Thoughts on Funerals Since Nobody is Getting Out of This Alive! - Page 9
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thoughts on Funerals Since Nobody is Getting Out of This Alive!

This is a discussion on Thoughts on Funerals Since Nobody is Getting Out of This Alive! within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I have a 1992 Camaro that I've put well over $20k into over the years restoring it from the ground up - just a street ...

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree290Likes

Thread: Thoughts on Funerals Since Nobody is Getting Out of This Alive!

I have a 1992 Camaro that I've put well over $20k into over the years restoring it from the ground up - just a street car with new replacement parts and pretty paint job. And it still doesn't go fast enough for me!

I've instructed everyone to put my dead carcass inside, my rigamortis death grip on steering wheel, set Camaro on straight stretch of any highway, ratchet strap a rocket to the top (like Wyle E. Coyote), light that beotch, ding mugs and toast to me a cold one as I go up in flames 1/4 mile away!

{of course I'd like at least one AR-15 mounted with 60 round drum and trigger taped down in hopes that with any luck a gun grabber might be in front of me}

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by vf750rider View Post
    I have a 1992 Camaro that I've put well over $20k into over the years restoring it from the ground up - just a street car with new replacement parts and pretty paint job. And it still doesn't go fast enough for me!

I've instructed everyone to put my dead carcass inside, my rigamortis death grip on steering wheel, set Camaro on straight stretch of any highway, ratchet strap a rocket to the top (like Wyle E. Coyote), light that beotch, ding mugs and toast to me a cold one as I go up in flames 1/4 mile away!

{of course I'd like at least one AR-15 mounted with 60 round drum and trigger taped down in hopes that with any luck a gun grabber might be in front of me}
    You're a freaking lunatic!
    Much respect.

That's about how I want to pop smoke and leave this world. Around 130 MPH, trying to figure out how to regain control of the machine.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

I think you showed your true nature. I spent many years pulling the deceased from fires, floods, and numerous other disasters however, I too did not attend funerals of those I didn't know or know very well. Then I went to one where I knew the man who lost his wife to cancer. What I experienced was all new. It is up the the family how they want to remember their loved ones. Not you. Nor was it ever about the dead or the ceremony or the body or the casket. It was about compassion for the living. I even attended a few pet funerals knowing full well that animals do not have a soul. Hated the idea of a "pet funeral" but then it is about the human heart suffering loss..., and that has proven good enough reason to be compassionate. Do your own thing, but referring to those who care for others as knuckleheads is pretty much where we get the idea of what it is to be a narcissist.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by marineimaging View Post
    I think you showed your true nature...Do your own thing, but referring to those who care for others as knuckleheads is pretty much where we get the idea of what it is to be a narcissist.
    Excellent response @marineimaging ...I was wondering if you would expound a bit on what you think you know about someone's "true nature"?

Inquiring knucklehead's would love to know!

Thanks

Your friend,

Slippy!
    Prepared One and hawgrider like this.

What post is this in reference to? I'm late to the game. I guess I can always go back and re-read 10 pages.
    A wise man never argues with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

I might be off base..., I said it on another post and will expound. The OP is right. We are all going to die. Funerals as we know them will be a thing of the past, for a while. A lot of folks posting on here have never experienced a real tragedy. From experience I know that who we are in a time of drought will come out as a testament to our "true nature". Our true nature is to either be selfish or selfless. There is often a lot of vacillating but who we are will soon reveal itself. What is said on here is sometimes bravado. Sometimes just fanciful thinking. A lot will start off being selfish. Some will come around to understanding that "selfish" doesn't work long term. Many of the selfish who don't eventually understand that will die leaving all they hoarded behind.

In less than a week people bury the dead and begin to work at cleaning up and rebuilding. Both as individuals and as groups dictated by proximity and skills. People migrate toward a winner and away from a loser. (It seems to be the nature of many survivalist to think they are going to survive on their own. To what end? To live a while, die, and leave nothing good behind? That's not surviving. That is prolonging the inevitable.) Those communities that come together after a disaster will not only survive, they will thrive. Many individualist who thought they would do it on their own will see that bringing skill sets to the table and living with others is the way to survive.
    1skrewsloose likes this.

Third holler on the right. Then up the road a piece
    All I hear is Charlie browns teacher.

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited breath." W. C. Fields
    You can find me at the Hidden Content

I might be off base..., I said it on another post and will expound. The OP is right. We are all going to die. Funerals as we know them will be a thing of the past, for a while. A lot of folks posting on here have never experienced a real tragedy. From experience I know that who we are in a time of drought will come out as a testament to our "true nature". Our true nature is to either be selfish or selfless. There is often a lot of vacillating but who we are will soon reveal itself. What is said on here is sometimes bravado. Sometimes just fanciful thinking. A lot will start off being selfish. Some will come around to understanding that "selfish" doesn't work long term. Many of the selfish who don't eventually understand that will die leaving all they hoarded behind.

In less than a week people bury the dead and begin to work at cleaning up and rebuilding. Both as individuals and as groups dictated by proximity and skills. People migrate toward a winner and away from a loser. (It seems to be the nature of many survivalist to think they are going to survive on their own. To what end? To live a while, die, and leave nothing good behind? That's not surviving. That is prolonging the inevitable.) Those communities that come together after a disaster will not only survive, they will thrive. Many individualist who thought they would do it on their own will see that bringing skill sets to the table and living with others is the way to survive.
    Again, thank you for another introspective and thought-provoking response!

On a side note, I'd like to extend an apology...I mistakenly thought I was on the "Forums for People Who Have Never Experienced a True Tragedy", my bad.

Oh well, back to hoarding!

Do any of these qualify as true tragedies to you? Putting guys in body bags,

The deaths of both parents, four grandparents, brother, having to pick up pieces of what were people and bagging them,

pulling out good friends from a sunken aircraft after a week down in the ocean,

and having crabs and lobsters crawl out of the chest cavities.

What "true" tragedies have you gone through???

Never been in combat have you???

Who the hell cares about leaving anything "good" behind?
    Last edited by SOCOM42; 01-24-2020 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippy View Post
    Again, thank you for another introspective and thought-provoking response!

On a side note, I'd like to extend an apology...I mistakenly thought I was on the "Forums for People Who Have Never Experienced a True Tragedy", my bad.

Oh well, back to hoarding!
    Darn ..... and all this time I thought we were the "Forums for People That Didn't Know They Were A Knucklehead"!
    Prepared One, hawgrider and Slippy like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Sponsored Links