaker but it is cause for concern, I blame the media for that. To the point, I’ve prepared as much as I can and still maintain a normal routine, just have to be vigilant....I hoped that explains it a little better....
    Denton and MountainGirl like this.

I personally wouldn’t do anything different right now, but outside circumstances may change that, for instance, I talked with our Village Administration about disaster preparations, no plan locally in place , it would be determined by the state, quarantine for example. I would do my best to isolate myself and family. We do have a place to go away from the population. Again it depends on how bad it gets, that would be a judgment call on my part, hopefully to stay ahead of the game. As for now it’s a matter of keeping my cool about my stock investments tanking, it’s not a deal breaker but it is cause for concern, I blame the media for that. To the point, I’ve prepared as much as I can and still maintain a normal routine, just have to be vigilant....I hoped that explains it a little better....
    It does, it does indeed. Thanks for the conversation!
    Vanished, into the mist.

Even this whacked out Liberal Trump hater aint buying the BS .

"Bill Maher says coronavirus 'overreactions' making him 'sick': 'People die! That's what happens in life!'"

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...er-coronavirus

"The HBO star then listed off statistics of "the regular flu" and how 517 people were killed from it "this season" in California.

"If that was on TV every day, I'd assume we'd be freaking out," he said, adding later that "61,000" people were killed by the flu last year."
    Last edited by Smitty901; 03-07-2020 at 05:24 PM.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Even this whacked out Liberal Trump hater aint buying the BS .

"Bill Maher says coronavirus 'overreactions' making him 'sick': 'People die! That's what happens in life!'"

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...er-coronavirus

"The HBO star then listed off statistics of "the regular flu" and how 517 people were killed from it "this season" in California.

"If that was on TV every day, I'd assume we'd be freaking out," he said, adding later that "61,000" people were killed by the flu last year."
    On the other hand, influenza isnít treated like this. What if the KungFlu were handled like the flu or the common cold? What would the death-numbers look like?
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links