Coming Pandemic?
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Coming Pandemic?

This is a discussion on Coming Pandemic? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Is anyone else following the spread into the United States of the Coronavirus? As of today, there are 6 confirmed cases in California, with other ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Coming Pandemic?

Coming Pandemic?

Is anyone else following the spread into the United States of the Coronavirus? As of today, there are 6 confirmed cases in California, with other cases reported in New York and Wisconsin. I told my wife that the first confirmed case in a contiguous county and we're going into hibernation mode. Planning on locking the front gate and pulling the kids out of school. Thoughts?

Me thinks coronavirus is not much to talk about. Not close to a pandemic and you should not waste your time with being overly concerned unless very old, very young, or an otherwise sickly person. If you and yours do not fit into any of those categories, then you would survive it even if you got it, even likely without needing to be in the hospital. Way over-hyped my man.
    Last edited by RedLion; 02-06-2020 at 08:48 PM.

I live in southern AZ and I am much more concerned, make that plain worried about the state of CA
    and the spread of Typhus, Tuberculosis, Bubonic Plague and Typhoid Fever. LA has become a
    breeding ground for all of these diseases due to California's do nothing state government allowing
    the homeless to exit unchecked. The homeless feces on the streets is already killing off the
    marine life nearby by its washing into the untreated sewer system and being carried out to see.
    There are reports of hundreds of dead marine animals washing up on shore, killed by the multitude
    of bacteria from the human feces. While not too close to LA, it's just a matter of time before the
    CA citizenry try to escape. And that means coming thru my area. And the blithering morons
    elected by CA are either crazy or don't give a damn about what they are doing. If I was the
    governor of AZ and NV, I'd be putting together plans for the National Guard to close off the border
    to CA on a moments notice. The Corona Virus is the JV team, as obama would put it.
    Deebo likes this.
    I really want one of these!Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Been in CA since the first of the year and want to head home soon, but truth is I don’t care to fly with these people who will easily lie to enable their travels. A quote from a lady who managed to get out of China to Nor Cal - SF was yeah I had a fever but I found some meds that lowered my temp and so I go the hell out. Thanks lady for bringing it to America. Wow.

Seriously thinking about taking another trip across an ocean some where on a slow boat not to China.

Governor of WI says he is not worried about it. I am surprised that a governor that works less than 3 hours a day even knows about it.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

This strange practice of shaking another person's hand is one HUGE reason that germs, bacteria etc get transmitted from person to person.

I fall into the "Hand Shake" trap every now and then, but try my best not to shake too many hands. I'll pull a "Trump/Pelosi" in a heartbeat and leave you hangin' if I suspect you are a boogie digger or ass scratchin' fool who doesn't wash your hands!

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    Nope. Not worried.

I refuse to act on the annual media tis the season hype.
    agmccall likes this.
    "The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

If you look at the number of confirmed cases vs the number of reported deaths it looks like about a 2% death rate if you catch it.
    Nothing to ignore but maybe not panic territory either, especially since it is very unlikely a person will actually catch this virus.
    hawgrider and Smitty901 like this.

our pastors brother came back from China for their mothers memorial service. He is now stuck in California because he and his wife can not get a flight back.
    rumor mill says infections are not 20,000 they are closer to 200,000 and deaths are also higher..

not like China is an open book and truthful

1918 Pandemic (H1N1 virus) showed up in the USA in the spring and within 1 year had infected 500 million with 600,000 dead in the US.... and that was before planes could move the virus within hours from country to country
    Be a Berean

SGG

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    1918 Pandemic (H1N1 virus) showed up in the USA in the spring and within 1 year had infected 500 million with 600,000 dead in the US.... and that was before planes could move the virus within hours from country to country
    What? I honestly have never even heard about that! That's a lot of death

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links