The virus. - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

The virus.

This is a discussion on The virus. within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; The WHO is estimating 3.4% death rate for c-19. The flu has a death rate of something like a little more than 1%. (edit for ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: The virus.

Super Moderator

The WHO is estimating 3.4% death rate for c-19. The flu has a death rate of something like a little more than 1%. (edit for correction: it's .1% thanks, @Rellgar for catching my little booboo) 35,500,000 people were infected with the flu during the 2018-2019 flu season (CDC). There's just so much we don't know about covid 19. It's entirely new. Right now we have 101,923 cases to date, but I really suspect China is fudging their actual numbers.

It's my understanding that people can be carriers of c-19 for up to 27 days and appear perfectly healthy. It's also my understanding that c-19 can survive on surfaces for up to 9 days. (info on that is from Peak Prosperity's YouTube Channel).

Given all that, this thing could get wicked bad. The CDC should be advising everyone wear masks. That would greatly reduce the number of germs being spread via droplets. In South Korea, they're doing a really aggressive job of testing people. They've got these testing stations in parking lots where people can drive up and get tested without having to leave the car. I think they're gonna catch this thing. We need to follow suit and get more aggressive in containing the number of cases.

Here in the Northern hemisphere we're lucky to be moving into the warmer weather, but since the virus is new we don't really know if it'll react to the warmer weather the same way as other viruses do. Hopefully it'll slow it down. Of course the Southern hemisphere is going into their winter, so we'll have to see what happens there. If we can skate by for the next month or so, hopefully we'll get a break. Then we can really crank it up preparedness-wise and get ready for the winter 'cause it'll probably be worse then.

100 years ago the Spanish Flu killed primarily senior citizens in the first wave. That's easy to understand given that the body breaks down and immune systems become weakened. But the next winter season saw mostly the young killed, because their immune systems are strong and they over-reacted to the virus.

Have a plan for what to do should one of your family members catch this thing. They need to be quarantined, preferably in a bathroom. If you can fit a bed or recliner in there, it would be the best option, imo. pull everything out, no rugs, pictures etc. Turn off the central heat if your house has air ducts. Get a hazmat suit, etc and sterilize the infected room once a day. The infected person will have access to water and toilet and can take showers. You can leave soup outside the door for them. Sterilize the heck out of everything. I saw a Chinese guy do pretty much all of this for his sick wife. It was on a YouTube channel. It looked like she was getting better. Now I can't find it. I'm afraid it may have been taken down.
    Last edited by Annie; 03-07-2020 at 11:57 AM.
    Rose: Old man, you give those dogs another piece of my food and Iím gonna kick you ítil youíre dead!--Moonstruck

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    The WHO is estimating 3.4% death rate for c-19. The flu has a death rate of something like a little more than 1%. 35,500,000 people were infected with the flu during the 2018-2019 flu season (CDC). There's just so much we don't know about covid 19. It's entirely new. Right now we have 101,923 cases to date, but I really suspect China is fudging their actual numbers.
    When we hear the reporting we need to listen to the words used. I always hear the term "tested positive" unlike when they talk about the flu as "suffering from" I think the death rate is much lower probably in line with the flu because I would bet there are many people that have it and just treat it like the flu, get rest and fluids and only the severe cases end up in hospital and reported. As well they probably do not want to deal with all the bullshit associated with having carona

This is a political and media hyped illness. Don't get me wrong it is serious to some, but to shut the world down because of it makes me think there is something more sinister behind it. Look at all the money, with no accounting, that has been earmarked already. 40 cases in NY and Cuomo earmarks 40 mil, for what. The feds have put billions into play. There will be no accounting for this when it is over.

Did you ever ask yourself why the world is not shut down and quarantined when flu season starts. Get the flu on a cruise ship, oh well, go home get some rest drink plenty of fluids. Oh and the rest of you passengers. Just go back to your homes and spread it around, the buffet is open.

15 million flu cases in US alone this season. 100,000 carona illnesses world wide. The World Health Organization estimates that 290,000 to 650,000 die yearly from influenza, yet the world stays open for business, and the kids go to school.

Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but once the shelves are empty and the people get angry then the guns will come out and for our own good they will be confiscated

al
    MountainGirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by agmccall View Post

15 million flu cases in US alone this season. 100,000 carona illnesses world wide. The World Health Organization estimates that 290,000 to 650,000 die yearly from influenza, yet the world stays open for business, and the kids go to school.

Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but once the shelves are empty and the people get angry then the guns will come out and for our own good they will be confiscated

al
    That may be part of it, yes. Good news is - they'll fail.

