Surviving a Pandemic in Canada - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Surviving a Pandemic in Canada

This is a discussion on Surviving a Pandemic in Canada within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by MountainGirl which hashtag would be good to follow? thanks I've been following the word "virus" or "Italy virus" I'm not using any ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Surviving a Pandemic in Canada

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    which hashtag would be good to follow? thanks
    I've been following the word "virus" or "Italy virus"
    I'm not using any #s. I don't believe everything I see but there are sometimes doctors in the country tweeting.

Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    MountainGirl likes this.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Slippy Hidden Content
    (Slippy is happy that Mish is the daughter he is glad he never had)
    "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken." Tyler Durden
    #mishyloveshersometequila

Canada will be the hardest hit by the Virus... with most of the population gathering at least weekly at a hockey game or Timmy hortons... once the first case hits it will flame through the population like a wildfire in through as hockey stick factory.
    Slippy likes this.
    Be a Berean

Canada is getting shut down by a few idiot eco terrorists blocking railways and you think your power will stay on during a full on pandemic type event?

Quebec has been a net drain on Canada since confederation, if a pandemic is going to hit us, my hope is it starts in the GTA and heads east at a break neck speed.

Raise the limits.
    Inor and Slippy like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MountainGirl View Post
    Hi SurvivalistBuilder, and belated welcome to the forum.

It might be a good idea to NOT rely on anything, especially your power staying on. The grid might be stable, but if people panic harm can come to the system. Regarding bugging out to a farm... not sure that would work. The farmer will keep/defend his food supply for himself and his family, especially with "hot hungry hordes" nearby or within "bug-out reach" so his willingness to sell you food would probably be non-existent - and, depending on the circumstances, you might get shot as you approach his property.

I'm not trying to shoot down your ideas, and hopefully eventually you'll come up with some workable options. Good luck!
    So what would you do to prepare if you were in Montreal?

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivalistBuilder View Post
    Put back huge amounts of smoked meat and supplies for poutine! I firmly believe that poutine may be one of the fundamental building blocks of life in the universe. And life ain't worth living without smoked meat sammiches!

In all seriousness, drive 30 miles (40KM for you) outside Montreal and meet up with some of your local farmers. They grow organic, non-GMO and do it the old way. It tastes better and it is FAR better for you. Those guys are freakin' awesome! Beyond that, just avoid large crowds.

In countries with 1st world medical care, the fatality rate for Coronavirus is less than 1%. In China it is about 4%, in Iran, about 19%. Draw your own conclusions.
    Slippy likes this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

For you? What Inor said ^^
    For me? I dont live in a city or town - so I have nothing to add.
    Vanished, into the mist.

Quote Originally Posted by Inor View Post

In all seriousness, drive 30 miles (40KM for you) outside Montreal and meet up with some of your local farmers. They grow organic, non-GMO and do it the old way. It tastes better and it is FAR better for you. Those guys are freakin' awesome! Beyond that, just avoid large crowds.
    Meet up with local farmers and do what? Stay there? When would you leave to do so? and how willing will they be to sell you food?

Meet up with local farmers and do what? Stay there? When would you leave to do so? and how willing will they be to sell you food?
    Know how to shovel cow poop?

Surviving a Pandemic in Canada-1-manure.png

There is ALWAYS work to do on a farm. My grandparents raised 11 kids during the depression on a farm. There was always work to do and they were never hungry

And farms have wonderful fringe benefits too!!!

Name:  1 farm girls.png
Views: 73
Size:  274.4 KB

Name:  no farms no farm girls.png
Views: 63
Size:  22.2 KB

I am sure they would be willing to sell food to you since that is how they make their money. There are bunches of farmer's markets and roadside vegetable markets all over southern Quebec. I have not traveled north of Quebec City or Montreal, but I would bet there are several north as well.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links