The T.V. show Doomsday Preppers - Page 6
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

The T.V. show Doomsday Preppers

This is a discussion on The T.V. show Doomsday Preppers within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Water Food Clothing Shelter Work on longevity Redundancy Security All preperation will be similar for all unknown...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: The T.V. show Doomsday Preppers

Water
    Food
    Clothing
    Shelter
    Work on

longevity
    Redundancy
    Security
    All preperation will be similar for all unknown
    bigz1983 likes this.

Super Moderator

@GreatestCommandment when Noah had his family and livestock in the ark, he shut the door. Period.

I think we're in worse times than those days--right now. These are wicked, wicked times. I don't want to see anybody go to hell. Not even my worst enemy. But man, we've earned it what with 125,000 abortions per day in our world; babies being slaughtered in their mother's wombs each day.

And you want to trust your neighbor? Pray for them. If you can do an act of charity; that's good! But for the love of Our Lord Jesus, don't trust them.

Okay, granted I don't know the mind of Almighty God. But if it gets bad enough, then after this coming chastisement is over (whenever that is), I believe society will be restructured and become more Godly--for a time. Then people can and will work together for a while. But not now.
    SOCOM42 and bigz1983 like this.
    If you're not listening to "The Denton and Sasquatch Show", you're not on the team.

I understand your point about gang bangers from the cities. Where we are is too far from the cities to make it out to especially if gas is in short supply. It would be like finding a needle in a haystack, especially if you didn't have google maps and a GPS.

No, I would not want to live in the city in a disaster scenario. But I think in the country and in our less densely populated suburbs, you could keep things from getting out of hand with good leadership. Again, we can hunt, fish, forage and also plant crops.

I think it would take one hell of a disaster to keep most small-town American communities from surviving.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Correction: God shut the door, not Noah, sorry.
    bigz1983 likes this.
    If you're not listening to "The Denton and Sasquatch Show", you're not on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie View Post
    @GreatestCommandment when Noah had his family and livestock in the ark, he shut the door. Period.

I think we're in worse times than those days--right now. These are wicked, wicked times. I don't want to see anybody go to hell. Not even my worst enemy. But man, we've earned it what with 125,000 abortions per day in our world; babies being slaughtered in their mother's wombs each day.

And you want to trust your neighbor? Pray for them. If you can do an act of charity; that's good! But for the love of Our Lord Jesus, don't trust them.

Okay, granted I don't know the mind of Almighty God. But if it gets bad enough, then after this coming chastisement is over (whenever that is), I believe society will be restructured and become more Godly--for a time. Then people can and will work together for a while. But not now.
    I always think of John Harper, a pastor who was on the Titanic and stayed behind and called for "women, children, and the unsaved" to get the lifeboats. He knew that if they could live longer, they might have a chance to turn their lives around, and I'm sure many of them did especially after benefitting from such an incredibly selfless act.
    Annie likes this.

Yes. God shut the door to protect Noah and his family. As Christians, our mandate to care for others, spread the good news, and be completely selfless like a Christ isn’t suspended because of a disaster.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestCommandment View Post
    Yes. God shut the door to protect Noah and his family. As Christians, our mandate to care for others, spread the good news, and be completely selfless like a Christ isn’t suspended because of a disaster.
    You can do that anytime, not just in times of trial like now. So why not just go out and give your food and money to the poor now? Do you?

There's a hierarchy of responsibility. Family comes first. If we're married people with children or elderly parents to care for, we're going to have to answer for them first and foremost. Our Lord's not going to be asking about everyone in the neighborhood if I didn't do my best with the ones He's given me to care for.

Jesus spent 30 years at home living a hidden life before He began His ministry. He lived at home, learned a trade, took care of his mother after his foster father died. By the looks of it I think Our Lord considers that a pretty high priority.

If you're called to a religious life, it's different and yes that is a higher calling in a certain sense. Not everyone has that calling, and if you do have it, that's why it's better not to have a family to look after.
    bigz1983 and stevekozak like this.

Super Moderator

I always think of John Harper, a pastor who was on the Titanic and stayed behind and called for "women, children, and the unsaved" to get the lifeboats. He knew that if they could live longer, they might have a chance to turn their lives around, and I'm sure many of them did especially after benefitting from such an incredibly selfless act.
    Well that's just called being a man. God bless him.

There was a Navy Chaplain in Pearl Harbor who did the same thing. God bless him. He made everyone else get out first, then he went down with the ship.

I don't see that as being the same set of circumstances we were referring to previously.
    Last edited by Annie; 03-29-2020 at 03:19 PM.
    bigz1983 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alteredstate View Post
    Water
    Food
    Clothing
    Shelter
    Work on

longevity
    Redundancy
    Security
    All preperation will be similar for all unknown
    I agree..
    I gotta a lot of work to do..
    Annie, MountainGirl and stevekozak like this.

I understand what your saying the problem is if I only prep just enough to secure food, water and necessities for my family then my necessities will run out quickly if I bring new people on board.
    I have thought about my friends and other family members that know that I am prepping and how they going to come over to my place to bug out.
    I know I have to turn them away.
    It sucks.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links