Just a little help for my male friends
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

This is a discussion on Just a little help for my male friends within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; OK, guys, . . . here's the scoop. As soon as your wife complains about her dryer making a loud squeaking sound, . . . ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Just a little help for my male friends

OK, guys, . . . here's the scoop.

As soon as your wife complains about her dryer making a loud squeaking sound, . . . go get 2 or three buckets of hand tools, . . . couple flashlights, . . . a hammer, . . . and a bottle of 80 weight oil with a squirter tube attached.

Pop the top off the dryer, . . . pull it out, . . . unplug it, . . . open it up, . . . vacuum it out, . . . bang on the back where it won't hurt with the hammer, . . . have your wife hand you at least 6 tools, . . . hand one back each time she gives you a new one. Don't let her see you put the tool into the dryer back, . . . it'll give it all away.

Then squirt about 6 drops of oil in the little hole in the dead center of the back, . . .it'll have black dust and oil around it to show you where it is.

Go get a doughnut and coffee, . . . look industriously at the book from cover to cover, . . .

Then go back and bang on it a couple more times, . . . put it back in place, . . . and go get another cup of coffee. If she asks, tell her, yeah you are done, . . . she may pick up the tools and vacuum the place while you are drinking that coffee.

The go back in and fire it up, . . . smiling that the screeching sound is gone.

You'll also be the hero of the year at your house.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.

If you can read, . . . thank a teacher.

If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I have been the "hero" bout 4 times so far....then actually had to replace that wheel. $10 part, and fairly easy...but the oil extends it about 3 months at a time. If I had a press I'd just get a new bearing and press it into the existing wheel (about a $5 fix)...but i'm lazy like that.
    bigwheel, Denton and dwight55 like this.

Lol, gotta love you long term married "dudes." Even when I was married it was never an easy fix. Lucky men should just appreciate being lucky. Lol.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Last time I did that with our dryer - that I just changed from natural to propane, I shorted out something and we had to buy a new one!

Peace,
    Michael J.
    dwight55 and 1skrewsloose like this.

Thanks Pastor Dwight,

Been lucky with Dryers unlucky with other stuff so I guess it all evens out in the end!

Any advice for married men of post menopausal women? Asking for a friend...
    Michael_Js and tuffy_chick_13 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Thanks Pastor Dwight,

Been lucky with Dryers unlucky with other stuff so I guess it all evens out in the end!

I find beef jerky work pretty well on Mrs Inor. If I say something wrong (like every time I open my mouth to say anything), I just give Mrs Inor a piece of beef jerky. Then I can usually get 1 or maybe even 2 sentences in before she tells me I am wrong.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Thanks Pastor Dwight,

Remember to tell her she's still beautiful.
    "Who is She that comes forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terrible as a army set in battle array?"

Yeah, I used to be mister fix it. These days, I call a guy and it's fixed in 20 minutes. Sure, I am out 200 bucks but I have a happy wife and I haven't spent all freakin day bitching and moaning while running back and forth getting parts for a damn dryer I should have replaced 2 years before. It's the same reason I don't work on my own cars anymore. Maybe I have more money then brains, or maybe I am just getting plain lazy in my old age, or both, but I am not spending my weekends under a car swearing or taking dryers apart no more.

Besides, these days the hero in my wife's life is her pain meds and her doctor, and I am cool with that. If I am to be the hero, I would have to follow her orders and assassinate every insurance company and healthcare system bureaucrat on the planet with extreme prejudice, I am cool with that as well.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Take a left by where that oak tree used to be
    My wife loves drama, when I fix something around the house, the more dramatic the better, I gives her a feeling that I actually accomplished something......

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    Remember to tell her she's still beautiful.
    And make sure you put the seat down

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    dwight55, 1skrewsloose and Annie like this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links