Thoughts on Funerals Since Nobody is Getting Out of This Alive! - Page 7

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thoughts on Funerals Since Nobody is Getting Out of This Alive!

This is a discussion on Thoughts on Funerals Since Nobody is Getting Out of This Alive! within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Paraphrasing Ron White from one of his skits, Go out in the woods and get eaten by a bear so you can thumb your nose ...

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree268Likes

Thread: Thoughts on Funerals Since Nobody is Getting Out of This Alive!

Paraphrasing Ron White from one of his skits, Go out in the woods and get eaten by a bear so you can thumb your nose at folks who said you'd never amount to shit.
    A wise man once said, "Never argue with an idiot, anyone watching will not know who is who".

Here are a few of my thoughts .....

It don't make a dern what Slip thinks or wants. As soon as the ole' buzard bites the bullet, me and Mrs Slip are gonna do exactly what we want to do with his bag of bones.

I live in the land of ample property here in Texas and cemetery's are everywhere, heck many have their own. All little communities have one as well. We still place great value in publically showing support, respect and comforting the family.

Yes, cremation is a thing but not yet the norm. I do however, see a trend in cutting costs by abandoning the typical memorial service in a chapel or the funeral home and just having a simple grave side service. My parents, grandparents, and many relatives are buried in a rural community cemetary about 35 miles from where I reside, with a burial plott costing $250.

I have large life insurance policies on my family even the grown kids, that will pay for whatever somebody wants, and still leave plent of party money to rebound and start a new life.

Besides, I like going to funerals because I look kick ass in a sport coat with a shirt untucked underneath and pressed jeans.

Finally .... I saw a movie once where guys were picking up chicks at funerals. Ya just never know when Lady Luck is gonna shine down on ya.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

id probably convert a casket into something else if i had one.like a food cabinet. Who's gonna mess with a casket if they break into a home and see it.lol
    MountainGirl likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jimLE View Post
    id probably convert a casket into something else if i had one.like a food cabinet. Who's gonna mess with a casket if they break into a home and see it.lol
    Might make a great faraday cage.....
    jimLE likes this.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

for electronics or me?lol

for electronics or me?lol
    Electronics, silly. Hoomans don't need faraday cages for EMP protection.
    jimLE and MountainGirl like this.
    My ability to recall lyrics from a song written in the 70's far exceeds my ability to recall why I walked into the kitchen.
    The Ultimate Prepper's E-Library can be found Hidden Content .
    Feel free to visit my YouTube page. Hidden Content

Bikers have oddball funerals. For one thing, the several dozen guys he rode with all find out his real name.

As you know, the funeral for William "Tiny" Alexander hit me the hardest. He had recently been to my home, it would be the last time I would see him alive. While I polished, he sipped some Patron and we talked about "the old days" and how many times we were almost killed. Oh, and I told him "our saloon," The Wisco, was now the gathering place for some of my female clients--they play music there now.

Tiny was known by thousands of folks from a tri-state area. Not just as a biker, but for all the work he did for children in the community. I could never figure that out until the funeral. I saw a kind of a "June Cleaver" with three young men in their early to mid twenties. As I paid my respects, I passed this woman and asked her what her relationship was to Tiny. I was shocked to find out she was his wife and the boys were his sons!

I rode with him for decades, and he never mentioned his family. Then again, I never talked about my family either...
    ...No matter where you are it's enemy territory...

A friend who passed away 10 years ago had a steel casket in his bottle return room at the store.

The caskets were from the Trappist monastery nearby, they were no longer fit to bury the passing brothers.

To those that do not remember my posting about friend,

he had a package store/general store which I got cases of booze from at his passing.

He gave me a map with the measurements from two points in his back yard, dig there, we did, found another casket in the hole!

In that one there were 6 AKM's, 6 cases of 7.62X39 ammo and 54 mags.

I would prefer that my body be tossed in the woods for the animals to eat.

It makes no sense for my remains to be kept in any type of container. It makes no sense to burn fuel to turn me into smoke.

I’ll probably just find a hidden spot deep in the woods so nobody will even have to choose what to do with me.
    Slippy and MountainGirl like this.

Long ago I helped dig up a few caskets in a cemetery that was being moved. One of them broke open holding a guy who had been embalmed and buried 35 years before. He was still wonderfully preserved.; hair and skin all good but a bit dried out. Clothes dusty but also still in good shape.

After seeing him I thought he was lasting like a piece of plastic. I don't want to be a perfectly preserved piece of plastic 1000 years after I die. I will be cremated and go back to the earth.
    Nowadays they have some all natural burials with no embalming and no casket; just wrapped in a sheet and put in the ground to decay naturally. They require a special permitted cemetery. I'd be good with that too.
    KUSA likes this.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links