Thoughts on Funerals Since Nobody is Getting Out of This Alive! - Page 3

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thoughts on Funerals Since Nobody is Getting Out of This Alive!

This is a discussion on Thoughts on Funerals Since Nobody is Getting Out of This Alive! within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; Funerals are nothing more than an excuse for a bunch of douchebag relatives that I never cared for in life to come together, feign compassion ...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree259Likes

Thread: Thoughts on Funerals Since Nobody is Getting Out of This Alive!

Funerals are nothing more than an excuse for a bunch of douchebag relatives that I never cared for in life to come together, feign compassion for my family and fight over my stuff. Hopefully Mrs Inor and our kids are smart enough to tell them to take a flying f$%k at a rolling donut when I peg out.
    Denton, hawgrider, Slippy and 4 others like this.
    rest in peace Corporal Bradley Coy 06/08/92-10/24/14

Rest in Peace Sgt Mackie. 10/19/19

Super Moderator

"Who is She that comes forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terrible as a army set in battle array?"

So .... you guys aren't coming to my funeral?
    hawgrider, Deebo, Slippy and 1 others like this.
    I will choose to enjoy the journey that God has prepared for me. Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SOCOM42 View Post
    Around seventy to eighty years ago, what is known today as a living room in our homes were called a parlor.

Funerals were held in those rooms more so than in a commercial funeral parlor.

A generational stigma grew about the name and implication.

The rooms' name was changed to living room,

with the implication just the opposite of what it had previously implied.

My parents and grand parents intermittently used the prior name and sometimes I did to until I realized the implication.

I think it is insane to have one in the home, especially if they were found dead there in the first place.

My brother will never forget finding our grandmother dead in the living room sitting upright in the chair.

The image of someone lying in state , in your home would put me over the edge for sure, never again!
    That is interesting about the switch to "living room". I'd sort of figured about the parlor part, never thought about the word switch off though. Thanks.
    "Who is She that comes forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terrible as a army set in battle array?"

Awesome responses you knuckleheads! I wouldn't have expected otherwise from you all.

Maybe in late spring when the ground is still damp and the rains stop, I'm gonna take my tractor and grader and carve out a nice little "Garden" between the Fire Pit and one of the Range Benches. I like planting shit so I think I'll plant me some;

Azaleas; I like the hybrid Azaleas that bloom twice a year, Red if possible.
    Crepe Myrtles; Pretty when they bloom in the summer and might as well go with the White flowers
    Forsythia; Stunning Golden Yellow blooms in the early Spring
    Butterfly Bushes; who doesn't like butterflies flying around!
    Flowering Sage; Blue Flowers on Green Stems in the Fall and Winter
    And maybe couple of dwarf Japanese Maples.

And when my days on Earth are done, maybe they'll plant the little pine box that I hope the grandkids make for their "BoomPa's" ashes. (Boompa is the name Mrs S has picked for me when we are grandparents).

Yeah, that sounds like a nice little project...

(PS @Kauboy yes, me and The Lord got it worked out for my new body too!)
    Inor, hawgrider, Kauboy and 1 others like this.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    You and me both, but I don't take it personally. Not many funeral-goers on prepper forums, it would seem.

Hell I hope I don't make it to my funeral...
    Kauboy, Denton, A Watchman and 3 others like this.
    RIP Corporal BRADLEY COY 6/18/1992-10/24/2014

Super Moderator

My wife has informed me I have nothing to say about it if I go first. She is mostly leaning towards burying in the ground. I am for cremation, she is starting to lean a little my way. If she puts me in the ground my Class A dress uniform is prepared already.
    Slippy likes this.
    New life as a house husband, major shift in duties.

Karl Marx said, "Destroy their culture, rewrite their history. Ruin their art and literature, and defame their heroes, by offering fabrications to scandalize that which they considered good.
    After reading this Obama said I am on it.

Quote Originally Posted by A Watchman View Post
    Are you kidding?? I've been selling tickets for weeks!
    Kauboy, A Watchman, Slippy and 2 others like this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Not even that.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links