Thoughts on Funerals Since Nobody is Getting Out of This Alive! - Page 10
Register

Welcome to the Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thoughts on Funerals Since Nobody is Getting Out of This Alive!

This is a discussion on Thoughts on Funerals Since Nobody is Getting Out of This Alive! within the General Prepper and Survival Talk forums, part of the Survivalist, Prepper, Bushcrafter, Forest Rangers category; I agree that the fancy coffins and funerals are a waste of money. Your perspective feels very realist and practical. Let's just cremate, have a ...

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree290Likes

Thread: Thoughts on Funerals Since Nobody is Getting Out of This Alive!

I agree that the fancy coffins and funerals are a waste of money. Your perspective feels very realist and practical. Let's just cremate, have a wake and BBQ, and move forward. To me personally, I don't have a feeling about funerals one way or another. I'll leave it up to my wife and let her decide what she would like to do. If my wife dies before me, I will likely be cremated, no funeral necessary, and move forward. The obligatory obituary in the paper is enough for me. Some people "need" the funeral to personally, spiritually, or culturally move forward and that's something I'm supportive of.
    Slippy likes this.

I like gasoline.
    Slippy and Chiefster23 like this.
    TOUGH TIMES DONT LAST,TOUGH PEOPLE DO.

Quote Originally Posted by MI.oldguy View Post
    I like gasoline.
    Doesn't work too well. Just ask Adolph and Eva.
    MI.oldguy likes this.
    Prepping is not a destination... it is a journey.
    Visit my YouTube page: Hidden Content

4. Remove Advertisements
    PrepperForums.net
    Advertisements

I spent 20 years pulling crab infested bodies out of the Neches and Sabine rivers, Galveston Bay and the Houston ship channel as a Marine Rescue Lt and Coast Guard Coxswain. As firefighter and EMT putting the remains of hundreds of highway accident victims in the ambulance or body bags. Picking up little girls torsos and a grandfathers charred remains from burned out homes just to name a few. A co-workers brains off the highway and what was left of a farmer out the treads of a bulldozer. Hiked out of the forest carrying the very short body of a pilot who was flying a pipeline one minute and into the ground the next. Gun shot victims missing half their head or a deputy with a clean .45 hole dead center of his chest. Teen girl kicked in the head by a horse and left a vegetable. A linesman working a pole when lightening hit the transformer he was working on. His own ER nurse wife didn't even recognize him when we rolled him in on a gurney. That's just a few. Including my own brother's body thrown out of his vehicle under a bridge to be eaten by the crabs and the teen bother of my brother in law whom we caught with dragging hooks in the middle of the night after he disappeared swimming. Teenage cancer victim who was the son of one of our captains, carried on the back of a fire truck one last time to the grave site. Yep, I was in a war. A war against the elements and evil people right here in small town America. Do you need more to compare? I got a lot more. That's why I now live quietly in our Colorado mountain home and refuse to join the local volunteer fire department even though I have enough credentials to be their training officer. Maybe you haven't had enough, but I have.
    inceptor, Michael_Js and Denton like this.

Quote Originally Posted by marineimaging View Post
    I spent 20 years pulling crab infested bodies out of the Neches and Sabine rivers, Galveston Bay and the Houston ship channel as a Marine Rescue Lt and Coast Guard Coxswain. As firefighter and EMT putting the remains of hundreds of highway accident victims in the ambulance or body bags. Picking up little girls torsos and a grandfathers charred remains from burned out homes just to name a few. A co-workers brains off the highway and what was left of a farmer out the treads of a bulldozer. Hiked out of the forest carrying the very short body of a pilot who was flying a pipeline one minute and into the ground the next. Gun shot victims missing half their head or a deputy with a clean .45 hole dead center of his chest. Teen girl kicked in the head by a horse and left a vegetable. A linesman working a pole when lightening hit the transformer he was working on. His own ER nurse wife didn't even recognize him when we rolled him in on a gurney. That's just a few. Including my own brother's body thrown out of his vehicle under a bridge to be eaten by the crabs and the teen bother of my brother in law whom we caught with dragging hooks in the middle of the night after he disappeared swimming. Teenage cancer victim who was the son of one of our captains, carried on the back of a fire truck one last time to the grave site. Yep, I was in a war. A war against the elements and evil people right here in small town America. Do you need more to compare? I got a lot more. That's why I now live quietly in our Colorado mountain home and refuse to join the local volunteer fire department even though I have enough credentials to be their training officer. Maybe you haven't had enough, but I have.
    My only experience with that was as a volunteer fire fighter in Park County. Small town and we did it all. Once worked a fatality where his brains were all over the road. The only thing that really bothered me were the dead children. While I was there (3 years) the only fatalities we dealt with were accidents. No lives lost fighting fires.
    Michael_Js and Denton like this.

Since I am never going to die, this topic does not concern me much. I will say though, that I have recently consumed a copious amount of beer and tequila and it is possible that my judgement might be a little off.
    Denton, A Watchman, Slippy and 1 others like this.

my friend was the undertaker for my son. He allowed me to pray over him before cremation. The funeral was healing for me the others that came to support me, His 2/7 brothers from the marines. I go to the grave site often about a 3 hour round trip about 1x per month or two. (more often before) its a beautiful drive and i can wash his head stone and bring flowers. I cant go to funerals right now- I am unable to process or be around other peoples grief. so i dont go.

for me, cremation is fine, being composted is fine so i can be a tree or a sack of weed. Im not picky. pretty sure it doesnt really matter.
    Last edited by shotlady; 04-08-2020 at 09:06 PM. Reason: TMI not ready to share all yet

Super Moderator

Buried within 24 hours. No embalming fluid. Cheapest box allowed.
    Michael_Js and RubberDuck like this.
    "Reality is almost always wrong."
    Dr. Gregory House

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Buried within 24 hours. No embalming fluid. Cheapest box allowed.
    This should do..

Burn me.may I fertilize a tree.
    shotlady likes this.
    TOUGH TIMES DONT LAST,TOUGH PEOPLE DO.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Sponsored Links