My Respiratory Virus kit (SARS,MERS, Swine flu, H5N1) - Page 7
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

My Respiratory Virus kit (SARS,MERS, Swine flu, H5N1)

This is a discussion on My Respiratory Virus kit (SARS,MERS, Swine flu, H5N1) within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Originally Posted by tuffy_chick_13 Ok all I see is a bunch of grown men bitching instead of stating facts that they found. I was hoping ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: My Respiratory Virus kit (SARS,MERS, Swine flu, H5N1)

Quote Originally Posted by tuffy_chick_13 View Post
    Ok all I see is a bunch of grown men bitching instead of stating facts that they found. I was hoping to learn about different types of masks but I guess this thread is useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Masks are sort of a difficult subject. From what I've read the surgical ones that are popular and now unavailable on amazon really don't prevent you from catching a respiratory illness but they do help keep you from spreading it. Actually if I recall correctly the CDC is recommending aggressive handwashing at this time and doesn't recommend masks.

It may be worthwhile to look into the N95/N99 dust masks as from what I've seen are still available and provide a greater layer of protection as they fit tighter to the face. Beyond that you may want to look into a half face respirator or gas mask, something NBC rated

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=n95+mask&ref=nb_sb_noss_1
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=n99+mask&ref=nb_sb_noss_1
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=half+face...c-pltr-v2_1_12
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=nbc+mask&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

I do have some of the loose fitting masks and N95 dust masks. I also have an Israeli gas mask with some NBC filters but I would need to shave in order to get a full seal on my face. Honestly things would have to get much worse for me to wear any of them in public but I do have them on the shelf, the N95's won't go bad and the NBC filters have a decent shelf life.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Super Moderator

Ok all I see is a bunch of grown men bitching instead of stating facts that they found. I was hoping to learn about different types of masks but I guess this thread is useless.

Actually, you’ve found good info if you wanted it.
    Watchman offered a link to respirators and suits. If you believe there is a serious threat and want real protection, that’s the way to go.
    The surgical masks you see people wearing? They aren’t designed to protect the wearer. They don’t seal out the environment. They are meant to block contamination from the wearer from being broadcasted. You’ll notice the signs in your doctor’s office that directs people with flu symptoms to wear a mask.
    There you have it.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

My Respiratory Virus kit (SARS,MERS, Swine flu, H5N1)

Thank you NotTooProudToHide and Denton for the information. I guess I will have to find a different thread for masks and such.

Denton and Slippy like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Thank you NotTooProudToHide and Denton for the information. I guess I will have to find a different thread for masks and such.

This should get you started reading up on the basic applications and types:

https://www.envirosafetyproducts.com...ifference.html
    https://www.coopersafety.com/respirator-types

If you are interested in a full NBC (nuclear, biological, chemical)mask:

Approved Gas Masks - NBC gas masks and gas mask safety supplies
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    This should get you started reading up on the basic applications and types:

https://www.envirosafetyproducts.com...ifference.html
    https://www.coopersafety.com/respirator-types

If you are interested in a full NBC (nuclear, biological, chemical)mask:

Approved Gas Masks - NBC gas masks and gas mask safety supplies
    I was poking around this morning and thought this wouldn't be a bad opportunity to discuss home first aid kits and general medical preps.

https://www.amazon.com/Rapid-Care-Fi...17&sr=8-9&th=1

I'm sure you could probably shop and find the contents of that kit cheaper but it looks a like a great starting point for a home first aid kit capable of handling most situations. It even includes masks.
    Denton and tuffy_chick_13 like this.
    Sic Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Yeah, I thought about moving it to the Ladies Section or splitting up the thread into various threads but I'm not a moderator, (HA that's a good one, Slippy the Moderator! ) we don't have a Ladies Section anymore, (the ladies got all worked up that some non-ladies were posting in the ladies only section, very tolerant of the ladies! )

Other than that I've enjoyed reading this thread which is a micro-cosim of society.

(Dang, sometimes I amaze myself and the 6 other knuckeheads who make up the Slippy Brand!)

Carry on...

Here is one recent thread re masks -

https://www.prepperforums.net/forum/survival-gear-reviews-questions/119629-suitable-mask-biological-protection.html

And if you type 'mask' in the site's search window.. there are discussions of masks in the recent coronovirus threads.
    tuffy_chick_13 likes this.
    BRING ALL TROOPS HOME NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by hawgrider View Post
    And Mr Colloidal silver guy you should at least thank me for posting your hand video that gave you some views.
    You're welcome and thanks for listening.
    Maybe you should read the comments you posted while I was looking for a good discussion. I actually work in a meat department and make extra helping produce guy unload truck. I don't have any concerns for another mans hands and would advise you do the same. Post my vid if you see the logic behind it and don't post if if you won't think it will help. I wanted to share a new idea that i believe will help and I got a bunch of comments I would expect from someone really young. I was trying to share what I think is a good idea nothing more, nothing less. I am not thankful for anything posting or lack of it. I see no point is any more back and fourth between us. Best of luck in all you do

PS this was made and posted before valentines day and it is probly a good idea to make sure your nails have no edges when your going to spend time with a woman. It ain't my first rodeo either.
    hawgrider likes this.

To much drama all the way around on this thread. Please kill it like a communist.
    tuffy_chick_13 and Kauboy like this.
    A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself, But the simple pass on and are punished. Proverbs 22:3 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuck View Post
    You are posting absolutely nothing of substance. Then cry about anyone calling you out on it. Suck silver all you want.
    Try loading it in a shotgun shell first heard that is the best way to take it and really clears the sinuses!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I left a breakdown and the on the idea and links in the original post that I assume you did not see. I was asking for a good back and fourth on the thought. I don't cry over people not wanting to hear and idea. I simply pointed out how dumb I believe the reactions were form simply assuming I am a distributer or something to searching for images online like the jury in the move Idiocracy as well as "loading it in a shotgun shell" it and that tells me there is not a chance or a good debate. I only kept going for others reading this to see the lack of hearing an new idea. There is links at the bottom of the original post If you want to read it and if you not want to that's ok too. Kauboy was actually reading to look for a fault or substance in the idea and that's more of that I expected, he seems really cool and it too bad there aren't more like him.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Sponsored Links