Coming Pandemic? - Page 2
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Coming Pandemic?

This is a discussion on Coming Pandemic? within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; That’s 500 million world wide....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Coming Pandemic?

That’s 500 million world wide.
    SGG likes this.

Nothing new as we are already in our mid winter anti flu/cold routine.
    Smitty901 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SGG View Post
    What? I honestly have never even heard about that! That's a lot of death
    really.. just google it 1918 pandemic... also called the spanish flu killed 20-50 million worldwide

History of 1918 Flu Pandemic

The 1918 influenza pandemic was the most severe pandemic in recent history. It was caused by an H1N1 virus with genes of avian origin. Although there is not universal consensus regarding where the virus originated, it spread worldwide during 1918-1919. In the United States, it was first identified in military personnel in spring 1918.

It is estimated that about 500 million people or one-third of the world’s population became infected with this virus. The number of deaths was estimated to be at least 50 million worldwide with about 675,000 occurring in the United States. Mortality was high in people younger than 5 years old, 20-40 years old, and 65 years and older. The high mortality in healthy people, including those in the 20-40 year age group, was a unique feature of this pandemic.
    SGG and rice paddy daddy like this.
    Be a Berean

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

SGG

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-Marine View Post
    really.. just google it 1918 pandemic... also called the spanish flu killed 20-50 million worldwide

History of 1918 Flu Pandemic

The 1918 influenza pandemic was the most severe pandemic in recent history. It was caused by an H1N1 virus with genes of avian origin. Although there is not universal consensus regarding where the virus originated, it spread worldwide during 1918-1919. In the United States, it was first identified in military personnel in spring 1918.

It is estimated that about 500 million people or one-third of the world’s population became infected with this virus. The number of deaths was estimated to be at least 50 million worldwide with about 675,000 occurring in the United States. Mortality was high in people younger than 5 years old, 20-40 years old, and 65 years and older. The high mortality in healthy people, including those in the 20-40 year age group, was a unique feature of this pandemic.
    Thanks for posting that. I did Google it after you mentioned it.

The Good Cop

According to Fox News, which I listen to sometimes in my truck, the corona virus is no more deadly than the flu.
    At this moment, in the US there are 12 confirmed cases of corona, and 20 MILLION cases of the flu.

I refuse to worry about this. It is all hyped up BS for the "24 hour news cycle". Every year, they trumpet some allegedly new disease that can become an epidemic.
    Every year, it is something new.
    "There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill
    "Leave the artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot." Napoleon
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division, Sons of the American Revolution.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    According to Fox News, which I listen to sometimes in my truck, the corona virus is no more deadly than the flu.
    At this moment, in the US there are 12 confirmed cases of corona, and 20 MILLION cases of the flu.

I refuse to worry about this. It is all hyped up BS for the "24 hour news cycle". Every year, they trumpet some allegedly new disease that can become an epidemic.
    Every year, it is something new.
    Frankly, I'd be more worried about government's responses to this 'pandemic' than actually catching it.
    Especially if "State of Emergencies" are declared...whether warranted or not.
    When it comes to grabbing power and denying rights - any excuse is better than none.
    SGG likes this.

Folks can believe this is serious, or not. Your choice. But consider this....... China quarantined 50 million people and closed down huge numbers of factories and production facilities. I really don’t think an authoritarian regime like China would do this on a whim. Economists are estimating these measures are going to have a very significant negative effect on China’s GDP this year throwing a major wrench into their overall plans. I’m tending to think this is serious.
    MountainGirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipper View Post
    Nothing new as we are already in our mid winter anti flu/cold routine.
    My daughter works at our church school. We have 225 students. She said the other day that they have had a long string of 15-20 out of school sick. FLU a and b, colds.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

White House Asks Scientists To Investigate Whether 2019-nCoV Was Bio-Engineered.

Trump is smart enough to already know the answer before publishing the fact that he is asking.
    He is telling the people to brace themselves!

He may also be pointing the finger at the CABAL if this is to take down the financial system as the end result being sought.

China, and Chinese companies, may possibly default on contracts, deriviatives, etc. due to contract impossibility. This could bring down the global system.
    See: Force Majeure
    Last edited by jimcosta; 02-07-2020 at 05:37 PM.
    MountainGirl likes this.
    Our Survival Group Website: Hidden Content

We do not know 10% of what is really going on in China
    Pay attention, avoid crowds, wash your hands!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links