Virus Spread rate
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Virus Spread rate

This is a discussion on Virus Spread rate within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; a few days ago there were 20,000 reported cases today they announced 43,000 cases one news report was talking about "super Spreaders" - people that ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Virus Spread rate

Virus Spread rate

a few days ago there were 20,000 reported cases

today they announced 43,000 cases

one news report was talking about "super Spreaders" - people that are infecting multiply other people

unless they get things under control the rate of spread is looking bad..

worse case
    30 days 5,103,000 infected 60 days 15,309.000 120 days just under 40,000,000

another view
    30 days 168,000 60 days 1,344,000 120 days 2,688,000

currently the USA has cases in

Washingtin, Illinois, California, Massachusetts, Wisconsin, arizona....

NOW, ask your self... how did the case get to wisconsin.......AND how many people did that person contact on their way from china.. how many flight attendants, passengers, family members, taxi drivers, baggage handlers, security people...... do you think they did not infect anybody else????
    A Watchman and Slippy like this.
    Be a Berean

South of the Red River and North of the Rio Grande
    Ya know.. this whole virus things is kinda like watching the grass grow.. or maybe a slow motion train wreck. For us at least, it’s slow.

A friend wanted me to visit this month. That would require a plane flight. Not going to happen. I told him to wait a few weeks and see what materializes in the US. Well, it’s been a few week and not much. But I’m still going to wait a few more weeks and see what materializes. The longer this goes the more hopeful I am that the chicoms will get it handled and the rest of the world will address their cases.. and this will go the way of SARS.

Now with that said... I don’t trust a thing coming out of china regarding infection rate, recovery rate and death rate. I do also believe that this virus escaped from the Wuhan lab and “may” have been manufactured.. definitely tinkered with. Btw, tinkering is a medical term for all you layman...

I’m prepared just in case.
    Annie, Crunch, Slippy and 1 others like this.
    "Erosion of our rights just takes a few good men doing nothing"
    Who is John Galt?

The problem with 2019ncov is that it has done more damage in a quarter of the time of SARS or MERS. It surpassed their death tolls in just 2 months. A lot of folks saying “don’t believe the fear mongers” or blaming media coverage...I bet nobody was worried in 1918 but The flu killed millions. In a single year. I’m not great at math but each daily death toll rises by roughly 10 victims right now as far as I can tell. (89, 97,108, for three consecutive days) Producing those numbers for a year would be devastating. Just something I’ve been pondering.
    Maine-Marine, Slippy and Denton like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AccursedPoppy68 View Post
    The problem with 2019ncov is that it has done more damage in a quarter of the time of SARS or MERS. It surpassed their death tolls in just 2 months. A lot of folks saying “don’t believe the fear mongers” or blaming media coverage...I bet nobody was worried in 1918 but The flu killed millions. In a single year. I’m not great at math but each daily death toll rises by roughly 10 victims right now as far as I can tell. (89, 97,108, for three consecutive days) Producing those numbers for a year would be devastating. Just something I’ve been pondering.
    Another thing to ponder - in 1918 there wasn't the global (or even national) travel occurring like there is today... so the odds of someone in Omaha being exposed by someone from Seattle - was rather remote.
    BRING ALL TROOPS HOME NOW.

Super Moderator

A few things to remember here:

*The virus is not fatal to MOST people. If you're in fairly good health you'll most likely be fine should you get it. Elderly, children and people with immune problems are most at risk.

*The news media will try to scare people with talk of the Super Carrier and other stuff. All they care about is money, which means they need ratings. So they'll all try to outdo each other with the scare tactics.

*Keep your exposure potential down and you probably wont get it. No large crowds, malls, concerts, plane rides, etc.

Not saying we shouldn't stay vigilant and try to protect ourselves. But I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Crunch, Denton, Inor and 4 others like this.
    First you have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday you're going to die.

I don’t think we know yet “that the virus is not fatal to most people”. The information coming out of China is very suspect. We see lots of videos of people being rounded up and quarantined but I haven’t seen a single video of people recovering and being released. I haven’t seen a single report giving a hard number of folks recovering and returning home. We are only being fed the official chicom statistics of “2% fatalities”.

If you have an occupation dealing with the public in large quantity you can’t really avoid people. I’m in multiple Walmart’s and Kroger’s a day. Furthermore, I feel like 50m people don’t get quarantined as a scare tactic or publicity stunt.

today

infected 43,109
    dead 1018
    recovered 4065

these guys release a new video everyday

Chiefster23 likes this.
    Be a Berean

Just saw an update on FOX news now. The fatality rate for patients outside of China is actually less than 2% due to better testing and medical care.

Just a little perspective. Something to watch? Certainly. Nothing we should be in a panic over at this point.

Rank Epidemic Period In History Estimated Number of Deaths
    1 Plague of Justinian 541-542 100,000,000
    2 Black Plague 1346-1350 50,000,000
    3 HIV/AIDS 1960-present 39,000,000
    4 1918 Flu (Spanish Flu) 1918-1920 20,000,000
    5 Modern Plague 1894-1903 10,000,000
    6 Asian Flu 1957-1958 2,000,000
    7 Sixth Cholera Pandemic 1899-1923 1,500,000
    8 Russian Flu 1889-1890 1,000,000
    9 Hong Kong Flu 1968-1969 1,000,000
    10 Fifth Cholera Pandemic 1881-1896 981,899
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links