Virus Spread rate - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Virus Spread rate

This is a discussion on Virus Spread rate within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I still think (from what information I have received) if you are not very young, very old or otherwise in compromised health, you can get ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Virus Spread rate

I still think (from what information I have received) if you are not very young, very old or otherwise in compromised health, you can get it and not even need to spend time in the hospital. Full recovery. With that said, I know folks like drama....

Doctors Warn Coronavirus Could Infect 60-70% Of The World If Not Contained Soon…
    Doctors Warn Coronavirus Could Infect 60-70% Of The World If Not Contained Soon…

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    Just a little perspective. Something to watch? Certainly. Nothing we should be in a panic over at this point.

Rank Epidemic Period In History Estimated Number of Deaths
    1 Plague of Justinian 541-542 100,000,000
    2 Black Plague 1346-1350 50,000,000
    3 HIV/AIDS 1960-present 39,000,000
    4 1918 Flu (Spanish Flu) 1918-1920 20,000,000
    5 Modern Plague 1894-1903 10,000,000
    6 Asian Flu 1957-1958 2,000,000
    7 Sixth Cholera Pandemic 1899-1923 1,500,000
    8 Russian Flu 1889-1890 1,000,000
    9 Hong Kong Flu 1968-1969 1,000,000
    10 Fifth Cholera Pandemic 1881-1896 981,899
    I do not believe some of those numbers especially the HIV/AIDS number. Not saying that you are lying, just do not believe. The Spanish Flu during WWI killed more than that as well.
    Prepared One likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLion View Post
    I do not believe some of those numbers especially the HIV/AIDS number. Not saying that you are lying, just do not believe. The Spanish Flu during WWI killed more than that as well.
    You may be correct. I have seen varying numbers in various reports and articles. Reports can vary but the approximate numbers are staggering. This China thing has not risen to near the lethality that previous pandemics have in history.

I pulled these numbers from an article while doing some quick research.
    Last edited by Prepared One; 02-11-2020 at 02:16 PM.
    RedLion likes this.
    " All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: Freedom, Justice, Honor, Duty, Mercy, Hope" .Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Prepared One View Post
    You may be correct. I have seen varying numbers in various reports and articles. Reports can vary but the approximate numbers are staggering. This China thing has not risen to near the lethality that previous pandemics have in history.

I pulled these numbers from an article while doing some quick research.
    True my friend.
    Prepared One likes this.

Condition in China over crowed , food handling , sanitation ect make the number much higher and rate of spread much faster.
    Prepared One likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    a few days ago there were 20,000 reported cases

today they announced 43,000 cases

one news report was talking about "super Spreaders" - people that are infecting multiply other people

unless they get things under control the rate of spread is looking bad..

worse case
    30 days 5,103,000 infected 60 days 15,309.000 120 days just under 40,000,000

another view
    30 days 168,000 60 days 1,344,000 120 days 2,688,000

currently the USA has cases in

Washingtin, Illinois, California, Massachusetts, Wisconsin, arizona....

NOW, ask your self... how did the case get to wisconsin.......AND how many people did that person contact on their way from china.. how many flight attendants, passengers, family members, taxi drivers, baggage handlers, security people...... do you think they did not infect anybody else????

Have you folks seen the movie, "Contagion?"

It spreads faster all the more because people with coronavirus who don't show any signs or symptoms, are already contagious!
    Just look what's happening in a cruise ship docked in Japan. The rates are really moving fast even if the people are already quarantined.
    They've don't know if they'd had contact with anyone infected (before they got quarantined).

One thing for sure, you can't trust info from the Chinese government (and media).
    China is all about saving face - the government doesn't care about Chinese lives.

I heard from some source (I don't know how true it is) that there are at least 100 cremations a day in China - I presume Wuhan.
    That was about 4 days ago. Wuhan looks like a Ghost town - the people must know something that we don't.

Another thing too, CBC showed a video of a grocery stores that's almost empty of supplies. The guy showing it is a Canadian in Wuhan.
    He wanted to buy something before everything ran out.
    Why isn't it being replenished - why did it get to that stage of being almost empty?
    You'd think that suppliers (or even from government), wearing top-notch protective gears can easily replenish the supplies......
    are they gonna just let the citizens on their own?

Btw, it's in the news that somewhere in the USA, an infected person was accidentally released from the hospital!
    That's the kind of mistake that will be disastrous indeed!

We got plane loads of repatriates from China quarantined for 14 days - it's scary to think that incompetence and negligence
    could be our downfall!

My question: If asymptomatic people with coronavirus are apparently contagious (showing no signs of symptoms) -
    how do they know that 14 days is the magic number? That 14 days is all it takes?
    Last edited by charito; 02-12-2020 at 04:41 AM.

Well hats off to the US Government still at 13 cases while China went from 75 to 45,000 they reported.
    Smitty901 likes this.

I saw that report yesterday about the infected person here. The hospital they went to tested the wrong samples from different patients or something. I’m wondering how they got confused. You’d think as big a deal as this they would have a huge red flag on those specific samples to avoid this very thing happening.

Hmmm...plausible, me thinks...

The Bio-Weapon Theory of the China Epidemic
    https://www.wakingtimes.com/2020/02/...hina-epidemic/

Peace,
    Michael J.

Worth a read as you get down the page you get a real world look at how it works in China.

"Fourth, resources and public attention have concentrated on Wuhan, a city of 11 million, where the first cases of COVID-19 were reported. However, tens of millions more live in Wuhan’s surrounding province, Hubei, which is less equipped with healthcare services. To the extent uncounted cases exist in Wuhan, more uncounted cases exist in Wuhan’s exurbs."

"So when government authorities learned of Dr. Li’s discovery, they did not contain the virus. They contained Dr. Li, instead. He was arrested and forced to sign a false confession for spreading “rumors.” Officially, there was no virus."

"The party is generally insensitive to public health. Air pollution contributes to roughly 1.6 million deaths per year. About half the country’s water is too polluted to touch. Food poisoning is routine; infants have starved to death when their parents relied on counterfeit baby formula. Approximately a quarter-million people per year die in traffic accidents, partly because perverse incentives in tort law make it cheaper for a negligent driver to kill a pedestrian than to cripple one."

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/lew-...ituation-worse
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links