Quote Originally Posted by rstanek View Post
    Would not be surprised by it being biologically engineered, It is - the center strand of RNA proves that. but nobody is going to expose the ďsmoking gunĒ . If it be so ,many would be implicated, but, not enough proof to call it that. It just seems to me that this virus is somewhat different but it hasnít infected or killed as many as our mainstream flu viruses, Yet. Still early days. that I know of, I still think the media is driving this to been extreme as to intentionally collapse the economy for political purposes..That's part of it, but there's so much more. ...JMO, Iím in no way an expert on this.....
    Something occurred to me while watching PBS last night. The hour long guests were expounding on how this crisis was going to hurt America because there is no health care for all, or money to compensate workers who have to stay home, and that it's time to change everything so the people are protected.

IMO - Whether the bio-engineered CoVid19 was intentionally released or not - this situation is the perfect set-up to destroy America. Not the country - but the Idea of America as a strong and independent nation based on individual responsibility and freedom. One World Order cant happen with America strong. Ever wonder why Trump is so hated? He embodies the Idea of America - that stands in the way of globalists.

The more disruptive this "crisis" becomes (whether warranted or not) the better the odds for a nation-wide internal collapse - and demands for change coming from the population. And that, imo, is the underlying purpose of the hype.
    Chiefster23 and Robie like this.
    Vanished, into the mist.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

@agmccall , I hope you're right. I really do. We know this is more contagious than the flu. We've just got to prepare, not panic. We need to be ready in case one of our loved ones gets this thing. Mentally ready with a plan. I don't want to over speculate, I'm just stepping up me preps while I have the time; putting more water back and putting a stop to any unnecessary spending so if we have to hunker down I can pay our bills. We're pulling a little out of savings for that reason.

If it turns out to be not so bad, guess what? I'm gonna be a happy girl, ya know? But I'm not betting the farm on it, so to speak.
    Denton likes this.
    Rose: Old man, you give those dogs another piece of my food and Iím gonna kick you ítil youíre dead!--Moonstruck

Hidden Content

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post

Something occurred to me while watching PBS last night. The hour long guests were expounding on how this crisis was going to hurt America because there is no health care for all, or money to compensate workers who have to stay home, and that it's time to change everything so the people are protected.

IMO - Whether the bio-engineered CoVid19 was intentionally released or not - this situation is the perfect set-up to destroy America. Not the country - but the Idea of America as a strong and independent nation based on individual responsibility and freedom. One World Order cant happen with America strong. Ever wonder why Trump is so hated? He embodies the Idea of America - that stands in the way of globalists.

The more disruptive this "crisis" becomes (whether warranted or not) the better the odds for a nation-wide internal collapse - and demands for change coming from the population. And that, imo, is the underlying purpose of the hype.
    I agree, but Iím banking on the masses that are prepared to be mostly self sufficient will keep the globalization at bay, Iím not wishful thinking, we set our minds to this we can keep America and the freedoms we cherish, we just canít fear sacrifice, others made the sacrifice for us, itís up to us to keep it for our families and their family, etc....

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post

Tinfoily speaking....

If the Mueller report would have worked...no need for the virus.

If the impeachment would have worked...no need for the virus.

None of those worked and it appears Trump will win a second term.

Release the virus.
    rstanek and MountainGirl like this.
    "Orwell's Animal Farm, and 1984 were supposed to be warnings, not instruction manuals."

ďA great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself withinĒ

― Will Durant

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Robie View Post
    Tinfoily speaking....

Release the virus.
    Post of the day!!!!!!!”
    MountainGirl and Robie like this.

Universities, never pass up a chance for paid time off. Virus cancel classes party time.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/coronavir...online-classes
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by rstanek View Post
    I agree, but I’m banking on the masses that are prepared to be mostly self sufficient will keep the globalization at bay, I’m not wishful thinking, we set our minds to this we can keep America and the freedoms we cherish, we just can’t fear sacrifice, others made the sacrifice for us, it’s up to us to keep it for our families and their family, etc....
    I'd agree 100% except for one little thing.
    Look what we failed to 'keep at bay' already.
    Massive fed/state gov regulations, unconstitutional 2A laws, almost total dependence on foreign sources/supplies..
    Keeping America is like keeping the peace. You have to have it before you can 'keep' it.
    rstanek likes this.
    Vanished, into the mist.

Quote Originally Posted by Robie View Post
    Tinfoily speaking....

Release the virus.
    Yep. It's not just the Dems/DeepState that needs him gone.
    Vanished, into the mist.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links